Everyone knows that the military force is strict with everything that they do. Since military groups are funded by the government, leniency should never be observed. This includes promotions within the military camp. Senior officers need to recommend someone who is willing to serve the country at a higher post and someone who deserves to be promoted.
If you want to recommend someone for a higher post in your military camp, there are five Sample Letters you can browse through in this article. We assure you that these are high-quality letters that adhere to the standards laid out by the military. Check out all of our samples below.
Military Letter of Recommendation Example
Military Letter of Recommendation for College
Writing a Military Letter of Recommendation
All recommendation letters make use of a business letter format (see Sample Letters of Reference). The only difference is that military recommendation letters need to adhere to military standard. Three main paragraphs are written for a military recommendation letter. Below is a description of what to write for each sentence.
- First paragraph. This is the paragraph where you will introduce yourself, what your position in the military office is and your relationship with the officer being recommended. You should also include how long you have known the person being recommended and to what extent you know him/her. You also state in this paragraph what position you are recommending the officer for.
- Second paragraph. This is where you need to talk about the qualifications of the candidate that make him/her deserving to be promoted to the position he/she is being recommended for. Explain in detail and quantify, if possible.
- Third paragraph. This will explain the reasons why you are recommending the said individual and why you are confident to recommend him/her for the position. You can also mention that the applicant is eager and enthusiastic about having a higher position in the military.
An official stationary bearing the official military letterhead can be used for more formality and be sure to address it to the correct individual(s). Limit your recommendation letter to, at most, two pages.
Military Letter of Recommendation for Graduate School
Military Academy Letter of Recommendation Sample
Military Officer Letter of Recommendation Sample
Using the Sample Military Letter of Recommendation
- The sample military letter of recommendation in this article can be utilized for various situations when a military officer is being recommended for a higher position.
- All the samples come in PDF file format, which is great for using as a guide to writing a good military recommendation letter. Since the file format is lightweight, you can easily download any of these with ease and you can also edit these without problem with the help of the correct office applications.
- The best things in life are free, which is the reason why we are offering these high-quality and top-notch samples for free.
- With five sample letters to choose, it gives you a wide range of samples to choose from. Each of these come in a variety of styles, outlines, and designs but still being able to adhere to military standards.
- The layouts and formatting of these are very easy and copy to your document editor. This means that you do not need to make one from scratch.
Before you make your letter, ensure that the candidate you are choosing to recommend deserves the promotion. Each and everyone in the military needs to be commended for all the hard work that they are doing for the country. Salute to all the military officers all around the world!
Check out our Best Reference Letter Format Example for the best samples we have just for you!
14+ School Resignation Letter Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
11+ Meeting Thank-You Letter Samples and Templates – PDF, Word
10+ Sample Thank-You Follow-up Letters
6+ Sample Thank-You Follow-Up Letters
40+ Sample Request Letters
54+ Request Letters Formats
43+ Request Letter Samples
19+ Invitation Letters
14+ Sample Invitation Letters
7+ Invitation Letter Samples
32+ Examples of Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Pages
35+ Sample Invitation Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
8+ Sample Thank You Letters for Interview
11+ Thank You Letter Samples
6+ Interview Thank You Letter Samples