A letter of recommendation is a common requirement in job applications. When it comes to positions in the academe, teachers who want to become part of an educational institution must be able to present a recommendation letter given by either a former superior or a colleague. The gist of a recommendation letter is simple: to endorse a professional and their qualification to a prospective employer.
Though its gist is simple, there is a standard format that should be followed in order for the letter to be convincing and effective. If you have been requested to write a recommendation letter for a teacher, taking a look at these Sample Letters may very well help you.
Personal Letter of Recommendation for Teaching Position
Request Letter of Recommendation for Teaching Position
If there is a trick in writing Job Recommendation Letters, it is definitely this: praise. In the academe, leaders of schools and universities often choose a candidate for a teaching position by looking into who recommends them, as well as how they are recommended. Hence, the format and how you structure your recommendation letter can be crucial to the success of the application of the person you are recommending.
Here are some pointers you can take into mind when you are requested to write a letter of recommendation for a teaching professional:
- Highlight your professional relationship with the teacher you are recommending. Along with a brief introduction of yourself, you must be able to state how you know the person you are recommending in the first part of your letter. The teacher could be a former teaching aide, or they could even be a colleague. You should also state how long you have known the person.
- Praise the individual, but do not overdo it. Though the trick to making a recommendation letter effective is praising the person you are recommending, it is important that you do not make it sound exaggerated. Reviewing the person’s credentials may help you with this part of the letter. Knowing their skills and background beforehand will help you laud them sincerely and realistically in the letter.
Letter of Recommendation for Elementary Teaching Position
Sample Letter of Recommendation for University Teaching Position
Letter of Recommendation for a College Teaching Position
Letter of Recommendation for Teaching Assistant Position
- Bring up the teacher’s achievements that you yourself witnessed firsthand. Has the teacher received distinctions for their efforts during their tenure in your academic institution? If so, you must mention this as it will surely bolster the teacher’s chances of getting hired. Explain what the distinction was and what the teacher did that earned them praise.
- Explain why the teacher would be a valuable addition to the academic institution they want to become part of. View this component of the recommendation letter as where you will further underscore the qualifications of the teacher. What exactly makes them an effective teacher? What specific teaching techniques do they employ that will make them a great addition to the faculty of the institution to whom they are applying? Simply answer these questions and elaborate on them.
- End your recommendation letter with a positive statement that will make a lasting impression. Teacher Letters of Recommendation are basically like any other recommendation letter. In a nutshell, they should praise the individual you are recommending and must be followed by “why” you are praising them. Close your letter with a statement that sums up the teacher’s character and competence. It should be a line that will get to the very core of the person who will be reading your recommendation letter.
8+ Termination of Services Letters – DOC
7+ Sample Event Proposal Letters – PDF, Word
9+ Sample Advertising Proposal Letters – PDF, Word
8+ Sample Inform Letters – PDF
9+ Sample Gift Letters – PDF, Word
10+ Bank Authorization Letter – PDF, Word
15+ Sample Order Letters – PDF, Word, Pages
7+ Resignation Letter Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Resignation Letters
7+ Character Reference Letter Samples, Examples, Templates
7+ Sample Character Reference Letters – PDF, DOC
8+ Formal Letter Samples, Examples, Templates
8+ Sample Formal Letters – PDF, DOC
5+ Professional Resignation Letter – PDF, DOC
6+ Sample Sincere Apology Letters