Marketing reports are tedious but crucial tasks to do and present to monitor the business’s current operations. In the age of digital media that is widely consumed globally, digital marketing reports are a must to be presented to stakeholders of the business. A digital marketing report is important to see the progress of the business’s current marketing efforts in the digital world. It showcases your successes and raises awareness of any current problems or threats that may arise and have the opportunity to give solutions to work on them. This article will show you how to write a digital marketing report.
10+ Digital Marketing Report Samples
1. Digital Marketing Report
2. Annual Digital Marketing Report
3. Digital Marketing Strategy Monthly Report
4. Digital Marketing Campaign Report
5. Digital Marketing Benchmark Report
6. Digital Marketing Grant Evaluation Report
7. Digital Marketing Executive Report
8. Digital Marketing Manager Report
9. Digital Marketing Associate Report
10. Digital Marketing Director Report
11. Digital Marketing Coordinator Report
What is a Digital Marketing Report
Digital marketing, or also called online marketing, is the promotion of different brands to connect with customers using different forms of digital communication such as social media, emails, web-based advertising, and text messaging. A digital marketing report is a process of measuring the progress and identifying steps to improve marketing performance using digital media.
Details to Include in a Digital Marketing Report
1. Summary Page
This is the first section of your digital marketing report. It should include the project overview, the marketing strategies that you’ve been currently doing, and the metrics that you used to measure the success rate of the project. Make sure this part is concise and brief, with visual aids to accompany the summary to make sure all the stakeholders of the project understand the current progress of your marketing efforts.
2. Goals and Objectives
You need to include your goals and objectives section in your report since those will be your basis to keep your brand and business growth. Check on your current goals and objectives to know if you’re right on track. You can also include additional goals and your objectives to reach them to further improve your marketing campaigns and advance your progress.
3. Current Marketing Strategy
Put a detailed plan of your current marketing strategy in this section. It must include the following information:
- Your target audience
- The primary channels you use for marketing
- The opportunities you are currently aiming for
- The current scope of your project campaign
4. Your Current Progress
Provide a short overview of what marketing strategies you have accomplished during the month. List down all the tasks that you’ve completed and list down the names of your team members who worked on them just to recognize their hard work. You can also include other important details that may affect your progress such as changes in the market or important new information about your competition. This section is important for your clients to understand all the things you’ve been doing.
5. Digital Overviews and Metrics that Show Your Progress
The overviews and metrics will help you explain your progress better and help clients understand where the project currently stands in the market. The results of the metrics are a great tool for you to improve your marketing strategy for the upcoming months. The following metrics you need to include in your report are:
- SEO Overview: This sub-section should include any information about the SEO services you provide such as keyword research, link building, or site optimization. Explain the project’s rankings in search engines and your ways to increase its ranking. You must also include information such as new backlinks or site audits to show the progress of the project’s website.
- Traffic Metrics: Show the progress of monthly traffic of the project website such as its top landing pages, percentage of new users, referrals, bounce rates, and performance rate of email campaigns.
- Conversion Metrics: Highlight this subsection since these feature the important data that your clients will most likely care about.
- PPC Campaigns: This sub-section, also called pay-per-click marketing, must include the following metrics used in paid channels such as ad spend, click-through rate, return on ad spend, and cost per conversion. Compare all of these metrics to all marketing channels you use.
- Social Overview: Include the performance overview of all the social media channels you’re using. Focus more on the engagement metrics and web traffic to highlight that the sites can generate new leads.
6. Financial Projections
In this section, you must discuss any future expenses related to promotion and advertising activities that you will be expecting to spend in the coming months along with your estimation of your return of investment.
What are the different types of digital marketing?
The different types of digital marketing are
- Content marketing
- Search engine marketing
- Display advertising
- Mobile marketing
- Social Media marketing
- Email marketing
- Influencer marketing
What are the different types of digital media?
The different types of digital media are audio, video, photos, texts, blogs, online articles, eBooks, and social media content.
What skills are needed to do digital media-related work?
If you’re interested to work in an industry that promotes digital marketing or any digital media-related work, you need to have technical, artistic, analytic, and production coordination skills.
Once you’re done writing the report, make sure to review it first to check if there are any spelling and grammatical errors and inaccurate information, especially reporting on metrics that involve numbers and calculations. Double-check your data to make sure they are correct. Let all your stakeholders, especially your clients, discuss the report. To help you get started making the marketing report, download our free sample templates above to use as your guide!
FREE 9+ Marketing Strategy Templates
FREE 9+ Marketing Strategy Presentations Samples
FREE 9+ Sample Marketing Campaign
FREE 7+ Social Media Marketing Contract Samples
How to Respond to Inaccurate Press?
FREE 6+ SEO Marketing Strategy Samples
FREE 6+ Marketing Campaign Samples
FREE 6+ Digital Marketing Strategy Samples
FREE 5+ Editable Social Media Strategy Samples
FREE 16+ Sample Marketing Reports
FREE 15+ Restaurant Report Samples
FREE 12+ Email Marketing Samples
FREE 10+ Business Meeting Minutes Samples
FREE 10+ Digital Marketing Proposal Samples