Project work has always been a part of our life. Since we were students, teachers have asked us to do projects. When we grow up, we may be asked to do project works. In these cases, a contract is always needed. You will be surprised of the role of contract in business lawsuits. To avoid these legal implications, you must take these contracts seriously.
A project contract enumerates all the terms involved in doing a project. Because of its legal nature, all the essential elements of a contract needs to be present for it to be enforceable in court.
Sample Project Contract Template
Student Project Contract
What to Include in a Project Contract
A project contract needs to be put in place when doing project work. This not only applies to contractors but also to students doing a project. A project contract contains all the basic elements needed for a contract to be valid. When making a contract for the first time, make sure to include the items below.
- Names of the parties involved
- A description of the project that needs to be done
- Intellectual property
- Fees and expenses
- Contract termination
Types of Contracts Used in Project Management
Contract agreements are essential in any project work. There are, however, different types of contracts that are used in project management. These classifications of contract are based on the way payments are done on the project. Another related document you may be interested in is a development contract.
- Fixed Price Contracts – As the name suggests, there is a fixed price that must be paid for the project to be done.
- Cost Reimbursable Contracts – The seller will go on with the work and just bill the client after it is done.
- Time and Materials Contracts – The service provider is paid based on the amount of work done, sometimes called hourly rate.
Project Management Contract
Vendor Project Contract
Project Contract Template in Excel
Types of Contract Used in a Construction Project
- Unit Price Contract – Construction work often involves supplies and material used in the building process. This is highly recommended when there is a defined list of the items used in the project.
- Lump Sum Contract – In this type of contract, the construction company agrees to do the job for a fixed price. This is ideally used when there is a clear scope and timeline for the project, thus allowing for a good estimate of the total cost.
- Cost Plus Contract – This contract makes the client pay for all materials and labor that are expended by the construction company.
- Incentive Contracts – The company is compensated based on their performance and completion of project.
- Percentage of Construction Contracts – The compensation the construction company gets is calculated on a percentage of the total cost of the project.
We have project contract templates that are easy to use in this article. Be sure to consider using them when you need one. When doing project work in the entertainment industry, these freelance contract, music contract, and production contract would be useful for you.
FREE 10+ Bakery Invoice Samples in MS Word | MS Excel | Pages | Numbers | Google Docs | Google Sheets | PDF | PSD | AI | ID
FREE 18+ Sample Business Contract Templates MS Word | Google Docs | PDF | Pages
FREE 14+ Renovation Contract Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 10+ Producer Contract Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 22+ Sample Business Contract Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages
FREE 10+ Validation Report Samples in PDF
FREE 17+ Real Estate Contract Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Compensation & Benefit Form Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 15+ Real Estate Purchase Contract Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ Landscaping Services Contract Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | PDF
FREE 10+ Best Executive Summary Samples in Google Docs | MS Word | Pages | PDF
FREE 22+ Employee Contract Templates in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs | Pages
FREE 35+ Contract Templates in MS Word
FREE 9+ Commercial Roofing Contract Samples in PDF | MS Word
9+ Freelance Contract Templates in Google Docs | MS Word | PDF | Apple Pages