What is a narrative statement? A narrative is form of writing that is used to tell a story or a personal encounter. A narrative statement tells a story about something specific to make a point and convey information. A narrative statement template is created from true stories or real-life experiences of the writer or author, or the experiences and encounters of another person or individual.
Narrative statements are generally used by anybody regardless of their age, gender, education, and achievements. The focus of this article is all about narrative statements. We have included narrative statement samples and templates together with some of the basic information that you should know about, like its uses, its advantages, and how you can create one on your own.
Building Alteration Narrative Statement Template
Narrative Statement to Support Promotion
Project Narrative Template
Sample Capability Statement Narrative
Structure of a Personal Narrative Essay
Pre-Trial Narrative Statement Template
Narrative Section of a Successful Application
Uses of Narrative Statements
If narrative statements are so important, then what other things is it used for? There are a whole lot of things that narrative writing statements are used for. You would be surprised on how you have been making and creating narrative statements since you were little. The following are the uses of a narrative statement.
1. In school
We learn a lot of things in school, including writing narrative statement sample. All of us, or may all of use have tried writing something about ourselves back in grade school. In my case, I have written them from grade one until I graduated from grade school.
Every time a new school year starts, our teacher would always require us to write something about ourselves. As if it was not enough, the same thing was required when in high school and college. Educators able to asses their students and their experiences through narrative statements. School papers, thesis, narrative essays, and many more are some of the few examples of the narrative statements that students are required to write.
2. Job applications
Application letters, cover letters, and introduction letters are all made up of narrative statements. These statements tell something about the applicant, who they are, their qualifications, what type of employee they are, and so on. The applicant writes a narrative about themselves in these letters or that the hiring party or employer will know who they are, which is important because it is used as one of the criteria for selecting the best applicant.
Business, proposals, marketing presentations, business letters, contracts, and agreements are just some of the many documents that make use of narrative statement. You have to make a point or tell facts from reliable sources and personal experiences when writing these types of documents. The best way to do that is with the use of narrative statements.
4. In court and other legal proceedings
Court proceedings and legal proceedings are all about narratives. Witnesses who testify in court produce legal statements about their personal encounter about the case being presented.
5. Biographies or personal encounters
A sample biography is a story that provides the details of the life of a particular person form their birth, childhood, adulthood, and their death. They are often very lengthy and others are even made into thick books. You can write a biography about yourself and your personal encounters or another person may write a biography about you. They are all made up of narrative statements to tell the truth or facts about someone famous or successful.
Narrative statements are also used to tell a story, both fiction and nonfiction. Nonfiction stories are based on real life encounters or experiences and a very good examples is a biography. Fiction stories are not true and are based on the writers imaginations. Regardless if a story is fiction or not, they are still made up of narrative statements. you may also see Rental Billing Statement Templates.
Narrative statements are written in chronological order no matter what form or document they will be written on, so that the readers will be able to easily understand the statement made. You may also find other statement-related articles on our website, like Notary Statement Samples & Templates, Employer Statement Samples & Templates, and Rental Billing Statement Templates, to name a few.
Why Are Written Statements Preferred Over Verbal Statements?
There are currently two main types of statements that we are using to this day and they are verbal statements and written statements. As their names imply, verbal statements are those statements that are given verbally or by word of mouth, while written statements are those sample statements that are written on paper or typed into a document or file. Both verbal statements and written statements can be used in any transaction, whether it be personal transactions or legal transaction, but the preferred type is the written one. you may also see Declaration Statement Samples.
Why is that so? This is because written statements provide a document that serves as a proof that a particular statement was given and that it has been made known or approved by the people who are involved in a particular transaction. A written statement makes it a bit easier for people to trust another by binding them to certain things that are enforceable in the court of law.
This means that if the other party does not do their part as stated in an agreement or contract, then they will have to pay the corresponding price or face the appropriate punishment for it. Verbal statements also do the same, but with the absence of sufficient documentation and evidence, it can just be a mere promise made by another. This is the reason why written statements are preferred over verbal statements. you may also see Yearly Income Statement Samples.
Learn more about statements by browsing through a variety of different statement-related articles available on our website. Some of the titles you may find interesting are Travel Expense Statement, Declaration Statement, and Yearly Income Statement Samples.
Narrative Templates for Wetland Water Quality Standards
Sample Audit Program Narrative
Narrative Statement of Purpose
Promotion and Tenure Narrative Statement Sample
Sample Budget Narrative Statement
Sample Grant Application and Narrative
School Improvement Narrative Statement Sample
How to Edit a Statement Template
With the availability of different statement templates online in different file formats, it has become very easy for anyone to create and produce their own statements. Check out the steps that we have prepared below.
- What type of statement template do you need? Is it a financial statement, an employer statement or warranty statement? You should know what you need first so that the next steps will be very easy for you to do.
- After determining what type of statement you need, look for that type of template online. Make sure that it is in an editable file format and one that is supported by the applications you have on your computer or laptop.
- Download a blank statement template or a statement template that is appropriate for your needs.
- Look for the document on your computer and then launch the application to open it.
- Read first the contents of the template that you have downloaded and see if there are parts that need changing or parts that you want to remove. Make the changes as you read through the document. To edit, highlight the part that you want to change and then press the backspace button on your keyboard to clear it out. Then type in what you want to replace it with. Leave that part blank if you do not wish to add anything after deleting. you may also see projected income statement.
- Do the same thing on other parts of the document that you want to change or delete.
- When you are done making all the changes, the next thing that you will need to do is review your work. You will need to check for any spelling and grammar errors. Also make sure that all of your sentences still makes sense and that they are still relevant to what you are trying to do or convey. you may also see method statement templates.
- When you are satisfied with your work, save the changes that you have made and have it printed.
We are so lucky to be able to live in a time when statement samples and templates for a variety of things are made available. It definitely makes the the process convenient. If you need different types of statement templates, then you might want to visit our website. We have there templates for purpose statements, business statements, and expense statements.
What Are the Advantages of Using Statement Templates?
- Statement template provide an easy and convenient way for anyone to create a specific statement that they need.
- There are a lot of free statement templates online that you can download and use as your own. You can also use them as a reference if you decide to make your own statement template or for study material purpose statements.
- You can find editable templates in popular file formats, like Word, PDF, and Excel. These file formats make it easy for anyone to make changes or edit the template based on their liking.
- A statement template includes a complete set of details for your needs allowing you to provide an accurate and reliable statement.
The existence of statement templates and other types of templates is truly a wonderful thing. Check out more statement templates on our website, like safety statement templates, projected income statement templates, and method statement templates.
9+ Sample Expense Statement Templates
9+ Mortgage Statement Samples and Templates
8+ Cash Flow Statement Samples
8+ Sample Residency Personal Statements
7+ Sample Closing Statements
7+ Sample Cash Flow Statements
4+ Free Sample Statements
46+ Statement Form Examples
27+ Statement Formats & Samples
9+ Vision Statement Samples
8+ Sample Profit Loss Statements
7+ Sample Income Statements
3+ Financial Statements
Types of Financial Statement
The Importance of Having a Mission Statement