Can you imagine the chaos caused by sales transactions sans the issuance of receipts? Indeed, it is a sore sight to see sales agents demanding payments from innocent customers who have already paid their dues. It is of great importance that sales agents and business clerks must issue a receipt sample to each of their customers after they have made their payments.
A receipt is a customer’s assurance that the transaction is bereft of foul play. That is why, if you are a business owner or a business manager, it is your obligation to give your customers this kind of assurance. When creating a receipt, it is best to refer to receipt templates that accurately portray the proper format and content of a standard receipt. If you wish, you may browse our archives for receipt templates.
What Is a Receipt?
A receipt is a document that basically serves as a proof that a customer has paid for the item or items that he/she has purchased. This document is to be issued to customers right after they have made their payment.
What Are the Purposes of a Receipt?
- It is a standard and formal document hence, it is legally admissible. By legally admissible, it means that a receipt format can be shown in court in case a company would claim to not have received a customer’s payment.
- It encourages more customers to continue with making business transactions with a company because they are assured with the fact that their payment have been formally acknowledged; and that, there is no possibility that they may be demanded to pay for a sum to which they have already paid.
- It is a solid source of data for business analysis as it indicates the items which customers are constantly in need of.
To understand the utmost importance of receipts, then it might help you if you check out templates of receipts available such as printable payment receipts, order receipt templates, general receipt templates, and free printable receipts.
How to Format a Receipt?
- Label your receipt with the word Receipt as it helps make it easier to identify the document. Quick identification would come in handy in the future should you or your customer have a need to refer to it.
- Include your company’s letterhead below the label (name, address, logo, and contact information).
- Provide spaces for your customer’s basic information such as name, address, and contact information. You may add more fields or spaces to be filled out with customer information, which are essential to the types of purchases that you expect your customers to make considering the type of business you are handling.
- Provide a table for the items to be availed by your customers. There should be fields or columns for the name of the item (product or service), the price, and the quantity.
- Provide an area for the total sum to be paid by your customer for that transaction.
19+ Restaurant Receipt Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
23+ Donation Receipt Templates – PDF, Word, Excel, Pages
7+ Sample Advance Payment Receipts – Word, PDF
27 Free Payment Receipts
42+ Payment Receipt Samples
11+ Business Receipt Templates – Examples in Word, PDF
6+ Contractor Receipt Samples
6+ Sample Rent Payment Receipts
7+ Sample Payment Receipt Forms
5+ Medical Receipt Templates – Free Downloadable Samples, Example, and Formats
9+ Contractor Receipt Template – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
6+ Construction Receipt Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download
6+ Sample Photography Receipt Templates
27+ Receipt Templates in Word
7+ Cash Sale Receipt Samples