In the business world, being able to write a good business report is considered to be a skill necessary for effective communication. A ton of times, these reports follow business writing style to ensure that it ends up being formal and polished. You want to make sure that every paragraph is well-structured in order to properly convey the message that you want your readers to know.
Business Report Template
Business Report Sample Template
Short Business Report Sample Template
Writing business reports may be quite a handful but with the right guide, you will surely end up with a good one. Check out the samples business report templates that we have as well as the guideline that we have here regarding writing an effective business report.
Simple Business Trip Report Template
Business Management Report Template
Weekly Business Report Template
Quarterly Business Report Template
Business Data Analysis Report Template
Financial Report Sample for Small Business Template
Annual Business Report Template
Business Trip Report Template
New Business Project Report Template
Annual Business Report Template
Short Business Report Template
Business Annual Report Template
Business Management Report Template
Business Project Report Template
Free Business Report Cover Page Template
Types of Report to Write
Before anything else, you have to make sure that you know what type of report you will be writing. To help you out, we have a guide that can assist you.
1. If you are simply planning on writing a report that would best represent an idea that you have, you are writing a justification report. This report has a summary that highlights what you are requesting, and the body that tackles the cost, benefits, and risks that are connected or related to your request.
2. An investigative report is a business report that would help you present a specific course of action. This report has three parts: the introduction, body, and conclusion. This way, it will be easier for you to highlight the problem, discuss relevant topics to the subject, and summarize the discussion.
3. When you want to report compliance information or accountability, you will be writing a compliance report. These reports are usually written for the city, state, or federal government. This serves as proof that an organization is following the law when it comes to expenditures. An overview of the major fragments of the report is typically discussed in the introduction. Facts and other useful information are discussed in the body of the report. You may also see service reports
4. A feasibility report is often used when you want to present a proposed project. This report would discuss your idea and the benefits, costs, and problems that might be encountered along the way. These reports are conducted to determine if an organization has enough budget to push through with a project, the profitability of the project, and the time frame when the project would be completed.
5. When you want to present an issue or problem of a research, you can write a research study report. You can check out Sample Research Reports for more samples that you can use when writing this kind of report. In this report, you will be discussing comprehensively the issue at hand. This report would contain the following elements:
- conclusion, and
- Yardstick reports are reports that take a look at the solutions given for a certain situation based on results of a study. This report would mainly involve the report’s purpose, the solutions, and what is/are the best solution/s to follow.
Coming Up with a Business Report
In the business world, communication is key to ensure that operations continue running in a smooth manner. As mentioned earlier, one good means of communication within the business world is through sample business valuation reports. These documents are used by businesses and individuals alike to come up with decisions that are considered to be important. If you are planning on writing a business report, we have a few writing tips that we would be willing to share with you. Just keep reading and you will find out what these tips are.
- Objective and Format. Know what you are trying to accomplish with your report. Make sure that your objective is concise and clear in order to avoid confusing your reader. Business writing should be applied to any type of report you choose to write. You may also see trip report templates
- Know who you are writing to. By knowing your audience, you would be able to properly match your tone with their preference. You also need to take into consideration how much the audience already knows about what you are discussing in the report. You may also like professional report templates
- Be prepared. Whatever your report may be, you have to make sure that you know how you will come up with a conclusion and have the necessary skills that would ensure that you get all the requirements you need. You may also see case report templates
- Collect data. A well-researched background for your report is necessary in order to make sure that your report is more solid. How you would gather your data depends on what type of report you are coming up with; however, you have to make sure that the bounds you are choosing for your report are concise as well as relevant. You may also like summary reports
- Organizing. Just like how you would collect your data, when it comes to organizing your report, it would all depend on the type of report that you are writing. Once you already know how you will organize your business report, it is now time for you to start writing your content.
- Subtopics. By breaking up major sections into smaller ones, this will help to make your report a bit easier to read. Plus, you will be able to properly discuss major sections more appropriately because of subtopics.
- Pair your conclusions with recommendations. Your conclusion should be based on the results and data that you have collected. You should also discuss the best actions to follow based on what you have concluded. You may also like sample daily reports
- Come up with an executive summary. This will be the last thing you write when writing a report but is the first part of your business report. This will be a representation of what you have found out, as well as the conclusions that you have. This will serve as an overview for your reader in order to let him know what he/she should expect from your business report. This will more or less be composed of 300 words. Check out Executive Summary Samples to gain a better understanding of how you can come up with a good executive summary.
