Gifts are one of the most effective ways of showing your appreciation toward another person. In the corporate arena, the giving of gifts is a business tactic to encourage more business transactions with other individuals. Or in the case of employers and employees, for the employers to motivate their employees to work harder.
Whether you have been given a gift due to personal reasons or because of your position in business or in your workplace, you need to express your gratitude to the gift-giver through a thank-you letter. You must craft the appropriate type of thank-you letter. To know more about gift letters and thank-you letters, download our Thank You Letter Samples on this page.
Free Gift Letter Template
Simple Gift Letter
Mortgage Gift Letter Template
Free Business Gift Letter
Corporate Gift Letter
Sample Thank You for Gift Letter
Sample Gift Letter Format
Sample Blank Gift Letter
Deed of Gift Letter Format
Sample Financial Gift Letter
Financial Gift Letter Example
Sample Financial Gift Letter
Sample Charitable Gift Letter
Charity Donation Gift Letter
Charity Gift Receipt Letter
Sample Memorial Gift Letter
Memorial Donation Gift Letter
Church Memorial Gift Letter
Memorial Gift Thank You Letter
Gifts can come in many forms. Money, shopping gift cards, perfume, car, apartment, clothes, books, pricey makeup, shoes, and bags—almost any object can be given as a gift. There are numerous occasions or situations that moves individuals to give a gift to another person or group of persons. Some of the most common gift-giving occasions are the following:
- wedding anniversaries;
- when someone is holding a celebratory party for a job promotion;
- when someone wants to express his/her gratitude toward a coworker, employer, or employee;
- when someone wants to express his/her appreciation toward a coach, mentor, teacher, or professor;
- when someone simply wants to express his/her love toward his/her special other despite the lack of any special celebration;
- when a spouse, a boyfriend, or a girlfriend wants to give a present to his/her special someone during Valentine’s Day;
- when a boyfriend or girlfriend wants to give a present to his/her special someone during their “monthsary” or otherwise known as the monthly celebration for the day when they started dating;
- when someone is holding a housewarming party right after he/she has moved to a new house, apartment, or loft;
- when companies or corporations are holding a company party or celebration and the owners want to express their appreciation for each of their workers; and
- when someone wants to make an apology. There are times when we do things that are utterly wrong and are hurtful toward other people. So much so that a mere apology wouldn’t cut it. Our guilt threatens to overpower us if we do not make up for the hurtful thing we have done to another. The remedy for this occasion is to express our apology genuinely and give a sorry gift to appease the unjustifiably hurt feelings of the person we’ve wronged.
Indeed, there is still a wide ocean of various reasons for gift-giving and to list them all would be near to impossible as there are hundreds of possible situations that can give rise to the necessity of giving a gift.
Gifts can come in various forms. The most common forms of gifts are the following:
- Gift cards
- Sports gears
- Shopping gift cards
- Technological gadgets
- Trekking and spelunking gears
- Skin care products
- Health products
- Expensive perfumes
- Art materials (paintbrushes, canvas, oil paints, acrylic paint sets, mediums, etc.)
- Digital camera
- Other types of vehicles
- Expensive watches
Indeed, almost anything can be given as a gift to someone. Each gift carries with it the affection and positive intentions of the person giving it. That is why, if you are someone who is fortunate enough to have received gifts countless times, then it befalls on you to make the effort of acknowledging your gift-giver’s kindness and generosity through a Thank-You Letter for Gifts.
Wedding/Marriage Gift Letter Sample
Sample Gift of Equity Letter
Gift of Equity Letter Example
Gift of Equity Letter Application
Sample Gift Certificate Letter
Gift Certificate Letter Example
Gift Certificate Request Letter
Gift Certificate Cover Letter
New Year Gift Certificate Letter
Sample Gift Acknowledgement Letter
Memorial Gift Acknowledgement Letter
Charitable Gift Acknowledgement Letter
Gift Acknowledgement Letter in PDF
Thank You for Gift Letter
A thank-you-for-gift letter is a generic thank-you letter that can be given in almost any type of gift-giving occasion. After you have received a gift from someone for whatever reason, you need to let that someone know that you are thankful for his/her gift. There are several reasons why it is crucial to send a thank-you-for-gift letter and some of those are the following:
- In order to make the gift-giver feel good about his/her generosity. Naturally, giving gifts is not an obligation, that is why, if someone decides to spare an amount of their earnings or a portion of their belongings in order to give it to someone without requiring anything in return, then that is a clear act of thoughtfulness. A kind of thoughtfulness that must encouraged, especially since these days, our culture is teaching us to minimize our area of concern to include only our selves and our immediate families. That is why, if you have witnesses exhibit an impressive level of humanity by giving you a gift, then it is up to you to encourage this kindness. By doing so, you are breeding more kindness in him/her as well as in yourself.
