Soft copies of files are very efficient nowadays, especially when everything now is accessible wherever we go by using our computers and smart phones. It is important for the consumers and businesses to learn and engage in making PDF receipt to preserve records and make these written acknowledgment more accessible.
To some people, invoice and receipt might be interchangeable, but there is a significant difference between the two. The former is given before the payment, while the latter is a confirmation that a payment has been made. It is also noticeable that different shops and businesses have different receipt format.
Making Sales Receipt in MS Word
It is now very popular to make sales receipt in PDF easily from your MS Word without downloading any special software for that. Here are the five easy steps to follow after opening your MS Word:
- Click on the Office button on the top left icon on your screen, and select New from the drill down menu. This will present you a list of different categories with different templates.
- Find the category Receipts and select the type you prefer.
- Click on the template that provides your need.
- At this point, it is a matter of editing the contents and customizing of the template to fit on your needs.
- Proofread the output and save your file when you’re done.
It is important to note that storing receipt samples will make it easier to just edit whenever you need to make a new or different type of receipt.
Creating Receipt Templates in Excel
Creating receipt or general receipt templates in Excel is an alternative of the MS Word, and may even be better because you can input formulas that the system will just calculate for you. Follow these easy steps:
- Open a new workbook in Excel.
- Enter your business information including company letterhead on the receipt on the right. On the left side, type Receipt and the receipt number.
- Input column headers below the business information like Items, Units, Price, Discount, and Total. Make the header more distinguishable, highlight the column header cells then click the Border and Fill icon.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Type Total, Subtotal, and Tax in the second column from the left.
- Highlight all the cells under Price, Discount, and Total column then go to Home tab, change the Number menu to Currency. Save when done.
Simple Tips for Making Receipt in Word
Although making receipt samples in Word is easy and time savvy, it’s always better to make an impressive and professional-looking receipt. I have listed some tips for making receipt in Word you could easily follow:
- Determine what specific type of receipt you need and that serves you best. There are delivery receipt templates, cash receipt templates, rent receipt templates, etc. You can even do this in formatting tax receipts.
- When you input your business information, it is always better to include the business logo to make it more professional-looking and customized.
- Use the Table icon under Insert tab to create the body of the receipt.
- Save your blank receipt templates when you’re done for record and future use as word template file type.
6+ Sample Rent Payment Receipts
7+ Sample Payment Receipt Forms
5+ Medical Receipt Templates – Free Downloadable Samples, Example, and Formats
9+ Contractor Receipt Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
6+ Construction Receipt Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
6+ Sample Photography Receipt Templates
27+ Receipt Templates in Word
7+ Cash Sale Receipt Samples
26+ Payment Receipt Examples
8+ Dental Receipt Samples & Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
Simple Steps to Create a Receipt in Excel
10+ Daycare Receipt Samples and Templates – PDF, Word
12+ Bill Receipt Samples and Templates – PDF
8+ Travel Receipt Samples and Templates – PDF, Word
14+ Petty Cash Receipt Samples & Templates – PDF, Word, Excel