Catering businesses are a tough one to handle. From tailor-fitting a menu that would suit your client’s preferences, to the management of your catering staff, and the procurement of food ingredients, it’s enough to blow one’s mind. That is why, when it comes to asking your clients to pay for the catering services you have provided, you would find it a much easier task with a catering invoice in hand.
On the other hand, once your client has made their payment, you must be able to uphold a commendable level of professionalism by printing a proper order receipt and subsequently issuing it to your client. To learn how to create a catering receipt, simply refer to our templates on this page, which can provide you with a detailed manifestation of the receipt format and content.
Catering Services Receipt Template
Catering Order Receipt
Catering Payment Receipt
The Difference between Invoices and Sales Receipts
A myriad of individuals would confuse invoices for receipts. Sometimes they may opt to use one in lieu of the other. This is not proper professional practice as these two documents are not one and the same. In fact, these are two different types of business documents.
The main difference between an invoice and a receipt is its purpose. Essentially, the purpose of an invoice is to clearly lay out all the items that a customer has purchased or availed in order to ask him/her to pay for the total amount due for such a transaction. Meanwhile, a printable payment receipt is issued to customers after they have made their payment. It thus serves as a legally admissible proof of payment.
What Is the Use of a Catering Receipt?
The following are the numerous uses of a catering receipt:
- It assures customers that the amount of money they have paid would not go to waste as there is a proper proof of such payment.
- It is a legally admissible evidence of the payment for the catering service availed by a customer.
- It can provide catering service providers with a reliable source of information when analyzing the trends of their clients.
If you are in the process of seeking payment from your catering clients, then you may find our sample catering invoices of great use.
Catering Official Receipt
Sample Catering Receipt
Tips to Make the Best Catering Receipts
- At the topmost part of the receipt, write in bold letters its functional label, “Catering Receipt.”
- Follow the format and layout of a standard receipts form. You may pattern it according to our collection of cash receipt templates.
- Place the logo of your catering business below the functional label.
- Then write the name of your business, your address, contact information, and email address.
- Write the personal information of your customer.
- Specify the event that you have provided your catering services for.
- List down the food items and beverages that you have served to your customers.
- Beside each item, write the prices.
- Provide a breakdown of additional charges.
- Total the amount due.
- Affix your signature.
- Specify the date when your client has made his/her payment.
19+ Restaurant Receipt Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
23+ Donation Receipt Templates – PDF, Word, Excel, Pages
7+ Sample Advance Payment Receipts – Word, PDF
27 Free Payment Receipts
42+ Payment Receipt Samples
11+ Business Receipt Templates – Examples in Word, PDF
6+ Contractor Receipt Samples
6+ Sample Rent Payment Receipts
7+ Sample Payment Receipt Forms
5+ Medical Receipt Templates – Free Downloadable Samples, Example, and Formats
9+ Contractor Receipt Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
6+ Construction Receipt Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
6+ Sample Photography Receipt Templates
27+ Receipt Templates in Word
7+ Cash Sale Receipt Samples