If you are a student in need of a recommendation letter or someone who has been asked to write one, then you have stumbled upon the right website. When you are unsure of what to include in a recommendation letter, it is always a safe choice to have a reference to help you write one.
We have here nine Sample Letters for recommendation that will help you write one that is of good quality. Below you will find all of our templates for student recommendations. They are all highly editable and customizable according to your needs and preference. Check out all of the samples and pick the one you like best.
Sample Student Graduate Recommendation Letter
Student Teacher Recommendation Letter
Student Scholarship Recommendation Letter
Graduate Student Recommendation Letter in PDF
Law Student Recommendation Letter Example
What Is a Student Recommendation Letter?
A student recommendation letter is a document that reflects the student’s strong points such as his/her qualifications, skills, character, and achievements. These serve as a supporting document for a student’s application to pursue further studies in a university or college, or for a scholarship application. They are a tool that can solidify a student’s claims in the application and it attests to the eligibility of a student to be granted the scholarship or have a spot in the university.
How Important Are Recommendation Letters?
A recommendation letter is highly important since they can either make or break a student’s chance to be admitted for further studies or to be granted a scholarship.
Tips to Remember
- Writing a recommendation letter is a big responsibility, so you have to make sure you can write one that is sincere and can highlight all the strong points of the student you are writing for in full detail.
- Know the purpose of the recommendation letter—is it for a scholarship? For a college application? Knowing the purpose can actually help make you understand the reasons why the student is qualified for the application.
Wanna know about how to request someone to write strong recommendation letter about you? You can check out our Student Recommendation Letter Requests.
Student Recommendation Letter Sample
Research Student Recommendation Letter
Medical Student Recommendation Letter
Student Self-Assessment Recommendation Letter
What to Write in a Student Recommendation Letter
- Introduce yourself and how you are related to the applicant. State why you are considered to be a qualified person to write a recommendation letter for the applicant.
- Evaluate the student’s credentials and emphasize in full detail the relevant ones in order to tailor-fit it to the purpose of the student’s application.
- Mention what you think about the student and his/her interest to take up further studies.
- Mention unique qualities that the student might have that is relevant to the application and can also give the application an edge.
- Your contact details must also be reflected in order for you to be contacted in cases where the committee might have additional questions about the student. Also, list down the most convenient schedule for them to contact you.
The recommendation letters in this article can definitely serve as a guide for when you are writing your recommendation letter. They are in PDF (.pdf) and Word (.doc) format, which are compact file formats making them easy to store in your devices. They can also be edited according to your preference.
You may also check out Recommendation Letter for High School Students.
131+ Sample Thank You Letters
35 Sample Resignation Letters in Word
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letter Templates
12+ Basic Rental Agreement Letter Templates
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letters
Free Sample Love Letters in Word
11+ Sample Thank You Letters for Gifts Free Download
12+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters
13+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
12+ Sample Appeal Letters
12+ Example of Appeal Letter Templates to Download for Free
11+ Appeal Letters – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
14+ Appeal Letter Samples – PDF, Word
12+ Appeal Letters – Free Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Retirement Resignation Letters