Soft copies of files are very efficient nowadays, especially when everything now is accessible wherever we go by using our computers and smart phones. It is important for the consumers and businesses to learn and engage in making PDF receipt to preserve records and make these written acknowledgment more accessible.
To some people, invoice and receipt might be interchangeable, but there is a significant difference between the two. The former is given before the payment, while the latter is a confirmation that a payment has been made. It is also noticeable that different shops and businesses have different receipt format.
Making Sales Receipt in MS Word
It is now very popular to make sales receipt in PDF easily from your MS Word without downloading any special software for that. Here are the five easy steps to follow after opening your MS Word:
- Click on the Office button on the top left icon on your screen, and select New from the drill down menu. This will present you a list of different categories with different templates.
- Find the category Receipts and select the type you prefer.
- Click on the template that provides your need.
- At this point, it is a matter of editing the contents and customizing of the template to fit on your needs.
- Proofread the output and save your file when you’re done.
It is important to note that storing receipt samples will make it easier to just edit whenever you need to make a new or different type of receipt.
Creating Receipt Templates in Excel
Creating receipt or general receipt templates in Excel is an alternative of the MS Word, and may even be better because you can input formulas that the system will just calculate for you. Follow these easy steps:
- Open a new workbook in Excel.
- Enter your business information including company letterhead on the receipt on the right. On the left side, type Receipt and the receipt number.
- Input column headers below the business information like Items, Units, Price, Discount, and Total. Make the header more distinguishable, highlight the column header cells then click the Border and Fill icon.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Type Total, Subtotal, and Tax in the second column from the left.
- Highlight all the cells under Price, Discount, and Total column then go to Home tab, change the Number menu to Currency. Save when done.
Simple Tips for Making Receipt in Word
Although making receipt samples in Word is easy and time savvy, it’s always better to make an impressive and professional-looking receipt. I have listed some tips for making receipt in Word you could easily follow:
- Determine what specific type of receipt you need and that serves you best. There are delivery receipt templates, cash receipt templates, rent receipt templates, etc. You can even do this in formatting tax receipts.
- When you input your business information, it is always better to include the business logo to make it more professional-looking and customized.
- Use the Table icon under Insert tab to create the body of the receipt.
- Save your blank receipt templates when you’re done for record and future use as word template file type.
FREE 15+ Doctors Receipt Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Car Payment Receipts in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Sample Construction Receipt Templates in PDF | Excel
FREE 11+ Receipt of Payment Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Apple Pages
FREE 8+ Sample Payment Received Receipt Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 12+ Cash Receipt Templates in Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel | MS Word | Numbers | Pages | PDF
FREE 21+ Rent Receipt Templates in Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel | MS Word | Numbers | Pages
FREE 4+ Contractor Receipt Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Receipt Voucher Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 8+ Credit Card Receipt Templates in PDF
FREE 10+ Contractor Receipt Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 11+ Restaurant Bill Receipt Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 12+ Restaurant Receipt Templates in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE17+ Restaurant Receipt Templates in Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel | MS Word | Numbers | Pages | PDF
FREE 15+ Blank Sales Receipt Templates in PDF | Excel