Project work has always been a part of our life. Since we were students, teachers have asked us to do projects. When we grow up, we may be asked to do project works. In these cases, a contract is always needed. You will be surprised of the role of contract in business lawsuits. To avoid these legal implications, you must take these contracts seriously.
A project contract enumerates all the terms involved in doing a project. Because of its legal nature, all the essential elements of a contract needs to be present for it to be enforceable in court.
Sample Project Contract Template
Student Project Contract
What to Include in a Project Contract
A project contract needs to be put in place when doing project work. This not only applies to contractors but also to students doing a project. A project contract contains all the basic elements needed for a contract to be valid. When making a contract for the first time, make sure to include the items below.
- Names of the parties involved
- A description of the project that needs to be done
- Intellectual property
- Fees and expenses
- Contract termination
Types of Contracts Used in Project Management
Contract agreements are essential in any project work. There are, however, different types of contracts that are used in project management. These classifications of contract are based on the way payments are done on the project. Another related document you may be interested in is a development contract.
- Fixed Price Contracts – As the name suggests, there is a fixed price that must be paid for the project to be done.
- Cost Reimbursable Contracts – The seller will go on with the work and just bill the client after it is done.
- Time and Materials Contracts – The service provider is paid based on the amount of work done, sometimes called hourly rate.
Project Management Contract
Vendor Project Contract
Types of Contract Used in a Construction Project
- Unit Price Contract – Construction work often involves supplies and material used in the building process. This is highly recommended when there is a defined list of the items used in the project.
- Lump Sum Contract – In this type of contract, the construction company agrees to do the job for a fixed price. This is ideally used when there is a clear scope and timeline for the project, thus allowing for a good estimate of the total cost.
- Cost Plus Contract – This contract makes the client pay for all materials and labor that are expended by the construction company.
- Incentive Contracts – The company is compensated based on their performance and completion of project.
- Percentage of Construction Contracts – The compensation the construction company gets is calculated on a percentage of the total cost of the project.
We have project contract templates that are easy to use in this article. Be sure to consider using them when you need one. When doing project work in the entertainment industry, these freelance contract, music contract, and production contract would be useful for you.
23+ Sample Employment Contract Templates – Docs, Word
18+ Sample Employment Contracts
17+ Employment Contract Samples, Examples, Templates
17+ Sample Employment Contracts – PDF, Word
20+ Employment Contract Samples
20+ Types of Employment Contracts
26+ Employment Contract Samples & Templates
14+ Consulting Contract Templates – Sample, Example & Format
13+ Consulting Contract Templates
12+ Consulting Contract Templates – Sample, Example, Format Download
19+ Consignment Contract Templates to Download
13+ Consignment Contract Samples & Templates – PDF, Word
18+ Advertising Contract Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
10+ Advertising Contract Templates to Download
17+ Maintenance Contract Templates – Pages, Word, Docs