All of us have been sick at least at one point in our lives, and for most of us, we are able to revive our health due to the caring and capable hands of a physician. Have you ever wondered how the world would be like without doctors? Indeed, it is not a world we would want to live in. Doctors are indeed valuable individuals in our society. Doctors are humans too. If you send a thank-you letter to your doctor, he/she would feel a sense of meaning and fulfillment upon thinking of all the hard work that he/she has done in ensuring that the patients’ needs are being taken cared of.
To help guide you in writing a thank-you letter to your doctor, download our website’s collection of doctor thank-you Letter Examples.
Model Patient Referral Thank-You Letter
Thank-You Letter to Doctor from Patient
How to Write a Thank-You Letter to Doctor
Of course the specifics of your letter’s content may vary depending on
- your level of familiarity or intimacy with your doctor
- and the immensity of his/her contribution to your health or a loved one’s health.
There are, however, some basic aspects that you must cover in your letter. The following are some guidelines for you to follow:
- Start you letter’s body with a greeting.
- Then, clearly state the reason why you are thankful for the doctor’s services.
- If you think it’s necessary, you may dedicate one sentence or two in explaining how the doctor’s actions has led to your or your loved one’s recovery.
- Close your letter formally with a polite closing remark.
For more reference, check out our collections of Sample Thank-You Letters. You may also learn more about the proper formatting and layout of this letter from our Thank-You Letter Format templates. Access these template collections by clicking on their corresponding links.
Thank-You Letter for Referral
Sample Letter to Doctor
Example of Thank You Letter
Various Types of Doctor Thank-You Letters
- Thank-You Letter to Doctor from Patient – This is the classic thank-you letter drafted by patients to their doctors. As the name suggests, the aim of this letter is for patients to express their overwhelming gratitude toward their doctors. While doctors may have been paid to do their jobs well, there still is no amount of payment that can compensate for the depth of their care and concern for their patients. It’s exactly this human component of their services that one must acknowledge in a thank-you letter.
- Thank-You Letter for Referral – This letter is written by a doctor to another doctor who has referred him/her to a patient. In the medical world, just like in all kinds of profession, there are specializations. For example, a general practitioner may encounter a patient who is suffering from an extreme case of hormonal imbalance, in which case he/she would refer this patient to a gynecologist. A gynecologist would be better equipped to deal with the patient’s case.
- Medical Assistant Thank-You Letter – This letter is given by a patient to a medical assistant in order to thank him/her for scheduling an appointment with the right physician who can cater to his/her health problems.
For more reference, check out our collection of Formal Thank-You Letters, which can provide you with various types of formal letters fitting for different kinds of formal situations.
10+ Sample Employee Thank-You Letters
10+ Student Reference Letters
10+ Employee Resignation Letters – DOC, Apple Pages
9+ Sample Recommendation Letter for High School Students
11+ Sample Job Recommendation Letters
8+ Sample Nursing Reference Letters
11+ Nurse Reference Letters – PDF, Word
8+ Sample Rental Reference Letters
8+ Sample Promotion Recommendation Letters
11+ Sample Promotion Recommendation Letters
10+ Sample College Letter Of Intent – PDF, DOC
10+ Pregnancy Resignation Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
10+ Sample Resignation Letters in PDF
13+ Sample Thank You Letters After Phone Interview – DOC, PDF
44+ Sample Letters of Recommendation for Graduate School – DOC, PDF