Are you a forceful advocate for social justice? Does it ignite ire and contempt whenever you witness any form of injustice? If the answer is yes, then a career in social work is definitely for you!
Social work is an academic and practice-based professional discipline that seeks to alleviate the welfare of individuals, families, communities, and marginal groups. The very tenets that serve as the firm foundation for any type of social work are human rights and social justice.
When you apply for a social work position, you need to include a genuinely magnetizing cover letter together with your resume. For your guidance, you may download our Sample Cover Letters on this page!
Medical Social Worker Cover Letter
Social Service Worker Cover Letter
School Social Worker Cover Letter
Social Work Assistant Cover Letter
Entry Level Social Worker Cover Letter
Social Work: Is It for You?
Social work is one of the most honorable jobs that exist in the realm of multitudinous career paths. That’s why, before you trudge the hallways of a social work organization or community-serving agencies, you need to asses yourself first whether social work is the most suitable job for you.
There are several aspects of yourself that you can examine in order to determine whether you are fit for a social work job, and the most notable ones are the following:
- Whether or not you have the relevant educational background for the type of social work you are aiming for. For example, if you aim to get involved in substance abuse social work, then a degree in clinical psychology and counseling will be more fitting.
- Whether or not you have the initiative and the intellectual capacity to constantly research social policies, current trends, demographics, and other relevant information that can help you analyze and create more effective ways of improving the welfare of others.
- Whether you find the act of helping alleviate other people’s circumstances personally meaningful.
After you have confirmed all the abovementioned requirements, then it is time for you to asses what type of social work you want to dedicate your time, emotional, and physical effort in.
Types of Social Work
- Mental health services
- Substance abuse or drug rehabilitation
- Family service agencies
- Child protective services
- Welfare administration agencies
- Adoption and foster care services
- Homeless services
- Crisis and disaster intervention
- Housing services
- Domestic violence services
Social Work Is for Me!
Now that you have decided on the type of social work, you are now ready to make your job application preparations, which naturally consist of the following:
- prepare a resume,
- write a concise yet captivating cover letter,
- prepare other credentials, and
- prepare for interview.
For your cover letter-writing needs, you can download our samples from this page or check out the ones found in this link: Social Worker Cover Letters.
Hospital Social Worker Cover Letter
Family Social Worker Sample Cover letter
Social Work Job Cover Letter Example
Social Work Assistant Cover Letter Example
Social Work Internship Cover Letter
Things to Remember in Crafting Your Social Work Cover Letter
- Avoid using too many I’s.
- Address the hiring manager/recruiter personally.
- Don’t make a cookie-cutter cover letter that has overly broad contents; instead, tailor-fit your letter to suit the needs of the organization you are applying to.
- Avoid exaggerating your qualifications. Social work needs honest and genuine individuals and by extension, wordiness may be translated as inauthenticity or dishonesty.
- Limit your letter to one page.
- Use attention-grabbing key words; use active voice and verbs that automatically paints a picture of your desirable traits inside the head of the reader.
- Lastly, don’t forget to proofread!
Now that you have learned the ropes, go ahead and get that social work job that you so deserve! If you wish, you can also check out our Entry Level Cover Letters.
FREE 3+ Distribution Agreement Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 2+ Multi Society Immigration Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ School Excuse Letter Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Donation Acknowledgement Letter Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Job Application Letter Samples for Accountant in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 8+ Job Application Letter Samples for Employment in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Debt Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 15+ Landlord Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Camp Counselor Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Sample Faculty Position Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Internship Letter of Interest Samples [ Medical, Counselling, Summer ]
FREE 10+ Credit Dispute Letter Samples [ Card, Inquiry, Bureau ]
FREE 3+ Sample Proposal Letters for Funding in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 5+ Sample Bid Proposal Letters [ Construction, Rejection, Acceptance ]
FREE 6+ Sample Construction Proposal Letters [ Project, Church, Building ]