- To strengthen the bond between gift-giver and gift-recipient. Nothing makes society run more smoothly than having individuals who are concerned with each other’s welfare. When somebody cares enough to give another person a gift, that is usually an indication of a good start of a relationship, be it a personal, romantic, or even a business relationship.
Business Thank You for Gift Letter
Oftentimes, businessmen/women give gifts to their employees, vendors, prospective clients, and business partners. The reason for this is because they understand the value of having a personalized approach in their business dealings. No matter how official and formal the corporate world may be, the individuals who run these corporations or companies are still human and thus, they are still susceptible to human sentimentality. Businesses become a success when a business owner knows how to give appropriate value to other individuals who play a great part in improving his/her business.
In relation to this, if you are on the receiving end of business gift, then you must send a prompt thank-you letter for such a gift. This is to solidify the business relationship you have with the gift-giver.
Deed of Gift Letter Format
Most states implement property laws that necessitates that married individuals cannot give large donations or gifts to non-family persons or organizations without consulting the agreement and permission of his/her spouse. Properties that are considered of a large sum are usually plots of land, cars, expensive vehicles, house and lot, expensive jewelries. If it is only a small gift, most states do not bother to include gifts that are not too pricey. To know what type of gifts are to be considered as requiring the consent of your spouse, you must make sure that you check out the governing laws on property and marriage first.
When you are planning to give a large gift to someone, you need to ask your spouse’s consent first. Secondly, you must also create a formal deed of gift letter that must contain the following:
- the type, name, and quantity of the gift you are giving;
- to whom you are giving it;
- the amount of money such gift is equal to;
- the date such gift is given;
- the reason for such gift-giving; and
- the consent of your spouse and his/her signature.
Sample Gift Sponsorship Letter
Corporate Gift Sponsorship Letter
Sample Donation Gift Letter
Donation Gift Thank You Letter
Donation Gift Request Letter
Sample Mortgage Gift Letter
Mortgage Deposit Gift Letter
First Mortgage Gift Letter
Sample Gift Money Letter
Gift Money Thank You Letter
Gift Money Letter Format
Sample Gift Letter for Bank
Gift Letter for Bank Example
Payment Gift Letter for Bank
Charity Donation Gift Letter
A charity donation gift letter is a letter requesting another individual, a company, a corporation, or any charitable institution to lend financial or whatever form of assistance to a person’s cause or an organization’s goals and/or activities.
This charity donation gift letter must contain the following information:
- the clear statement indicating the request for donation;
- the amount of donation asked if it is monetary or the size or quantity if the donation asked for is in the form of materials, equipment, etc.;
- the date when the donation would be most appreciated;
- the contact number or email address of the donor; and
- the reason why there is a need for such a donation. This part is essential since this is manner with which this part is formulated would be determinative of whether or not a person would get the donation that he/she asked for. This part must be written in a persuasive tone without compromising the logical explanation of why it would be beneficial for the prospective donor to give aid to the cause of the person or organization asking for the donation.
Charity Gift Receipt Letter
Charities and donations do not fall off the tree. These are fruits of other people’s generosity and willingness to give aid without expecting any form of remuneration. That is why if you asked an individual or an organization to sponsor you or your organization, it is only proper that you bestow the same kindness to them by expressing your gratitude in a letter. This letter must be sent immediately after you receive the charitable donation made by someone.
FREE 3+ Common Ways Job Applicants Mess Up Their Cover Letters in PDF
FREE 7+ Tenant Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Thank-You Letter to Employees in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook
FREE 12+ Teacher Cover Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Sample Job Application Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 9+ Non-Engagement Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 3+ Sample Hogwarts Acceptance Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD
FREE 38+ Thank You Letter Templates in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | PDF
FREE 12+ Company Resignation Letters Samples in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 12+ Letter of Support Templates in MS Word | Apple Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 9+ Termination Letters in MS Word | PDF | Pages | Google Docs
FREE 9+ Sample Offer Letter Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Behavior Warning Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Doctor Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 8+ Job Applicant Rejection Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF