A lot of people love to travel either locally or overseas. However, planning for a getaway trip can be a bit of a hassle; not only do they plan for their itinerary, but they also need to budget their costs and available income for their travel. Furthermore, buying tickets straight from airlines and reserving accommodation can be pricey. That’s why travel agencies exist to help travelers unload the burden of planning their trip. When travel agencies get new clients, they usually propose a contract to officiate that they are working for their clients to give them the best experience of their vacation trip. Read the article to know how to make a travel contract proposal.
10+ Travel Contract Proposal Samples
1. Travel Contract Proposal Template
2. Travel Agency Contract Proposal
3. Travel Management Contract Proposal
4. Corporate Travel Contract Proposal
5. Travel Contract Bid Proposal
6. Travel Services Contract Proposal
7. Travel Management Final Contract Proposal
8. Travel Contract Proposal Form
9. Travel Agency Business Contract Proposal
10. Athletic Travel Services Contract Proposal
11. Travel Contract Request for Proposal
Functions and Services of Travel Agency
The information below is the essence of what a travel agency is about:
- Travel Information: Travel agencies must provide necessary travel information to tourists.
- Itinerary Preparation: They always prepare an itinerary for tour packages.
- Airline Ticketing and Reservation: They also sell a lot of different tourism products; airline ticketing and reservation are the main products they sell.
- Tour Packaging and Costing: They also prepare tour packages from all over the world and sell them to tourists and travelers.
- Reservation: Travel agencies have linkage with the accommodation sector, transport sector, and other entertainment organizations. They can arrange to reserve rooms, and seats in entertainment programs, and transportation for their clients.
- Travel Insurance: This is much more common with large-scale travel agencies. They offer travel insurance to protect travelers and tourists from accidents and unfortunate situations during their trip.
- Currency Services: Some travel agencies provide currency exchange services to tourists.
How to Make a Travel Contract Proposal
1. Identify the Two Parties Involved in the Contract
In the first section of the contract, state who’s involved with the contract. Include the date, client’s and your name, and the name of your and the client’s addresses.
2. List the Services You Offer
The next section is where you give a detailed description of the services you offer and the resources needed for your travel services so that your client will know what perks they can get from the services. Here are some examples of typical travel agency services that are usually available:
- flight reservations
- car hire
- delivery service
- tour packages
- leisure travel
- special incentives
- travel accounting services
You should also mention what services or resources are not included in the contract so clients don’t have unrealistic expectations. If you have licenses, permits, insurance that authorize you to run a travel agency, include those in this section. This will help prove to your client that you are a legitimate business.
3. State the Costs of the Services
Establish an official list of the prices of every travel service you offer. The contract should also state how the clients will pay and list down the payment policy of your business.
4. State Your Cancellation Terms
Your client may their mind before the actual trip starts, or worse on the day of the trip. You need to protect yourself from those situations. Include in your contract your terms regarding cancellation; what terms will be agreed upon if the client cancels due to emergency reasons, or no reasons, or terms of rescheduling the trip.
5. State Your Terms Regarding Travel Arrangement
Your client may have a group of people in their time to avail your services. You need to be clear what your terms regarding your arrangement for your clients including who will be the group representative who will take care of legal matters (such as the signee of the contract), the services the client will obtain from you, stipulations regarding of hiring a designated driver/tour guide, and your rules regarding your client changing the members of the travel party.
6. Finalize Your Contract
Conclude the contract with signature lines where you and your client can write your name and signature and take note of the date when the contract is signed by both parties.
What are the four types of travel agents?
The four types of travel agents are retail, business, call center, and web-based.
What are the five main tourism sectors?
The five sectors of tourism are transportation, accommodation, food and beverage, recreation and entertainment, and travel services.
What are the eight tourism categories?
The categories of tourism are an adventure, bicycle, beach, atomic, cultural, ecotourism, geotourism, and industrial.
Once you’re done writing the contract proposal, make sure to review it first to see if there are any errors or wrong information. Negotiate it first with your client and reach an agreement before finalizing the contract where you both will sign it. To help you get started making the contract, download our free sample templates above to use as your guide!
FREE 11+ Sample Partnership Proposal Letter
FREE 9+ Travel Agent Job Description Samples
FREE 9+ Sample Travel Policy
FREE 8+ Fee Proposal Samples
FREE 13+ Sample Travel Proposal
FREE 10+ Travel Agency Proposal Samples
FREE 10+ Travel Services Agreement Samples
FREE 8+ Travel Management Proposal Samples
FREE 8+ Tourism Project Proposal Samples
FREE 14+ Travel Business Plan Templates
FREE 11+ Travel Budget Templates
FREE 11+ Travel Budget Templates
FREE 10+ Sample Travel Request Forms
FREE 10+ Tourism Marketing Plan Samples
FREE 10+ Field Trip Proposal Samples