Every individual has their own way of writing things. It could be a research paper, a cover letter, an essay, a resume, or an opinion about something. Although they may have the same purpose, they are written in ways that are unique to the writer. Our way of writing has evolved through the ages not only by the instruments used to have it done but also with the methods on how each word, sentence, and paragraph are brought together.
One method of writing that has been used and required by many people now is one-page writing. We will be focusing on this wonderful writing technique in this article. Samples and templates in PDF format have been provided to help you further understand what this method is and at the same time serve as your visual aid. You will surely find this topic interesting. You may also see article writing samples and templates.
Sample One-Page Essay with Commentary
Sample One-Page Final Report Project Summary
One Page Business Deal Summary Template
One-Page Contract Template
Sample One Page Marketing Plan
What Comes to Mind When You Hear about One-Page Writing?
As its name implies, it is something written on a single page. If you take it literally it would mean that you can only write something on a single page. But that does not really make sense because you can fold a paper many times and write a lot of different things on it, or you can use a smaller font to fit everything that you want to put in. It will still be a single sheet and no violation is done. It may sound as simple as its name implies, but seriously, writing a one-page sheet that is complete and efficient is not something you would want to look forward to. You may also like minutes writing samples and templates.
When writing using only one page, you will need to write only all the necessary and essential details needed. It may be about informational writing, application writing, or commentary writing. Sounds pretty easy, right? Of course, it’s better than having to submit a five-page research paper or essay. If you think about it, all the information in your resume are essential, but they won’t fit on a single page. Or your research paper ended up to be three pages long because everything is very important. This is where it gets difficult. How can you only write the important parts when everything is already important? It may seem impossible, but it has been done and that is through one-page writing.
One-page writing requires one to be very keen on details so that they will be able to distinguish which information should be on their work and which information just seems irrelevant. This method of writing is actually preferred over other methods because of the many advantages that it offers. It may seem difficult to write one at first, but with constant practice and a lot of determination, anyone will be able to write one. So, the next time you hear about one-page writing, what comes to your mind should be more than just a single sheet of paper. You may also check out essay writing samples and templates.
Why is One-Page Writing Preferred Over Other Methods of Writing?
There are many reasons why a lot of professionals prefer the one-page writing method and it is definitely not just because they want to make it difficult for a lot of people. If you must know, below is a list of the reasons why one-page writing is preferred over other methods of writing. You may also see business writing samples and templates.
1. It is straight to the point. Sometimes, in an effort to look and sound impressive in what we write, we tend to elaborate things to the point that we include unnecessary and unrelated information. Not all readers have the time to read these long passages, especially if they have a lot to read like application letters, resumes, and so on. One-page work allows one to directly get to the information that they need. You may also like letter writing samples and templates.
2. It only includes what is necessary and essential. You don’t have to tell a tale or give a detailed encounter of your experience. In one-page writing, you only write what is relevant and what makes sense and that is it.
3. It saves time. Because it is only a single page that writers and readers alike have to deal with, it is definitely a big time saver. You may also check out technical writing samples and templates.
4. One-page writing helps exercise one’s critical thinking skills. It is simply because it involves determining which among all the essential information are better than the rest that deserves a place in their one-page work. Trust me, it is never something easy. You may also see business report writing samples and templates.
5. It prevents the people from writing over exaggerated accounts of themselves or of other things. There are just people to write exaggerated stuff and there are also those who hate reading them. One-page work helps eliminate these kinds of work and allows them to be read by the readers without feeling biased toward the writer.
Other writing-related topics you may be interested in can be found on our website which also includes free samples and templates. Choose from a variety of topics, like expository writing samples and templates and discursive writing samples and templates.
One-Page Resume for Pharmacists
Basic One-Page Marketing Plan Template
HR Executive One-Page Resume
One-Page Business Plan Sample
One-Page Fact Sheet Sample
One Page Business Plan Template
Sample One-Page Animal Fact Sheet
How to Write a One-Page Article
It all may see difficult at first, but nothing is impossible with constant practice. There may be some part of your time used but there is definitely something worth it that you will gain. Instead of asking how difficult it is to write a one-page article, it is a whole lot better to ask how you can write one. If you really want to know, we have made a list of the steps below. You may also check out reflective writing samples and templates.
- Determine what your article is going to be about. This is actually one of the first things you will need to do before you write any type of article or work.
- Thoroughly research the topic you have selected. Use all the resources you can get your hands on, but make sure that they are reliable and are coming from a trusted source. You may also see speech writing samples and templates.
- While doing your research, take note of the things that you think are important. Write as much important details as you can that you think can help form your article.
- When you are done, review and study the information that you have gathered. This time, you need to select the most important and relevant information among the important information that you have gathered. You may highlight them or put them on a different sheet. This is the most difficult and time-consuming part of your work, but once you get through it, everything will be done in a breeze! You may also like book writing samples.
- After your thorough selection, you will need to start writing a draft or outline of your article. Take note of the required word count if there is any.
- After your draft or outline, proceed with preparing the sheet where you will write your article. Set the paper layout, size, and orientation; adjust the paper margin, font size, and font style. Follow the required format for your article. You may also check out application writing samples.
- Now transfer your article to this final sheet making sure that it does not go beyond one page. If it goes beyond one page, don’t change the settings but change some parts of what you have written.
- Check for spelling and grammar errors, as well as make the needed revisions if you must.
- Once you are satisfied with your work, you can go ahead and save. You may also see summary writing samples and templates.
The steps above should help you and give you an idea of what should be done to write a one-page article or just about any other one-page work. You may also check out other writing topics we are offering on our website, like argumentative writing, notice writing, and persuasive writing.
4+ Informative Writing Samples and Templates
Professional Letter and Email Writing Guidelines
27+ Requisition Letter Format
14+ Biography Writing Samples & Templates
11+ One Page Writing Samples and Templates
11+ Essay Writing Samples & Templates
10+ Business Report Writing Samples & Templates
9+ Marketing Writing Samples
8+ Application Writing Samples
8+ Persuasive Writing Samples and Templates
8+ Sample Script Writings
6+ Narrative Writing Samples and Templates
Quick Tips in Writing a Resignation Letters
Guidelines for Writing a Good Recommendation Letters
26+ Sample Sponsor Thank You Letters