Receipts are those pieces of documents handed to you after you make a payment for certain purchases. No matter what type of receipt you have, it is always best to keep them instead of juts throwing them right away. General receipts serve as proof that you have paid for such items and that the store or business acknowledges that you already did make a payment.
One of the many receipts being used today are travel receipts. Travel receipts come in different forms and outlines, all of which depend on the business or entity using it. To give you a better view what different travel receipts look like, we have attached a few travel receipt templates and some useful information about it. If you need to use any of these samples for your travel business or for personal needs, do not hesitate to download the templates below.
Travel Substitute Receipt Form
Printable Travel Receipt Template
Sample Acceptable Travel Receipt
Sample Electronic Travel Receipt
Free Taxi Travel Receipt Template
What Is a Travel Receipt?
A travel receipt is a piece of document that is issued mostly by travel agencies or travel companies once they have received the payment from their customers. Travel receipts could either be transportation tickets or the details of a guided tour arranged by certain agencies. The details included in a travel receipt are the travel destination, the time and date of departure and arrival, the total price to be paid, the name of the customer or passengers, the name of the transportation company where the travel package or tickets were purchased. Travel receipts and all other receipts are equally important, that is why it is a must that they be issued every time a payment is made and received. If you want to check out other receipt samples and templates, you may check them out on our website. We have credit card receipt templates, purchase receipt templates, and petty cash receipts samples and templates.
Where and How Can You Get Travel Receipts?
Travel receipts are issued by entities or companies that are doing travel-related businesses. There are certain entities or companies that use travel receipts for their business. This is where and how you can get travel receipts. The following is a list or examples of businesses that use and issue travel receipts.
- Travel agencies
- Airline companies
- Bus companies
- Train companies
- Shipping companies
- Ticketing offices
- Online ticketing and booking services
Traveling has been something that a lot of people do ever since the different means of transportation were available. But since traveling is expensive or costly, not really everybody is able to take advantage of them. With the availability of ticket promotions from various transportation and travel companies, traveling has been made easy and affordable. Aside from travel receipts, we also have other sets of receipts on our website, like parking receipt samples, refund receipt samples and templates, and grocery payment receipt samples and templates.
Uses of a Travel Receipt Template
You know how to better use a particular thing if you know its uses. So the best way for you to use and understand a travel receipt template is to know its uses. The following are some of the many different uses of a travel receipt template that you should know.
1. A travel receipt template is used to list down the details of one’s travel, whether it be on land, air, or water.
2. Travel receipts serve as a record that helps keep track of the tickets or travel packages that has been purchased from ticketing companies or travel companies. It is especially useful in making sure that there are no questionable activities or fraud done in any transaction. You may also see down payment receipt samples.
3. Some companies use travel receipts in place of travel tickets so that they would not have to print a lot of copies for that particular trip.
4. Travel receipt templates make it easy for any travel or ticketing company to issue the right kind of receipt for their customers.
You can find a variety of receipt samples and templates by checking out the related topics we have on our website. Some examples you may find interesting are tooth fairy receipt samples and templates, order receipt samples and templates, and sales receipt samples and templates.
What Are the Parts of a Travel Receipt Template?
Different travel receipts contain different parts, but no matter how different they are, they will always have similarities. Below are the parts of a receipts that you can commonly see in different types of travel receipts.
- The traveler’s name or customer’s name
- The number of passengers in one booking
- The allowed luggage for each person in the trip
- Name of travel agency or company
- Name of the airline, bus, train, or shipping company used
- The ticket number
- The travel dates
- The time of departure and the time of arrival
- The fare category or the travel class
- The travel origin and the travel destination
- The detailed breakdown of the charges
- The total cost of the ticket
- The terms and conditions of the travel or ticket purchase
Do you find the list above familiar? If you have traveled before, then you probably have seen some of the things listed above before. Because travel receipts are specifically used for travel-related stuff or expenses, the things you can find in it may be very different from the receipts we usually get from store purchases. Other types of receipts you may be interested in are company receipts samples and templates, general receipt samples and templates, and store receipt templates.
Travel Expense Receipt
Taxi Service Travel Receipt Template
Travel and Tours Receipt Sample
Travel Package Receipt Template
How to Make Your Own Travel Receipt Template
Making a travel receipt template that you can use for your business is easy. There are a lot of ways on how you can be able to do so. You can make one using existing templates, by using Word application or by using Excel application. Here we will provide you simple steps for the three different ways on how you can make a travel receipt. You may also see medical receipt templates.
Using existing templates
1. Search online for the template format that you want to use or make as your travel receipt. If you can’t find exactly what you want, then choose the one closest to your preference. You can also try making a PDF receipt template.
2. Download the template that you have selected. If the entire template is fine with you then you don’t need to make any changes. If you wish to change something then proceed to the next step.
3. Open the file and check the details of the travel receipt template. To make changes to certain parts, highlight the part that you want to change, press the backspace button on your keyboard and type in the replacement. Do the same if you want to remove a certain part. You may also like free printable receipts.
4. Add the name of your travel business on top of the travel receipt template.
5. Save the changes you made and you are done.
Using Word application
1. Make sure that you have the Word application installed on your computer or laptop.
2. Open a blank Word document and make an outline of the travel receipt template that you want to make. If you need help with this, you can use the samples and templates provided in this article as your reference. You may also see cash sale receipt samples.
3. After completing your outline, add in the parts of the travel receipt according to the arrangement you want or how you want it to look like. You may refer to the list provided above.
4. When you are done arranging the parts or the contents of your travel template, review each detail to ensure that there are no grammar errors, spelling errors, and formatting errors. You may also like delivery receipt template.
5. When you are satisfied with your work, proceed with saving it by clicking on the File menu and then selecting the Save option. Type in your desired file name and select the destination folder of your file.
6. You will know that your work has been saved successfully if the file name of your document has been changed from Untitled to the file name that you had assigned it.
For more detailed instructions, we have another article that tells you on how to make a receipt using Microsoft Word.
Using Excel application
1. Make sure that you have the Excel application installed on your computer or laptop, or any device you are using to create the travel receipt template in Excel.
2. Launch the application or open a blank Excel document. You will be working with cells, columns, and rows in this application.
3. On your working sheet, create an outline on how you want your travel receipt to look like or how you want the components arranged. You will find it fairly easy to create an outline using this application as there are already lines in it.
4. Add the labels or parts of the travel receipt on the outline that you have made. Use the parts provided above as your reference. You may also see sample sales tax receipts.
5. Review your work if there is anything that you need to add or change. If there are none, save your work with your desired file name and file destination.
There you have it! The steps above will surely help you make your very own travel receipt template. We hope you find this article about receipt templates useful. To know more about other receipts samples and templates, you may check out our website. We have a variety of receipts that you can choose from, like work receipt templates, loan receipt templates, and photography receipt templates.
10+ Sample Rental Receipt
9+ Non Receipt Sample
9+ Car Payment Receipts
8+ Sample Advance Payment Receipt
7+ Payment Receipt Format
7+ General Receipt Templates
5+ Payment Due Upon Receipt
19+ Sample General Receipt Template
17+ Payment Receipt Template
10+ Sample Donation Receipt
7+ Sample Payment Receipt
7+ House Rent Receipt Sample
7+ Sample Donation Receipt Letter
7+ Cash Payment Receipt
6+ Sample Payment Received Receipt Letter