Have you ever noticed how most hospitals you’ve been in have a working plumbing system all the time? Notice how at your home, you encounter several problems either with your drainage, plumbing system, faucet leakages, and other malfunctions on a quarterly (if not monthly) basis? Indeed, hospitals, huge apartment complexes, subdivisions—all these are maintained by a maintenance director.
If you are looking to hire a maintenance director, you need to refer to a standard maintenance director job description in order to clearly delineate the tasks and responsibilities expected in this job position. For your guidance, we have collected various maintenance director Job Description Samples that you may download for free. These are available in Doc and PDF formats, thus making it easier for you to add or remove the specifications that you deem necessary. Scroll down below and start downloading
Sample Building Maintenance Director Job Description
Regional Maintenance Director Job Description
Aircraft Maintenance Director Job Description
School Maintenance Director Job Description in PDF
Responsibilities of a Maintenance Director
- Coordinates schedules and special event operations for the purpose of ensuring required facilities preparation.
- Develops long and short range maintenance plans/programs for the purpose of the ensuring that all areas of the premises/facility are effectively utilized according to the manner with which these were initially intended for.
- Inspects premises for repair work.
- Determines appropriateness of work order requests, determines timeline, and authorizes work to be completed.
- Conducts surveys and price inquiries in order to develop time and cost estimates for major repair works or remodeling projects.
- Establish standards for maintenance and preventative maintenance for buildings, laws, and equipment.
- Ensure that the standards are consistent with pertinent/related laws of the state.
- Ensure that these standards are complied with or observed by other maintenance staff.
- Replaces equipment when necessary and informs accounting department or any relevant departments for the estimation of costs of such replacement.
- Prepares a long-term plan for maintenance while taking into consideration other operations of different departments.
- Adheres to the accounting department or company’s policies on purchasing budgets and processes.
- Takes initiative in making recommendations or suggestions for building improvements.
- Coordinates with administrators and other department heads regarding the upcoming events or other future plans for the buildings and facilities in order to create a maintenance plan accordingly.
- Analyzes the activities of normal business operations and formulate ways to improve the processes by making additions or changes to the buildings or equipment.
- Check the premises for peeling wall paints and perform the a thorough re-painting job as approved by superiors/administrators.
For more information on the duties of a maintenance director, download the templates on this page or you may opt to scour the rest of our website’s job description collections. Additionally, if you are looking to hire someone for an executive position, you can also check out our collection of Sample Executive Director Job Descriptions by clicking on the link provided.
Nursing Home Maintenance Director Job Description
Facility Maintenance Director Job Description Example
Sample Maintenance Director Job Description
Operation and Maintenance Director Job Description
Companies/Institutions That Need a Maintenance Director
- Psychiatric centers
- Drug rehabilitation centers
- Other health-care facilities
- Apartment complexes
- Spa centers
- Corporate buildings and offices
- Research facilities
- Manufacturing companies
Want more job descriptions for leadership positions? You may want to check out our Art Director Job Description Samples. These are also available for free download.
5+ Video Game Designer Job Description Samples
9+ HR Payroll Job Description Samples
11+ Payroll Job Description Samples
10+ Editor Job Description Samples
8+ Case Management Job Description Samples
8+ Copy Editor Job Description Samples
9+ Administrator Job Description Samples
8+ Building Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description
9+ Property Management Job Description Samples
9+ Quality Engineer Job Description Samples
11+ Sample Systems Administrator Job Descriptions
9+ Project Engineer Job Description Samples
9+ Design Engineer Job Description Samples
8+ Assistant Engineer Job Description Samples