In today’s modern world, with the advancement of technology, people informally send their thank-yous through text messages or social media to express their appreciation or gratitude to a particular person or entity. Although these methods are a more convenient means of thanking a person, old-fashioned handwritten thank-you notes and letters are still the best way to express your gratitude. Printable thank-you notes and letters are also a good way to send out your thank-you messages. Through a handwritten or printed thank-you letter, the recipient will be able to feel the sincerity of the message you are trying to say.
There are many reasons why it is important to write thank-you letters. For example, you can write a thank-you letter after you have received a gift from another person or entity. It is also important to send a thank-you letter after a job interview or if someone has written a recommendation letter for you. These are only a few of the many reasons why a thank-you letter or note is essential. In this article, you will find various information regarding thank-you letters including the steps in creating one, some tips, as well as the different thank-you letters that you can send. We also have samples that you can use as a reference and various thank-you letter templates and samples such as an interview thank-you letter template, recommendation thank-you letter template, donation thank-you letter sample, etc., to help you start your thank-you letters.
Sample Thank-You Letter from CEO
Fundraising Campaign Thank-You Letter Sample
Job Interview Thank-You Letter Sample
Printable Thank You Letter Template
Advocacy Thank-You Letter Sample
Student Thank-You Letter Template
Thank-You Letter for Field Trip Template
Thank-You Letter Recommendations
Sending out a thank-you letter leaves a lasting impression on the recipient of the letter. When you write a thank-you letter, refer to the important pointers below to guide you.
- Choose the right font: It is important to consider the type of font that you will be using when writing your thank-you letter. When choosing a font, remember to pick the style that fits the type of thank-you letter you are writing. Some examples of traditional fonts are Times New Roman, Arial, and so on.
- Follow the standard font size: If you are writing a formal thank-you letter, it is important to follow the standard size of the font, which is between size 10 to 12.
- Consider the format: The format of your thank-you letter is also important. Remember to write or type your letter using a single spacing and a 1” margin, especially when writing a business thank-you letter or any formal letter.
- Avoid a lengthy thank-you letter: An effective thank-you letter should be concise. It is essential to limit your thank-you letter to a page.
- Keep your letter accurate: Before sending out your thank-you letter, it is important to proofread and check its contents for any mistakes or errors.
- Timing is key: Sending out your thank-you letter at the appropriate time is important. For example, if you are writing a thank-you letter after a job interview, it is important to remember to send one within 24 to 48 hours after the interview. If you are sending out other types of letters such as a thank-you letter for gifts, you can write one within a week since it is not an urgent matter, although you will have to send one as soon as possible to show your sincerity and gratitude.
- Sending an email or handwritten thank-you letter: Sending a thank-you letter through email is appropriate if it is urgent to send one, especially when writing for a company after an interview. If you have the time, a handwritten thank-you letter is preferable.
Informational Interview Thank-You Letter Sample
Post-Interview Thank-You Letter Sample
Event Donation Thank-You Letter Template
Scholarship Thank-You Letter Template
Gift Thank-You Letter Template
Mentor Thank-You Letter Template
Business Thank-You Letter Example
Writing Your Thank-You Letter
Showing your appreciation for a gesture or an opportunity can go a long way, especially if you want to build a strong relationship with another person.
To help you write an effective thank-you letter, follow the steps below:
- Start your thank-you letter with a salutation or a greeting. When you address the person you are writing the letter to, you can use a greeting such as the words “Dearest,” “Hi,” “Dear,” and so on, followed by the name of the recipient of the letter. Your greeting should also depend on the person you are writing the letter to.
- Express your appreciation for the person and explain why you are writing the letter. If the person has sent you a gift, let them know that you love the gift that you have received and that you appreciate their gesture. In an interview thank-you letter, express that you appreciate the person for taking the time to interview you and remind them of the skills that you have that will make you the best fit for the position that they are looking for. This where you can also discuss other matters that were not discussed during the interview.
- Close the letter by thanking the person one last time. Include a closing line such as the word/s “Sincerely,” “Much Love,” “Many Thanks,” “Respectfully Yours,” etc. It is important to remember to choose the right closing line for the letter you are writing. If you are writing an interview letter, choose a more formal closing line that will match the circumstance. A thank-you letter to a friend or relative should have a more personal or friendly closing line.
FREE 3+ Common Ways Job Applicants Mess Up Their Cover Letters in PDF
FREE 7+ Tenant Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Thank-You Letter to Employees in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook
FREE 12+ Teacher Cover Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Job Application Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Non-Engagement Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 3+ Sample Hogwarts Acceptance Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 38+ Thank You Letter Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 12+ Company Resignation Letters Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 12+ Letter of Support Templates in MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 9+ Termination Letters in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Sample Offer Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Behavior Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Doctor Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 8+ Job Applicant Rejection Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF