A technical report is a document where the findings and the results of a specific research is written. The research is conducted by a researcher to gather results and then later present the results to their sponsors. It may also be conducted by investigators who are investigating on a certain technical activity or investigation.
Technical reports are very useful tools since they are mainly used in research. In this article we have included Sample Reports that you can download and use for your technical report needs. Make your technical report writing easy. Choose from any of our available samples and download now!
Technical Service Report Sample
Technical Analysis Report
Technical Audit Report Example
Standard Technical Report Format
Simple Technical Report in PDF
What Is Included in a Technical Report?
- The title page is where the title of the technical report is written. It gives the reader an idea on what the research report is all about. Proper formatting should be followed.
- The summary is where a brief overview of the report is written.
- The table of contents is where the subtopics and parts of the technical report is listed with their corresponding page numbers.
- The introduction tells about how the report should be treated and provides initial information about the report itself.
- The main body of a technical report is where the steps, procedures, and other important data of the report is written. They are placed in different paragraphs and are grouped according to the subtopic.
- The conclusion is like a summary, but instead of providing an overview of the research topic, it provides the results or outcome of the research that has been conducted.
- References are the sources of information for the research. It may be a published book, a website, journal or other published research reports.
- Bibliography is used similar to the references, but they are not quoted in the contents.
- The acknowledgments part is where you mention the name of the people who helped you with the research.
- The appendices is where other additional information about the research is placed, like graphs, charts, and drawings. You can also check Progress Reports and Newspaper Reports.
Technical Incident Report Sample
Printable Formal Technical Report
Technical Evaluation Report
Free Technical Report Template
Types of Technical Reports
- Report-length proposal
- Technical-background report
- Technical specifications
- Feasibility, recommendation, and evaluation reports
- Primary research report
- Business prospectus
The Purpose of Technical Reports
- The main purpose of technical reports is to inform the people or company about the specific research and persuade them to utilize it or fund the the research further. This depends on the what the research aims to persuade them with.
- A technical report allows the recipients of a research that the research is doing some progress.
- It also gives the receipts an assurance that the research is going as planned and it will reach the said deadline or will be completed on the said deadline.
- It gives an idea about the findings and what is going on with the research.
- Since technical reports have deadlines, the writers are motivated to finish the report on time. It also makes them produce results that are efficient. Evaluation Reports are also available for download.
13 + Sample Service Reports
17+ Sample Construction Reports
12+ Compliance Audit Report Samples and Templates – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
10+ Sample Accident Incident Reports- Docs, PDF, Pages
8+ Sample Competitor Analysis Reports
9+ Sample Valuation Reports
9+ Sample Trip Reports – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
10+ Sample Performance Analysis Reports
10+ Sample Valuation Reports
15+ Sample School Reports – PDF, Docs, Word, Pages
9+ Sample Safety Reports
12+ HR Audit Report Templates – PDF, Google Doc, Word, Apple Pages
11+ Forensic Audit Report Samples & Templates – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
14+ Sample Evaluation Reports
10+ Sample Employee Reports