In the world today, everything is done in a synchronized and procedural manner. One way of ensuring that applications are done in an organized manner is through the use of application forms. Whether it is intended for employment, rent/lease academic, passport applications, medical, credit, or financial purposes, application forms are being used. Filling out of application forms is thought to be an essential step to an application process and they are mainly utilized in order to procure relevant and important information from the applicant. They come in various formats and outlines depending on the purpose it will be used for.
Rental Application Forms
House Rental Application Form
Apartment Rental Application Form
Rental Application Form in Word
Property Rental Application Form
Tenant Rental Application Form
Youth Private Rental Application Form
Job Application Forms
Employee Job Application Form
Generic Job Application Form
Standard Job Application Form
Employment Application Forms
Employment Card Application Form
Civil Service Employment Application Form
Credit Application Forms
Customer Credit Application Form
Credit Care Application Form
Credit Account Application Form
Disclosure Application Forms
Disclosure Certificate Application Form
Financial Disclosure Application Form
Enhanced Disclosure Application Form
Membership Application Forms
Foundation Membership Application Form
New Membership Application Form
Stock Exchange Membership Application Form
What Is an Application Form?
An application form is a document that is used to gather an individual/group’s essential and required information in a quick manner. They are standardized and uniform in format to ensure that the interpretation of the gathered data is easy. They are commonly used by business, academic institutions, and nonprofit organizations and they are considered to be essential in a way that it helps the organization be more organized. They are also considered to be a sort of minor “test” that would gauge the applicant’s ability to follow the given instructions, literacy, and communication skills. On the off chance that an applicant poorly answers an application form, it can prevent his/her chances of being considered, or worse, be completely disqualified.
Application forms are most commonly used for job/employment-related purposes. Employers use this as a means of organized filing of employee data or for future reference. These forms also save employers a ton of time when they are on the hunt for potential employees.
Common Application Form Format
Application forms have now become very popular. They are now widely used by organizations as a part of their requirements and as a means of collecting the required information. They are very important to various organizations and establishments such as companies, schools, and nonprofit organizations. Application forms are often specified to be used for a specific purpose and are standardized in a way to collect an organized set of information. This makes comparing of suitable applicants more convenient. However, no matter how different the purposes of these forms may be, they will collect a common set of information. Here we give you a few of the information that is usually gathered by an application form.
- Complete Name – This includes the applicant’s first name, last name, and middle initial/name (optional).
- Social Security Number (SSN) – This should always be stated that providing such information should be “optional” as this is a sensitive type of information. It can be stated as “SSN (Optional).”
- Birthday – The complete birth date must be provided (month/day/year).
- Marital status whether an applicant is single, married, divorced, or widowed.
- Contact details such as phone/mobile number and email address.
- Profession or what the current occupation of the applicant is.
- Reference – At least 3 is asked to attest to the credibility of the applicant.
- Emergency contact – This will include the name, phone number, and the relationship of the applicant to said emergency contact. The person listed down will be contacted in case an emergency arises.
- Signature – This will include the signature of the landlord, applicant, and witnesses if there is a need for one.
Information gathered by these forms will vary depending on the purpose it is intended for. For example, rent/lease applications will require an applicant to give proof of good rent/lease history as it will help the landlord gauge if he/she is allowed to rent the property, whereas an employment application form would gather information relating to the work/employment history of the applicant.
Passport Application Forms
Adult General Passport Application Form
New Passport Application Form
Passport Renewal Application Form
Blank Application Forms
Blank Job Application Form
Blank Rental Application Form
Blank Employment Application Form
College Application Forms
Universal College Application Form
Early College Application Form
College Student Application Form
Grant Application Forms
Housing Assistance Grant Application Form
Grant in Aid Application Form
Grant Property Application Form
Housing Application Forms
Public Housing Application Form
Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support Application Form
Housing Register Application Form
Housing Subsidy Application Form
Housing Assistance Grant Application Form
City Housing Application Form
Volunteer Application Form
Volunteer Work Application Form
Foundation Volunteer Application Form
New Volunteer Application Form
Volunteer Driver Application Form
Volunteer Mentor Application Form
Committee Volunteer Application Form
Types of Application Forms
Application forms can be used for a variety of circumstances. Some of the most common types of application forms are the following:
- Rental Application Form – This application form is used by landlords to gauge whether a potential tenant’s credit employment, background, and rental history make him/her a qualified applicant to rent the property of the landlord.
