Want to become a part of a company but they do not have available positions at the moment? Do not worry. It’s not the end of the line yet. You can let them know that you are interested in becoming a part of their team by writing them a letter of intent. A letter of intent is a letter that is written in the hopes that in the future, a company or school might have a spot for you in the near future based on your credentials.
Here we have nine Sample Letters that you can check out should there be a need for you to write a letter of intent. You can browse through the samples below.
Sample Letter of Intent Template
Sample Letter of Intent Acquisition of Business Template
Sample Restaurant Letter of Intent Template
Sample Restaurant Non-Binding Letter of Intent Template
Sample Restaurant Letter of Intent for Transaction Template
Sample Letter of Intent Format for School
Letter of Intent for Employer Format
Graduate Letter of Intent Format
Formal Letter of Intent Format in PDF
Business Letter of Intent Format
The Difference: Letter of Intent vs. Cover Letter
A cover letter and letter of intent are the same in the sense that they are sent together with your resume or your application form. They also both express an interest in becoming a part of the company or to being admitted in the college or university. The only difference between the two is the timing. A cover letter is sent when a company is actively looking for job candidates or if the school is currently accepting applications for admission. Whereas a letter of intent is sent when a company is not looking to hire anyone or if the school is not yet accepting candidates for admission. (You may also refer to Letters of Intent for a Job)
Writing a Letter of Intent
- The first part of your letter should be an introduction about yourself and the reasons why you are writing a letter of intent. Make sure to make it brief and concise.
- Mention all of your credentials—qualifications, skills, and relevant experiences. Elaborate on how these credentials make you a qualified candidate.
- Ask for an interview. This is an opportunity for you to build rapport with the school or company, have a glimpse of what they are about, their culture, and everything else in between.
College Letter of Intent Format
Letter of Intent to Retire Format
Company Letter of Intent Format Example
Scholarship Letter of Intent Format
Official Letter of Intent Format
Tips to Remember
- Always remember to attach a resume whenever you are sending your letter. The resume will be the tool they will use to gauge if you have potential or not.
- Address your letter correctly. Be sure to use the proper salutation and that you spell the recipient’s name correctly.
- Make sure to make your letters brief and concise. You have to ensure that you make your paragraphs short and straightforward. Two or three paragraphs will suffice.
- You want to avoid any grammatical errors and typos. Review your letters multiple times before sending them.
- Make sure to leave your updated contact details to make communication easy.
Using the Letter of Intent Format Samples
All the sample templates featured in this article are in a PDF (.pdf) format, which is very easy to store and is highly compatible with multiple devices. These documents will serve as your guidelines to writing your letter of intent whether it be for work or for a school admission (see Letters of Intent Medical School).
FREE 12+ Graduate School Recommendation Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Formal Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 19+ Endorsement Letters Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 14+ Sample Donation Thank You Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 40+ Introduction Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 5+ What to Include in a Commercial Lease Termination Letter [ Tips and Samples ]
FREE 10+ Sample Financial Hardship Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Thank You Letter For Scholarship in MS Word | PDF
FREE 18+ Sample Letter of Credit in PDF | Word
FREE 12+ Sample Refusal Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Job Reference Letter Templates in PDF
FREE 15+ Sample Work Apology Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Job Appointment Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Sample Resignation Letter Examples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 38+ Examples of Thank You Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF