Do you feel a rush of excitement in learning new things? Do you find the act of sharing your knowledge and skills to other people a purpose statement-filled endeavor? If so, then perhaps a career in education is for you. There is a myriad of career opportunities within the academic field and it is up to you to decide which path fits your character the most.
Whether you have decided to become a professor, a teaching assistant, or a university administrator, you need to be well-prepared during the application process. It is at this point that you need to submit an impressive academic cover letter in order to captivate the attention of the school recruiter. If you don’t know how to start writing your cover letter, refer to our Sample Cover Letters on this page. These samples are easily downloadable. Scroll down below and start downloading!
Education Officer Cover Letter Template
Free Education Manager Cover Letter Template
Education Teacher Cover Letter Template
Education Administrator Cover Letter Template
Education Advisor Cover Letter Template
Sample Education Assistant Cover Letter Template
Education Coordinator Cover Letter Template
Education Officer Cover Letter Template
A Career in Education
The academic field is a very specific field that requires from its staff a huge amount of self-discipline, strong ethical compass, and excelled academic capabilities.
There are several career options that you may choose from in this field. Depending on your inclinations, natural talents, educational background, hobbies, etc., you may choose to become any of the following:
- teaching assistant
- art teacher
- PE teacher
- substitute teacher
- humanities professor
- school guidance counselor
- university librarian
- special education teacher
- vice principal
- preschool teacher
- music teacher
- college instructor
- history teacher
- dean of student affairs
- college physician
- other administrative positions
Cover Letters: Get Hired in Your Chosen Educational Career
Whatever field of study or administrative position you have chosen for yourself, you need to be meticulous in all the stages of the job application process. First of all, craft a complete and well-arranged resume. Afterward, write a cover letter that briefly describes your career goal and your salient attributes. While doing so, avoid enumerating all your skills and qualifications; remember that the purpose of your cover letter is to give your recruiter an overview of your resume; it should perfectly capture the recruiter’s attention and prod them to peruse the rest of your resume with keen thoroughness.
If you are having trouble writing your cover letter, scour the Internet for some guidance, and if you may, you can refer to the samples we have made available for you on this page. For more reference, click on these links: Academic Cover Letters, Education Cover Letter Examples.
Learning Support Assistant Cover Letter Template
Sample Education Cover Letter in PDF
Education Administration Cover Letter Template
Education Consultant Cover Letter Template
Steps in Writing a Cover Letter
1. Start with a formal heading.
2. Greet the hiring manager personally – It is important to research beforehand the name of the hiring manager/recruiter of the company you are applying for. When you address your recruiter using their real names, this will impress them, for this signifies how much effort you have done to get the job.
3. State your intent to apply.
4. State the skills and other qualifications that matches the qualifications stated in the job analysis posting of the educational position applied for.
5. Narrate briefly the specific circumstances in the past when you have applied and exhibited these said qualities.
6. Narrate briefly and in an engaging manner the specific circumstances when you have added value to the previous company or organization you were working for or involved in (if applicable).
7. Give your contact details.
8. End with a thank-you by expressing your gratitude for the time and effort they have spent on reading your letter sample.
9. Formally end (Respectfully yours, Best regards, Sincerely)
For more examples, refer to our wider collection of Examples of Cover Letter by clicking on the link provided.
FREE 27+ Sample Sponsor Thank You Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Requisition Letter Templates in MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Business Name Change Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 14+ Sample Immigration Reference Letter Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Commitment Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 17+ Letterhead Samples in MS Word
FREE 10+ Sample Partnership Proposal Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Financial Aid Appeal Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 5+ Vehicle Purchase Agreement Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Employment Offer Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Letter of Support Templates in MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 14+ Quotation Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 14+ Apology Letters to Teacher in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 13+ Sample Letter of Intent for Promotion Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 11+ Court Character Reference Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages