As teachers, it is expected that you would have students coming to you asking for a recommendation letter especially when they are nearing their last year of schooling. Writing a recommendation letter is always taxing, it is only ever valuable if you know the student requesting it from you well enough.
Having met many students in your teaching life, it is not easy to keep tabs and remember everything about your students’ accomplishments and every good points. So, how can you make a recommendation letter effectively? This article will discuss some key points you’ll need along with samples that you can download for free in PDF format, to use as a reference material. See also Sample Letters.
Free High School Recommendation Letter From Teacher
Free High School Recommendation Letter
Free Recommendation Letter For High School Student
Scholarship Recommendation Letter for High School Student
Recommendation Letter Form for High School Student
Recommendation Letter for High School Student Applying to College
Recommendation Letter for High School Student from Teacher
Knowing What Kind of Recommendation Letter Your Student Needs
There are different kinds of recommendation letter your student needs. As a high school student, most of the recommendation letter they would be requesting is either a recommendation for scholarships, a recommendation letter required by the university, college, or institute they are eyeing for, or perhaps for both. The one thing that gets you stuck is wondering what your content should contain.
Here are some of the key points to guide you in writing a Student Recommendation Letters:
- Candidate’s support. You have to remember that a recommendation letter is a supportive letter that can help determine the student’s chance into getting the acceptance letter they need.
- An informed evaluation. You need to make sure that you are able to completely evaluate your student’s strengths and weaknesses, and having a candid discussion with the student is important in making your letter. You need to provide sufficient evidence along with a well-documented evaluation as it helps the selection committee in making its decision.
- Address the purpose. For what purpose are you writing the recommendation letter? There are different kinds of recommendation letter your student may need and depending on what it’s for. You need to address it in the letter and it has to discuss, in a well-balanced output for both scholarly capabilities and personal character of your student.
- Explain the weaknesses. The recommendation letter is also used to explain the candidate’s weaknesses in a student’s record. You may also mention the candidate’s financial hardship, family illness, and other factors; only if appropriate and discussed with them.
Recommendation Letter for High School Student Checklist
Example of Recommendation Letter for High School Student
Recommendation Letter for High School Student in PDF
There are other things aside from the abovementioned that you need to include into your recommendation letter. Following the suggestions below helps with making a content of a well-documented letter:
- You must identify yourself and your knowledge about the candidate. Identify who you are, your role, and your acquaintance with the candidate and what else you know about them.
- Distinctive individual strengths. When evaluating your student’s intellectual capabilities, try to describe it in terms that reflects their distinctive or individual strengths. Make sure that you have concrete examples to back up your judgment.
- Substance is important. Avoid using superlatives and cliche phrases in your letter. Keep it simple, you only need to provide substantive information about your student’s qualification to make your recommendation letter more effective.
Lastly, you must remember that regularly meeting the candidate can help you in understanding them better. Gathering informative and useful written materials can help you create a more accurate and substantial letter.
14+ Sample Invitation Letters
7+ Invitation Letter Samples
32+ Examples of Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Pages
35+ Sample Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
8+ Sample Thank You Letters for Interview
11+ Thank You Letter Samples
6+ Interview Thank You Letter Samples
23+ Sample Thank You Letters
38+ Thank You Letters
10+ Collection Letter Templates – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages
10+ Sample Collection Letters – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
43+ Collection Letter Examples – Google Docs, MS Word, Apple Pages, PDF
8+ Sample Confirmation Letters – DOC
10+ Sample Welcome Letters
7+ Sample Welcome Letter Templates