In this achievement-oriented and cutthroat world, it has become of utmost paramountcy that one performs well in school and attains passing grades. Indeed, the school/university-setting is swarming with viciously competitive students and equally vicious and stringent rules and regulations. So much so that a singular absence from class may lead to gravely detrimental consequences on a student’s report card.
That is why, if you are an over-achieving straight-A student or any student who plans on being absent from class for a certain duration of time due to some unavoidable circumstances or familial obligations, then you must send a formal school leave application letter to your teacher. If you don’t have any idea how to start crafting your letter, then you may download one of our Sample Application Letters. These are easily editable, the layout is standardized, thus making it easier for you to fill in the necessary details of your leave. Scroll down below to select and download.
Sample School Leave Application PDF
School Casual Leave Application
School Leave Application Form
School Medical Leave Application
What Is a School Leave Application Letter?
A school leave application letter is a letter that is written toward any of the following:
- a teacher/professor,
- a teacher’s aide or teaching assistant, or
- the dean of the department a student belongs in.
The intent of this letter is to make the abovementioned individuals aware of the student’s plan on being absent from a certain teacher/professor’s class for a specific duration of time.
Who Can Draft This Letter?
An application for school leave is a formal document, hence it must subscribe to formal standards and rules. By virtue of formality and of the nature of a school leave application, there are only a few select people who can send this letter and those are the following:
- an undergraduate student;
- a post-graduate student;
- any student who plans on being absent from school for a specific date or time (elementary, high school, etc.);
- a parent of a student who is still of minor age; or
- any guardian who is in charge of a student who is still of minor age according to governing state laws on minor ages.
What Does It Contain?
It contains the following:
- statement of intent to apply for school leave,
- reasons for application,
- closing remarks, and
School Request Casual Leave Application
Teacher School Leave Application
Short Term School Leave Application
Graduate School Leave Application
How to Craft Your School Leave Application Letter
- Greet your application letter-recipient formally by using the customary “Dear Sir/Ms.”
- Clearly state your intention to apply for leave. Don’t use superfluous and flowery words in this part since it will only give off the impression of insincerity.
- Explain in detail the reason why you are applying for a school leave. If applicable, you can also attach proofs/documents of such claimed reason (e.g. medical certificate).
- Close your letter in a professional and hopeful tone. You may reiterate that you wish your request to be granted.
- Sign your name and affix your signature.
Speaking of applications, we also have Sample Lease Applications that you may refer to for future application needs.
FREE 11+ Job Application Writing Samples & Templates in PDF
FREE 8+ Application Writing Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 11+ Sample Credit Application Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Grant Applications Templates in PDF
FREE 7+ Job Application Sampel in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Sample College Application Essay Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Sample General Job Application Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Printable Application for Employment Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Job Application Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Credit Application Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Rental Applications in MS Word | PDF
FREE 7+ Sample Scholarship Applications in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Generic Application for Employment in MS Word | PDF
FREE 7+ Bank Application Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Lease Application Templates in MS Word | PDF