- Graphical information can be utilized. If you deem that some information or data can be best represented by graphs or illustrations, you should definitely do so. Your graphs and illustrations would also be great breaks from the big blocks of texts present in your report. You may also see test report templates
- Do not forget to cite your sources. If you based some information from books, journals, or scholarly articles, make sure that you properly cite your sources. You can include this in the bibliography page of your business report. You can check out How to Write a Paper in APA Format if you wish to write your business report in APA format.
- Have a table of contents. Having a table of contents will give convenience not just for your readers but you as well. Check out Free Table of Contents Templates.
Short Business Report Sample in PDF
Business Progress Report
Business Plan Report Example
Free International Business Report
Formal Business Report Format
How to Make Your Business Reports Excellent
A business report is purpose-driven, which is why it is important that you make your business reports clearly written and that words used for these documents are carefully chosen. This is important to keep in mind as you are trying to propose new ideas or want to express results.
You have to be able to properly think about the components of a business report that would make it look sharply written, convincing, and most importantly, follows a business writing format. If you want your business reports to end up looking sharp and formal, check out these tips that we have for you.
1. Know Your Purpose
Before you start writing your business report, you have to know what your main purpose is. This way, you will be able to focus on what it is that you are trying to relay and minimize any rewriting once you are done with your business report. You may also like useful writing templates
For starters, you can answer the 5 Ws and the H questions—who, what, when, where, why, and how. You also have to let the reader/s know why your business report is of importance, how you intend to address any issue mentioned, and how should your readers respond to your document. You may also see free writing samples
Once you know all these elements, you are now ready to start writing that business report.
2. Be Aware of the Language You Use
Being straightforward and making use of simple yet engaging language would be suitable for your business report. Avoid making use of fancy words or shortened words or jargon. Make use of active sentences to ensure that your readers are going to go through your business report without getting bored. You may also like script writing
3. Clarity and Coherence
A logical and progressive business report is important as this will help to make your audience easily grasp the point that you want to relay. To do this, you can make an outline to help you have a clear organization of the structure that you would want to follow.
Your business report outline would start of course with an introduction and ends with your conclusion. For each topic and subtopic in your outline, write down a brief description about it to give you a good guide of what you will be discussing for each section of your business report. Your outline will typically look like the following:
- Purpose of Business Report
Under the clarity and coherence of your business report, the paper formatting of your business report is also important. If your office follows a certain format for your business reports, you should definitely stick to these provisions as this is what the people in your office got used to. Moreover, following a specified formatting can also help you to come up with an organized business report.
4. Review Your Business Report
Once you are done with your business report, it is time for you to start reviewing your write-up. By doing so, you will be able to determine whether or not you have misspelled any words, have wrong punctuation marks, or have incoherent or irrelevant statements. You have to make sure that you cut away anything that is deemed to be unnecessary to your business report.
Once you have finished revising, go through your business report one more time just to make sure that you’ve got everything covered. You can do this several times, or if you want fresh eyes to take a look at your business report, you can show it to someone else, probably a supervisor or boss, that can help to make edit suggestions that will make your business report a whole lot better before dissemination. You may also see summary writing
You can refer to How to Create a Report for more information on how you can create reports.
FREE 10+ Vehicle Report Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Excel | Numbers | PDF
FREE 10+ Church Report Samples Google Docs | Pages | MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Logistic Report Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ IT Report Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
How to Write an Impressive Data Audit Report Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 15+ Gap Analysis Report Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 15+ Restaurant Report Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 13+ Sample Financial Reports in MS Word | Apple Pages
FREE 17+ Financial Audit Report Samples Templates in PDF | MS Word | Pages
FREE How to Create a Financial Audit Report [9+ Samples]
FREE 9+ Business Report Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Event Report Samples in Google Docs | Pages | MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Information Report Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ Church Financial Report Samples in PDF | Microsoft Word (DOC) | Microsoft Excel (XLS) | Apple Pages | Apple Numbers | Microsoft Publisher | Adobe Illustrator (AI) | Google Docs | Google Sheets
FREE 5+ CEO Report Samples in PDF