What is a standard reference letter? A standard reference letter is written by an individual for another individual to provide details about their skills and characteristics. This letter is commonly used as a support letter for an employment application, scholarship application, or loan application. The qualifications of the applicant is also mentioned.
Why is a reference letter important? The company you are applying to doesn’t know anything about you, so they may find it hard to hire you for the job. With the aid of a reference letter, especially one that is written by someone that the company knows, they can determine if you are who they need for the job.
Standard Reference Letter Sample
Standard Reference Letter for an Employee
Standard Character Reference Letter
Standard Job Letter in PDF
Standard Bank Reference Letter
What Are the Uses of a Standard Reference Letter?
- A recommendation is like a support document for an application for employment, for a school scholarship or admittance for graduate school, or for a loan application, like in a family reference letter.
- Reference letters serve as additional materials that a company or an employer uses to provide them more information about the type of person or employee you are.
- Helps hiring companies know if you are the applicant that they are looking for.
- It also helps an individual showcase their good qualities and qualifications to the hiring company through indirect means.
- It is like a letter of guarantee because the name of the individual writing it is on the line.
How to Write a Standard Reference Letter
- Use a formal letter formatting style, like what we used in our reference letter samples.
- Use the same margin size for all sides of the page.
- Use traditional font styles, like Times New Roman and Arial.
- Limit the font size from size 10 to 12.
- Write the the name, designation, and address of the letter recipient.
- Use a polite greeting.
- Introduce yourself in the first paragraph and write about the applicant in the other paragraphs.
- Be polite and do not exaggerate the details you will be writing.
- Write your name and affix your signature at the bottom.
- Do a spell-check and have your work proofread.
Standard Landlord Letter
Standard Personal Reference Letter
Standard Reference Letter Example
7 Tips for Providing Standard Reference Letters
Some things have to be considered when writing a recommendation for someone, whether it be college reference letters or reference letters for apartment. Before accepting to write a reference letter, you should decide first if you want to write one. Check the tips below for writing reference letters.
- Provide useful information, like the applicant’s name, position they are applying for, their competency, their qualifications, their accomplishments and achievements, and so on.
- Avoid discussing details below the iceberg, like their age, religion, marriage, religious beliefs, origin, color, and disability.
- Save a copy for yourself. Do this in case there is a need for you to use it. You can also use it as reference when writing future reference letters.
- Sign any required documents or forms. Always write a letterhead on top of the page.
- Request for a copy of the job description from the applicant so that you know what good qualities and qualifications to write.
- Avoid any exaggerations and stick to the essentials.
- Most of all, have your letter spell-checked and proofread.
FREE 3+ Common Ways Job Applicants Mess Up Their Cover Letters in PDF
FREE 7+ Tenant Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Thank-You Letter to Employees in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook
FREE 12+ Teacher Cover Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Job Application Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Non-Engagement Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 3+ Sample Hogwarts Acceptance Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 38+ Thank You Letter Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 12+ Company Resignation Letters Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 12+ Letter of Support Templates in MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 9+ Termination Letters in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Sample Offer Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Behavior Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Doctor Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 8+ Job Applicant Rejection Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF