A supplemental application form is a tool used to gather relevant information about an applicant to determine their suitability for their desired opportunity. It enables applicants to showcase their unique qualities while helping institutions to make well-informed decisions when choosing candidates who align best with their business goals or objectives. Depending on the institution, program, or job application, candidates may also be required to submit essays or personal statements, letters of recommendation, professional resumes, transcripts, work samples, and standardized test scores along with their supplemental application form.
FREE 37+ Supplemental Application Samples
1. Sample Nursing Supplemental Application Template
2. Sample Contractors Supplemental Application Template
3. Sample Restaurant Supplemental Application Template
4. Sample Habitational Supplemental Application Template
5. Sample Builders Risk Supplemental Application Template
6. Sample Required Supplemental Application Template
7. Sample Supplemental Job Application Template
8. Sample Supplemental Application Form Template
9. Sample School of Dentistry Supplemental Application Template
10. Sample Supplemental Application Basic Template
11. Sample Residency Supplemental Application Template
12. Sample Supplemental Application for Admissions Template
13. Sample Visiting Student Supplemental Application Template
14. Sample Supplemental Application Formal Template
15. Sample Supplemental Application to the Music Template
16. Sample Supplemental Application for Professional Study Template
17. Sample Supplemental College Application Template
18. Sample International Student Supplemental Application Template
19. Sample License Supplemental Application Templates
20. Sample Supplemental Application For Right of Entry Template
21. Sample Supplemental Application Equivalency Template
22. Sample Social Work Supplemental Application Template
23. Sample Product Development Supplemental Application Template
24. Sample Environmental Supplemental Application Template
25. Sample Employment Supplemental Application Template
26. Sample Supplemental Application Editable Template
27. Sample Office Supplemental Application Template
28. Sample Physician Assistant Supplemental Application Template
29. Sample Board Supplemental Application Template
30. Sample Supplemental Application Requirements Template
31. Sample Interest Supplemental Application Template
32. Sample Covid-19 Supplemental Application Template
33. Sample Machine Shop Supplemental Application Template
34. Sample Food Facility Supplemental Application Template
35. Sample Mining Supplemental Application Template
36. Sample Supplemental Application for Financial Aid Template
37. Sample Hospitality Supplemental Application Template
38. Sample Supplemental Application for Modality Template
What is a Supplemental Application?
Supplemental applications are additional forms or sets of questions that some entities require applicants to accomplish alongside a standard application. These forms aim to collect more specific information about a particular candidate that might not be covered in the general application form. Apart from supplemental application forms, candidates and employers can also use application worksheets, application checklists, contractor handbooks, employee evaluation forms, and contract agreement templates.
How to Create a Supplemental Application
Supplemental applications vary in content and complexity. These forms can include essay questions that talk about the candidate’s motivations, experiences, or aspirations relevant to the position or programs they are applying for. Supplemental applications can also delve into their skills, qualifications, and relevant achievements. These documents are also used when assessing candidates for specialized programs like art schools, medical schools, or research-oriented graduate programs.
Step 1: Determine the Objectives and Criteria of the Form
Provide a clear definition of the supplemental application’s purpose and scope. Start by identifying the specific information or qualities you want to collect from your applicants that are not covered in the standard application. Then include a clear description of the criteria you will be using to evaluate the applicants based on their responses.
Step 2: Develop a List of Relevant Questions
Create a list of questions that aligns with the objectives of your form. Make sure that these questions are insightful, open-ended, and can elicit genuine and detailed responses from the applicants.
Step 3: Choose the Format to Use
Consider which format to use. The supplemental application can be distributed in online forms. They can be downloaded or integrated into the main application platform. Ensure that the supplemental application is user-friendly and easy to navigate. You can also include optional sections that would allow applicants to submit additional materials like their portfolios or writing samples.
Step 4: Incorporate Clear Instructions and Guidelines
In each section or question, make sure to incorporate clear and concise instructions. Provide an explanation of the purpose of each question to highlight what information you are looking for. Consider communicating any specific formatting preferences or guidelines you are requiring.
What is the basic structure of a supplemental application?
The basic structure of a supplemental form depends on the requirements of the entity that uses it. However, the common components that this application form has are sections for introduction and overview, personal information, essay, or short answer questions, additional information, certifications, submission, and contact information.
What is the purpose of supplemental applications?
Supplemental applications serve several essential purposes such as an in-depth understanding of candidates, differentiation, alignment, holistic assessment, and creativity and critical thinking. It also enables showcasing soft skills, understanding experiences, equity and inclusion, engagement and investment, and program improvement.
What are the other types of application forms used in hiring processes?
Some of the other types of application forms required by organizations during their hiring processes are standard application forms, resume or CV submissions, video applications, online application portals, behavioral assessment questionnaires, skills assessments, cover letter submissions, reference check forms, and more.
Supplemental application forms are utilized to gather additional and specific details about a candidate that may not be included in standard application forms. This information assists institutions in making well-informed decisions about a candidate during the selection process. An effective supplemental application form aligns with the general format of an organization’s branding and the overall theme of the main application. Well-defined sections, clear instructions, and user-centric designs also contribute to a positive applicant experience and better evaluation process results.
FREE 29+ Student Application Form Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 21+ Administrative Application Samples in MS Word | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 21+ Teacher Application Samples in MS Word | Apple Pages | Outlook | PDF
FREE 25+ Transfer Application Samples in MS Word | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 23+ Participation Application Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Patient Application Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 21+ Eligibility Application Samples in PDF
FREE 7+ School Leave Application Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 20+ Travel Application Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 7+ Casual Leave Application Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 25+ Sponsor Application Sampales in MS Word | Google Docs | Apple Pages | PDF
FREE 23+ Candidate Application Samples in PDF
FREE 33+ Committee Application Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 37+ Product Application Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 33+ Visiting Application Samples in PDF | MS Word