What is an invoice? An invoice is a type of document used in every business transaction. The main purpose of an invoice is to request or demand payment for services rendered by the business. Another importance of an invoice is also for a business to record the different transactions.
There are several differences between an invoice vs. a receipt. An invoice is issued after a transaction is delivered while a receipt is given after a payment is made. If you are looking for medical invoices, we have templates and samples available for you to download. Read more information about a medical invoice below.
Medical Invoice Template
Medical Bill Format Template
Services Plan Invoice
Medical Records Invoice
Medical Billing Invoice
Blank Medical Invoice in PDF
Importance of a Medical Invoice
A health-care provider is an individual or a business that provides any type of health care service to anyone who needs them. In order for these health-care providers to receive payment for the services that they have rendered, a medical invoice is essential.
A medical invoice is a type of document used to bill clients for the health services that they have received. Without a medical invoice, health-care providers will not be able to request payment from clients for these services. Apart from a medical invoice, our free invoices contain a variety of templates available for download.
How to Create a Medical Invoice
When creating a medical invoice, there are certain steps that need to be followed if you want to have a professional invoice. Refer to the steps below to help you write and format your medical invoice. You can also download a purchase invoice should you need it specifically.
- To start creating your invoice, download a medical invoice template.
- Assign an invoice number.
- Write the names, addresses, and contact numbers of both the medical practitioner and the patient.
- Include the patient’s personal information such as the date of birth, weight, height, etc.
- Specify the services provided, the price of each, and the total amount.
Medical Tax Invoice
Sample Medical Invoice
Medical Office Invoice
Types of Invoice
There are various types of invoices available depending on how it is used. A generic invoice is one example of a type of invoice.
- Standard Invoice – a standard invoice is a type of invoice that follows a basic format. It contains all the necessary and basic information that an invoice should have and is commonly used in agriculture industry, retail, or wholesale industry.
- Commercial Invoice – a commercial invoice is a different type of invoice not usually used in normal transactions. A commercial invoice is usually used in foreign trade when importing or exporting goods and products. It is used to declare the value of imported goods from other countries.
- Progress Invoice – a progress invoice is another type of invoice used for a period of time. For example, in the construction industry, a progress invoice is sent out to request for payment to cover the costs of the construction.
- Utility Invoice – a utility invoice is a type of invoice used to request for payment of utility services such as an electric bill or Internet bill.
- Recurring Invoice – this invoice is typically used in the rental industry. A recurring invoice is used to request for the payment of rental services and are sent out every month.
7+ Travel Invoice Samples – Examples in PDF, Word
12+ Billing Invoice Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
10+ Billing Invoice Templates – Free Samples, Examples & Format
8+ Plumbing Invoices – Free Samples, Examples, and Formats
6+ Painting Invoice Samples – Examples in PDF, Excel
5+ Roofing Invoice Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
12+ Roofing Invoice Templates
5+ Graphic Design Invoice Samples
7+ Graphic Design Invoice Samples
13+ HVAC Invoice Templates
6+ HVAC Invoice Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
7+ Legal Invoice Samples
7+ Legal Invoice Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
5+ Plumbing Invoices – Examples in Word, PDF
7+ Plumbing Invoice Samples – Examples in PDF, Excel, Word