Signing a record contract is probably one of the most important things an artist or musician should do before anything else. This is to ensure that an artist gets what is rightfully theirs. There are essential elements of a contract that protects both the recording company and the artist.
A contract agreement is a necessity for every artist, whether you are a musician in a band or a solo artist. The 5+ music contracts available on this page will be useful to you. These contract templates are carefully crafted to fit every artist’s needs. You can click on the links below to download.
Sample Music Recording Contract Template
Music Band Contract Sample Template
Music License Sample Contract Template
Simple Recording Contract Template
Music Publishing Contract Sample
Sample Music Investor Contract Template
Music Producer Contract Template
Artist Management Contract
6 Contracts That Every Serious Musician Should Have
- Songwriter Partnership Agreement – When two people co-write a song, this is where a songwriter partnership agreement comes into place. This agreement means that both parties should have equal rights as well as equal compensation for that song.
- Co–publishing Agreement – Before a song is published, it should be made clear who has the publishing rights to it.
- Artist Management Agreement – This agreement is useful when an artist hires a manager. It is important for an artist to have an agreement before any work is done between the artist and the manager. The purpose of this is to protect both parties in case of any disagreements.
- Tour Management Agreement – Whenever a musician goes on tour, he or she can hire a tour manager to handle things like selling merchandise or arranging the meet and greet.
- Live Performance Agreement – A live performance agreement is typically provided by the venue where a particular event is held. This will protect both the artist and the people who manage the venue.
- Business Management Agreement – At some point, an artist or artists may need a business manager to handle business matters such as the distribution of pay to the right individuals.
Music Performance Contract
Music Video Contract
Music Artist Contract
What Should Be in Every Recording Contract?
- It is important to specify the type of project you are trying to make such as a music video, a song, or a collaboration.
- The most important part of every contract is the terms. This contains the body of the contract and defines the roles and responsibilities of every individual involved in the contract.
- A contract should also indicate the territory of a particular song or record. It should be specified where a recording company is allowed to sell a specific record.
- A contract includes the copyrights for every recording. The recording company who handles a particular artist typically holds the copyright of an artist’s records.
- A recording contract also includes details of the recording costs. A recording company usually shoulders these recording expenses but is reimbursed through the artist’s royalties.
- Speaking of royalties, an artist is granted royalties and are paid by the recording company with a fraction of the total record sales.
23+ Sample Employment Contract Templates – Docs, Word
18+ Sample Employment Contracts
17+ Employment Contract Samples, Examples, Templates
17+ Sample Employment Contracts – PDF, Word
20+ Employment Contract Samples
20+ Types of Employment Contracts
26+ Employment Contract Samples & Templates
14+ Consulting Contract Templates – Sample, Example & Format
13+ Consulting Contract Templates
12+ Consulting Contract Templates – Sample, Example, Format Download
19+ Consignment Contract Templates to Download
13+ Consignment Contract Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
18+ Advertising Contract Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
10+ Advertising Contract Templates to Download
17+ Maintenance Contract Templates – Pages, Word, Docs