A reference letter is a document that talks about a person’s strong points including his/her qualifications, skills, character, and achievements. A reference letter for scholarship’s purpose is to support a student’s application for a scholarship. If you are asked by a student to write a recommendation letter for him/her, you have to mention your experience with said student with regard to his/her academic achievements and your inputs about the student’s potential.
If you are looking for Sample Letters you can refer to for writing a reference letter, we have five examples in this article. Just browse through the samples below and choose one that best suits your preference.
Sample Reference Letter for Scholarship in PDF
Reference Letter for Scholarship from Principal
Reference Letter for Scholarship from Teacher
Purpose of Reference Letter for Scholarship
- They serve as a tool for solid endorsement about the student and all of her achievements in school, her character, and her potential for success in the future.
- It gives more support to a student’s application for the scholarship as it can give concrete examples of the claims that he/she has stated in the application form or the resume.
- It is an attestation of a student’s eligibility to be granted the scholarship.
Tips for Writing a Reference Letter for Scholarship
- Writing a reference letter for a scholarship can be quite a responsibility and can also be a difficult task. Here are some tips that you can take note of when writing a reference letter for scholarship.
- Analyze whether or not you can write a letter that is sincere in nature and can give a deeper meaning to the student’s application. A reference letter that is written poorly could result in the student not getting a full scholarship or not getting a scholarship at all.
- Ensure that you are knowledgeable about the purpose why the student is asking for a scholarship grant. This helps you give the scholarship board a better understanding why the student deserves to be granted the scholarship.
- You have to be able to validate all of the student’s credentials in full detail.
You may also want to check out:
Reference Letter for Scholarship from Professor
What to Include in a Reference Letter for Scholarship
- State how you know the applicant and why you are considered to be a qualified person to give an attestation to the student’s credentials.
- Mention the student’s strong points. The evaluation of the student’s relevant credentials must be tailored to match with the specific purpose of why there is a need for the student to ask for a scholarship grant.
- State what your insights are about the student with regard to the interest to take up further studies.
- You could mention the student’s unique qualities that make him/her a strong candidate for the scholarship. Show them that the student will put the scholarship grant to good use.
- Do not forget to include all of your contact details such as your mobile number and your e-mail address. You may also include the most convenient times and days that you may be contacted.
Whether a student is applying for financial assistance, a boost in academic achievement, or wants to pursue a specific degree, the scholarship application can have more impact if it is written in a strong and supportive manner. Your task is to make the student a one that will be embedded in the minds of the scholarship committee.
The reference letters in this article will definitely serve as a good guide to make sure that your letters come out as one that will show its utmost support for the student. It is available in both PDF and Word Document format and is very easy to download to your device or computer with just a simple click of the DOWNLOAD button.
You can also check out Character Reference Letter.
131+ Sample Thank You Letters
35 Sample Resignation Letters in Word
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letter Templates
12+ Basic Rental Agreement Letter Templates
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letters
Free Sample Love Letters in Word
11+ Sample Thank You Letters for Gifts Free Download
12+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters
13+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
12+ Sample Appeal Letters
12+ Example of Appeal Letter Templates to Download for Free
11+ Appeal Letters – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
14+ Appeal Letter Samples – PDF, Word
12+ Appeal Letters – Free Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Retirement Resignation Letters