- Job Application Form – This form is used by the HR department of a company to gather pertinent information from a job applicant, some of which are not found in the applicant’s resume. This helps the HR officer validate if the applicant is a good fit for the available job.
- Credit Application Form – This form is used by businesses to measure if a customer has a good credit history to be granted a line of credit in your business.
- Membership Application Form – Organizations are the primary users of this form. They are used when an individual wishes to become a part of the organization or want to renew his/her membership.
- Passport Application Form – People who wish to travel abroad need to supply the necessary documents such as a passport. Passport application forms can be used by the foreign affairs department to assess the individual’s eligibility to apply for a passport.
- College Application Form – Colleges and universities are never lenient when it comes to the students who apply in their school. College application forms are intended to look at a student’s academic history and achievements. This will let the school board know if the student possesses characteristics fit for the academe.
- Housing Application Form – When someone wants to transition from renting apartments and lofts to owning his/her very own house, a real estate agent will likely give him/her a housing application form that will give the real estate agent an overview of whether the individual is qualified to avail of a household unit.
- Volunteer Application Form – Nonprofit organizations need to be careful when it comes to choosing their volunteers. This is to ensure that no harm will be inflicted on the client. A volunteer application form will look at a potential volunteer’s volunteering history if there are any. The more volunteer work, the higher the chances that the volunteer will be picked for the job.
- Payment Application Forms – Retail stores and businesses that offer services can make use of a payment application form to ensure that all the details about the payment will be secure, especially if the company has plans of doing layaway plans or giving the individual a company credit. This will also take a look at the applicant’s credit history to ensure that payments will be made without any problems.
- Scholarship Application Forms – Going to school can be expensive, this is why there are scholarships granted to the qualified students. This form will look at the student’s academic standing and achievements.
- Staff Application Form – When an individual, specifically a job seeker, is looking to become a part of a company, he/she might need to fill out a staff application form. HR usually provides this in an online format for online applications and printed format for walk-ins.
Leave Application Forms
Earned Leave Application Form
Student Leave Application Form
Annual Leave Application Form
Application for Leave of Absence Form
Staff Leave Application Form
Lease Application Forms
Residential Lease Agreement Form
Commercial Lease Agreement Form Format
Lease Purchase Application Form
Payment Application Forms
Hardship Support Payment Application Form
Payment Order Application Form
Payment Plan Application Form
Scholarship Application Forms
Minority Scholarship Application Form
Student Scholarship Application Form
Merit Scholarship Application Form
Doctoral Scholarship Application Form
Undergraduate Scholarship Application Form
Staff Application Form
Staff Loan Application Form
Camp Staff Application Form
Staff-Leader Application Form
Tenant Application Forms
Landlord Tenant Application Form
Rental Tenant Application Form
Tenant Lease Application Form
How Important Is an Application Form?
Application forms are a critical part of any process that needs to go through an application. Advertisements for rent/lease, employment opportunities, scholarships, and they are very important as they make the selection process easier for the organization using them. Application forms have evolved to be more specific for the purpose they are intended for making separating of the good, the bad, and the ugly at a very early stage. This is very important especially for applications that need to compare the applicants and their qualifications like job applications and rent/lease applications.
How Are Application Forms Judged?
Organizations/businesses who make use of application forms get a long list of applicants on a day-to-day basis. Application forms seem like a simple document to fill out, but if the way it has been filled out is not up to par with the standards of the organization/business, the trash pile will be the new best friend of the application form. If you are someone who will be filling out an application form, ensure that your application form does not fall into the recycling bin by following some of the tips we have for you.
For paper application forms, as an applicant, you have to thoroughly think about what you want to write for each field. Erasures and crossed out words should be avoided in order to make your application forms neat and professional-looking. Handwriting should also be considered as a messy one is a good recipe for failure. Spelling mistakes or typos can also land your application form on the reject list. Carefully check your application forms for grammatical errors and spelling mistakes before sending/handing them out.
An application form will surely come with its own set of instructions on how you should fill out each field. Make sure that you read the application form thoroughly before you fill it out, as each field that needs to be filled out might come with precise instructions such as what to write, the number of words per field, and supporting attachments if there are any. If there are instructions that seem unclear to you, do not hesitate to ask the organization about it. Better to ask than to send a half-completed application form.
Back Up with Facts
Make sure you keep your answers succinct and relevant, especially if there is a word limit stated in the application form. Back up your claims with facts, if possible.