A receptionist is the first person that a company guest will see when they enter the building or the office. They are the ones responsible for secretarial and administrative support for the company. It is important for receptionists to give out a strong and positive impression since they are the first face seen by guests. They also ensure that all objectives pertaining to the front desk are met.
In this article, we have eight Sample Cover Letters you can use when you are applying for a receptionist position. Check out all of our examples below and pick one that you think would match your cover letter needs.
Sample Cover Letter Receptionist No Experience
Sample Cover Letter Receptionist in Doc
Cover Letter Front Desk Receptionist Example
Cover Letter Receptionist Hotel Example
Cover Letter for Receptionist Example
Receptionist Skills and Qualifications
Some of the skills and qualifications that you can highlight in your receptionist cover letter are the following:
- can greet guests courteously and professionally;
- can manage multiple phone lines and handle incoming calls;
- can direct the call to the correct person;
- can provide excellent customer service to clients, guests, and coworkers;
- able to provide accurate information to both guests and callers;
- can work under pressure;
- has the ability to multitask;
- familiar with using various office applications to use for work;
- has a proven record of being able to perform administrative, clerical, and secretarial duties;
- able to schedule important appointments, managing calendars, and maintaining conference rooms;
- can perform clerical duties such as photocopying, scanning, and organizing of office files;
- thoroughly monitor visitors by recording their names in a guest book and issuing visitor passes;
- able to keep working area clean and organized;
- able to keep office inventory in check by ordering and taking note of what needs to be supplied;
- can coordinate what office equipment is need of repair and maintenance; and
- can determine which tasks need to be prioritized.
You can take a look at our Receptionist Resume Sample that you can send alongside your cover letter.
Cover Letter for Dental Receptionist Sample
School Receptionist Cover Letter Sample
Example Cover Letter for Receptionist Job
Office Receptionist Cover Letter Example
Format of a Receptionist Cover Letter
- Header. You simply begin with your own contact information, the company contact information, and the date.
- Salutation. Make sure to address the recipient of your letter properly. Do a quick research about who might be reading your letter.
- Introduction and Body. This is the part where you state the position you are applying for and where you incorporate the qualifications of a good receptionist. This is also the part where you thoroughly explain yourself and what is included in your resume.
- Closing Paragraph. Mention that you are looking forward to meeting the HR for an interview and the that you are excited about getting to know more about the position you applied for and the company.
- Closing Salutation. Courtesy should be practiced. End your letter in a respectful manner.
- Signature. Affix your signature above your typewritten name if sending via mail or handing it personally, or just a typed signature if you are sending the cover letter via e-mail.
Making Use of Receptionist Cover Letters
You will find that all of the samples in this article are unique and are high in terms of quality. If you want to land a receptionist job, you can definitely make use of these templates. They are highly available for download directly from this article without the hassle of being redirected to another website. They are also easy to edit since they are in PDF and Word Document file formats.
You can also check out our Medical Receptionist Resume if you are applying for a medical receptionist job.
FREE 3+ Common Ways Job Applicants Mess Up Their Cover Letters in PDF
FREE 7+ Tenant Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Thank-You Letter to Employees in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook
FREE 12+ Teacher Cover Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Job Application Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Non-Engagement Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 3+ Sample Hogwarts Acceptance Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 38+ Thank You Letter Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 12+ Company Resignation Letters Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 12+ Letter of Support Templates in MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 9+ Termination Letters in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Sample Offer Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Behavior Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Doctor Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 8+ Job Applicant Rejection Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF