Our activities in school vary according to the subject and the skills we are meant to learn. For instance, in mathematics, we do problem-solving with formulas to learn equation; in science, on the other hand, we do experiments and write a lot for language and literature review.
One of the many activities we do in school is writing book reports. A book report is a writing activity where we can convey how well we have grasped the concepts of a book and our opinions about it. If you are assigned by your teacher to write this sort of report, you can browse through our Sample Reports for you to be guided.
Sample Book Report Template
Biography Book Report Outline Template
Sample Annual Report Book Cover Template
Annual Report Bookcover Template
Book Report Template
Sample College Book Report Template
Printable Log Book Report Template
Book Review Outline Format
Oral Book Report Example
Basic Book Report Form Template
Some of the Parts of a Book Report
- The Overview. This is the introductory part of your report sample. This is a paragraph that contains the name of the author and other important details about him/herself, the publication details, and some comments and criticisms of the book.
- The Summary. This contains the plot of the book. Important characters and setting shall also be discussed in this part.
- Analysis. This is where you must discuss the themes, symbolisms, and even the author’s literary devices. You can discuss metaphors and character evaluation.
- Personal Comments. This is where your personal reflection is written.
- Conclusion. A summary of your points is featured in this paragraph.
How to Write a Book Report
- Read the book from cover to cover. In order to understand and get the gist of the book that you are working on, you have to read the entire text, in case you miss some very parts of the book that might have been fundamental to your sample analysis essay.
- Search for scholarly criticisms. It’s also best to read what others said about the book that you are reading. This is great for getting other people’s perspectives. Just make sure that your sources are scholarly and thus, valid for academic discussion.
- Write an outline. Before writing, create an outline. This will guide you on the things that you have to write about.
- Editing and proofreading matters. What comes after the writing outline is the draft. Make sure that you reread everything that you write and make the necessary corrections. Plus, do not forget to cite your sources.
Cereal Box Book Report Template
Book Report Essay Template
Book Report for Elementary Schools Template
Book Report Example in PDF
Book Report Essay Template
Free Book Review Report Worksheet Template
The Writing Process
Knowing what goes into the book report is one thing, writing the actual report is another story. One of the ways for your activity to be a bit easier is to take writing step by step.
- The Pre-writing Stage – this is the part where you are going to plan what you are going to write about.
- The Drafting Stage – this is where you can write, being mindful with your grammar is not a part on this stage yet.
- The Revising Stage – you have to improve your draft in this stage. Check your structure, coherence, and grammar.
- The Editing Stage – you have to check for the most minimal of errors.
- The Publishing Stage – in your case, the submission.
We have a lot more samples in our website that can cater to your needs, one of which is the Summary Reports.
FREE 11+ Sample Project Completion Reports in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | Numbers | Excel | PDF
FREE 12+ Accomplishment Report Samples in PDF
FREE 20+ Sample Medical Reports in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Physics Lab Report Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 13+ Construction Inspection Report Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 20+ Annual Report Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | AI
FREE 9+ Land Survey Report Samples [ Project, Market, Online ]
FREE 12+ Writing Assessment Report Samples [ Risk, Psychological, Security ]
FREE 37+ Sample HR Report Templates in MS Word | PDF |Apple Pages | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Child Observation Report Samples [ School, Behavior, Physical ]
FREE 10+ Quality Assurance Report Samples [ Audit, Monthly, Investigation ]
FREE 7+ Student Business Report Samples [ Enterprise, Management, Industrial ]
FREE 12+ Consultant Report Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 12+ Sample Construction Progress Reports in PDF
FREE 17+ Sample Internal Audit Reports in MS Word | PDF | Pages