Nowadays, finding a reliable and good tenant is a challenging task. With the surge of criminal cases that are happening each day, it’s hard to trust people. With this reason, finding a trustworthy tenant requires careful consideration. As a landlord, getting to know a probable tenant should be a priority. To know deeper your probable tenant, a reference letter should be a requirement before accepting this person. Sample letters are good guides in identifying an authentic reference letter from a fake one. Be vigilant in choosing a tenant for your house rental. Better to be safe than sorry.
Sample Housing Reference Letter
Housing Rental Reference
Housing Reference Letter in Doc
What Is a Housing Reference Letter?
A housing reference letter is a formal letter containing one’s endorsement to a previous tenant. The letter can also be referred as landlord reference letters. Usually, the previous landlord creates a reference letter for his/her former tenant who wants to rent another house. The reference letter describes the former tenant’s behavior and ways of living while he/she was renting the previous landlord’s house. Similar to a personal reference letter, the previous landlord is making a personal letter to address an important message to another person.
Importance of Housing Reference Letter
A housing reference letter is important because it is one way for a landlord to determine if a probable tenant is trustworthy and good natured. Running a business is not easy, which is why getting the right tenant/s for a rental business should be carefully considered. Any landlord should always ask for a housing reference letter from their probable tenants to know deeply their background. As a landlord, you don’t want to encounter a tenant that pays the rental late and doesn’t respect the rules and regulations you imposed. Be vigilant in who you deal with, especially in business matters.
Housing Application Reference Format
Housing Reference Letter Sample
Housing Reference Letter in PDF
Tips for Writing a Housing Reference Letter
Writing a reference letter is a crucial responsibility. You need to thoroughly describe the person’s good qualities and characteristics. It is similar to making character reference letters. Importantly, you have to make sure that a positive and lasting impression will be embedded on your former tenant. To create a well-written housing reference letter, follow these tips.
- Proper template. Select a suitable template for your housing reference letter. Your template must exude a formal and organized appearance.
- Positive greetings. Open your letter with a pleasant greeting to the receiver.
- Characteristics and behavior of the previous tenant. This is the main content of your letter. Make sure to be detailed when describing your former tenant’s behavior, while he/she was living in your rental house. State the good characteristics he/she has that made him/her a trustworthy and reliable tenant. Completely inform the future landlord of what your previous tenant was like.
- Be sincere and honest. If you know your previous tenant was unreliable, don’t accept to write a reference letter. It will defeat the purpose of the letter, that is, to help the future landlord and give a good endorsement to your former tenant.
- Review. Always review your letter to avoid committing mistakes.
FREE 3+ Distribution Agreement Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 2+ Multi Society Immigration Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ School Excuse Letter Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Donation Acknowledgement Letter Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Job Application Letter Samples for Accountant in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 8+ Job Application Letter Samples for Employment in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Debt Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 15+ Landlord Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Camp Counselor Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Sample Faculty Position Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Internship Letter of Interest Samples [ Medical, Counselling, Summer ]
FREE 10+ Credit Dispute Letter Samples [ Card, Inquiry, Bureau ]
FREE 3+ Sample Proposal Letters for Funding in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 5+ Sample Bid Proposal Letters [ Construction, Rejection, Acceptance ]
FREE 6+ Sample Construction Proposal Letters [ Project, Church, Building ]