A computer programmer or coder is someone who writes computer software. Companies that have a need for a computer programmer are software companies, technological companies, gaming companies, and other similarly related industries.
If you are thinking of hiring a programmer, it is of immense help if you refer to a standard computer programmer job description first. For your convenience, we have collected a variety of programmer Job Description Samples for you to choose from. Scroll down below and download the ones that you deem useful.
Sample Computer Programmer Job Description
Programmer Trainee Job Description Example
Analyst Programmer Job Description in PDF
Information Technology Programmer Job Description
Application Programmer Job Description
Programmer Assistant Job Description
Job Functions of a Programmer
- Write programs using a variety of computer languages.
- Update existing programs used by the company.
- Troubleshoot programs and fix errors when necessary.
- Alter applications or programs by using computer-assisted software engineering tools.
- Define requirements for system modifications with user departments.
- Establish systems and evaluate results of system modifications.
- Develops and prepares documents for the general design of solutions that meet system and security requirements, including the selection of alternative approaches.
- Develop applications to be used in the daily business operations.
- Develop and maintain automated data processing systems and computer application programs.
- Analyze which enhancement can be made upon the existing computer systems used.
- Prepare a detailed program instructional manual for electronic data processing operations.
- Analyze the nature of the business operations and projects, the form of service information, and the form of results required.
- Create machine instructions for easier data manipulation.
- Establish checkpoints at regular intervals to verify the accuracy of the computer’s work in progress.
- Sets up machine work areas by reserving memory positions for input and output storage, processing, and controls.
For more reference, you may check out our collection of System Administrator Job Descriptions.
Game Programmer Job Description
CNC Programmer Job Description Format
Junior Programmer Job Description
Automation Programmer Job Description
System Programmer Job Description
Programmer Manager Job Description
Programmer Analyst Job Description
Qualities of a Computer Programmer
- He/she must possess sharp analytical skills.
- He/she must be capable of holding his/her focus in long durations of time.
- He/she must have the initiative and skills to troubleshoot computer systems for malfunctions and errors.
- He/she must be capable of fixing these errors.
- He/she must have a working knowledge of various coding languages such as C++, Java, etc.
Hire the Best Programmer: Refer to a Job Description
The reason why job descriptions are effective tools for hiring and maintaining the effectivity of your staff is the fact that it contains key elements that clearly delineates the expectations for the job position.
Here are the key elements of a job description:
- Job title
- Employee status (regular, contractual, part-time)
- The person/supervisor whom the employee must report to
- Job summary
- Job qualifications
- Education and experience required
- Certificates, licenses, and registrations required
- Physical requirements for the job
Clearly, a job description helps smoothen business operations for the following reasons:
- Job function analysis
- Performance management
- Recruitment basis
- Legal purposes
- Basis for reprimand or termination in circumstances when an employee fails to perform his job
Speaking of programmers, you might also have a need for a computer engineer. To learn more about this job position, click on this link: Computer Engineer Job Descriptions
FREE 10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Sample HR Coordinator Job Description Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample HR Manager Job Descriptions in PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Treasurer Job Descriptions in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Environmental Engineer Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Construction Worker Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Construction Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Construction Manager Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Construction Management Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Construction Laborer Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Construction Superintendent Job Description Samples in PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Construction Project Manager Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 10+ Consultant Job Description Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Contractor Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 7+ Sample Cardiologist Job Descriptions in PDF