Are you planning to apply as a nurse? If you are, then you need to include a concise and well-crafted cover letter together with your resume in order to give your qualifications a boost. For your guidance, you can refer to our nursing Sample Cover Letters available for download on this page. These are available in PDF and Doc formats, thus making it easier for you to access it using basic word programs and document viewers on your phone or computer.
Experienced Nursing Cover Letter Sample
Nursing Assistant Cover Letter example
Graduate Nursing Cover Letter Sample
Nursing Resume Cover Letter Example
Nursing Student Cover Letter Example
Does the Health-care Industry Suit You?
Before you delve into the whole ordeal of cover letter-writing, you need to be able to assess yourself first if caring for other people is the right job for you. Ask yourself if you find something meaningful in alleviating people’s sufferings or in administering to their physiological needs. If the answer is yes, then you might probably be on the right track.
Nursing Profession: Am I Qualified?
Here are the essential qualifications that you need to possess if you want to apply for a nursing position:
- must be a duly registered nurse (meaning he/she must have taken and passed the nursing licensure exam in the country that he/she applying a nursing job in);
- must be able to communicate effectively with doctors, physicians, other nurses, and other medical and administrative staff;
- must be physically healthy (capable of partially lifting the weight of patients when necessary);
- must be keen on subscribing to the rules on the organizational structures of clinics, hospitals, and health centers;
- must be able to understand directions clearly and carry these out in an efficient manner;
- must possess good interpersonal skills and must be empathetic in dealing with patients; and
- must be free of any contagious disease (this is a vital factor not just for nurse aides but for anyone who plans on working in the health-care profession).
Now that you have decided to take on the nursing role, then you are ready to write your cover letter! Aside from nursing cover letters, we also have Cover Letter Examples for Students that are available for free download.
Nursing Graduate Cover Letter Example
Nursing Internship Cover Letter Example
Nursing Home Administrator Cover Letter Sample
Nursing Cover Letter Format Example
Job Application Process
Basically, there are five basic steps of the job application process and those are
- submit a comprehensive, well-organized, and impressive resume;
- attach a brief yet captivating cover letter to your resume;
- wait for an invitation for an interview or if you are a walk-in, go straight to the initial interview;
- initial interview; and
- final interview a few days or sometimes weeks after the initial interview.
Why Cover Letters Are Important
Your cover letter is an effective way of magnetizing your recruiter’s interest. Especially if you were only mediocre during the initial interview or if you got submerged in your anxiety, then you have your cover letter as a backup plan.
Recruiters are normally meticulous and careful decision makers, that is why after your interview, they usually take the time to read all your submitted documents in order to make a final decision whether or not your deserve a final interview. It is exactly because of this that a cover letter is a good idea because unlike an interview in which you are made to answer on the dot, a cover letter gives you an ample amount of time to think of the words you will use. This way, your positive attributes will be highlighted in your favor.
For more reference, check out our collection of Cover Letters for Job Application.
131+ Sample Thank You Letters
35 Sample Resignation Letters in Word
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letter Templates
12+ Basic Rental Agreement Letter Templates
13+ Sample Rental Agreement Letters
Free Sample Love Letters in Word
11+ Sample Thank You Letters for Gifts Free Download
12+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters
13+ Sample Formal Complaint Letters – PDF, Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
12+ Sample Appeal Letters
12+ Example of Appeal Letter Templates to Download for Free
11+ Appeal Letters – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
14+ Appeal Letter Samples – PDF, Word
12+ Appeal Letters – Free Samples , Examples & Format
9+ Sample Retirement Resignation Letters