At least once in your life, you will be asked to write a biography either for a school requirement or writing for fun. You may find it as a challenge but for sure, it will be something that will pique your interest as you will learn a lot about a person by writing a biography. You may also see free writing samples.
- Is this the first time that you are writing a biography? Do you need to refresh your memory on how to come up with a good one? We are here to help you out! We have a few guidelines that you can easily follow and we also have a couple of biography samples that would be great sample references to give you a good idea about what you should be including in your biography write-up. If you are ready to learn more about biography writing, then you should definitely keep reading this article. Let’s go!
Sample Professional Biography Outline Template
Biography Report Outline Template
Formal Biography Worksheet Template
Short Biography Outline Template
Personal Biography Outline Template
Sample Artist Biography Outline Template
Title of Biography Outline Template
Biography Report Outline Template
Sample Character Biography Outline Template
Biography Outline Template For Elementary Students Template
Biography Report Template
Basic Biography Example
Biography Example in PDF
Standard Biography Template
Printable Biography Example
Short Biography Template
Sample Student Biography Form Template
Sample Autobiography Template
Formal Biography in PDF
How to Write a Biography?
When it comes to writing a biography, it can be a fun and challenging task altogether. You might be writing a biography for a class paper or you might also be writing it to practice your writing skills. Once you already have a good idea about who you will be writing about, do an in-depth research about him/her and start writing the biography. You may also like biography report templates.
In this section of our article, we will let you in on a guideline regarding how to write a biography.
1. Researching the Subject of Your Biography
Research, when it comes to biography writing, is of high importance. You want to make sure that you will be able to get all of your facts straight and that you do not want to miss a single detail about your subject. Here are some tips on how you can make a proper research about the subject of your write-up. You can also check out useful writing templates.
- Ask for permission. You have to ask to make sure that your subject is okay with you writing about his/her life. You can ask permission in person by setting a meeting with your target subject or you can send a formal letter or email to the subject asking him/her to be the subject of your biography write-up. However, if your target subject is no longer living, you obviously do not need to ask for permission to write about them.
- Prioritize primary sources. Primary sources would include books, letters, articles, autobiographies, and of course, interviews. You can find written sources from the library and even the Internet. Research as much as you can about the subject. You may also see book writing samples.
- Interviews. When it comes to interviews, you have to make sure that you are able to interview the subject in person if possible. You may also opt to interview people who are close to the subject. Prepare your interview questions ahead and bring with you a device that is capable of recording the conversation that you have with the subject or people close to them. Do not be afraid to ask for multiple interviews until you get all of the information that you would need for your write-up.
- Feel the subject’s history. To gather a few supplemental information about the subject, you can visit some of the places that are relevant to the subject to get a better feel of his/her history. By being where the subject has been, you can get an idea of how the subject has felt. You can also check out speech writing
- Create the timeline of the subject. By making use of timeline templates, you will be able to easily map out what the chronological order of the events in the subject’s life is. You can highlight the year of big events or moments by using a timeline. You can check out Sample Biography Timelines to get a hold of great timeline templates that are high in quality.
2. Getting Started on Your Biography
Now that you have done your research, it is now time for you to start writing that biography. Check out the tips that we have for writing a biography.
- Write in a chronological manner. You should start with the subject’s birth and childhood, followed by teen years and adulthood. Make sure to focus on the subject’s most memorable moments and achievements during his life and include information about his/her death if the subject is no longer alive or what his/her future plans are should the subject be still alive. You may also like script writing samples.
- Start with your main idea. Introduce the subject properly. For example, your subject has made a great impact on lessening a community’s carbon footprint, you can introduce him/her like so:
- John Smith, an environmentalist, has successfully lessened Community A’s carbon footprint by 85% in 2009. Since then, he has led 20 more communities with lessening their carbon footprint and making the world more eco-friendly.
- Make use of flashbacks. Use the flashback as a means of successfully discussing the achievements that the subject had in the past. Flashbacks should be written in detail and should also discuss everything appropriately. If you are shifting from present-day setting to flashbacks, make sure that your transition statements make everything flow smoothly. You may also see summary writing
- Talk about the achievements and milestones. By talking about these things, you give your reader a sense of what was considered by the subject as important moments in his/her life, why it mattered to him/her, and how it affected his/her life. You can also check out essay writing
- Take a look at any pattern. More or less, when you start writing the biography, you will find yourself seeing a pattern in what the subject has done in order to reach what he/she has achieved.
- Include your thoughts on the matter. A short personal essay regarding the matter would be great to insert in your biography report templates. Reflect on the data that you have gathered and place your thoughts near the end of your paper.
3. The Finishing Touches
Now you are done writing the biography. Congratulations! But we are not yet done, though. We should review and polish our biography first before we turn it in for submission or publishing. Here are a few ways of how you can polish your biography paper. You may also like writing thank-you notes.
- Proofread. This should be the first thing that you do after you finish writing your biography. Print out a copy of your biography and mark any errors in spelling and grammar that you might find in your paper.
- Ask someone to give feedback. Who better to ask than your teacher or someone who is experienced with writing biographical write-ups, right? You can even ask a friend. Ask for feedback that would help to make your biography essay look better and sound better. You can also ask them to check any punctuation and misspellings as well as any grammatical errors that you might have missed. You may also see dos in writing your self-evaluation.
- References. Do not forget to acknowledge any references you might have. You can make use of APA paper format.
If you are finding that you are constantly rearranging statements, that is alright! If it makes your write-up look a whole lot better, then you should definitely do what you feel should be done.
One Page Biography Template
Mentor Biography Format
Sample Instructor Biography Template
Coaches Biography Template
Entrepreneur Biography Outline Template
Biography Paper Template
Sample Biographical Essay Template
So there you have it! Whether you are writing your biography essay for a school requirement or if you are a budding author, writing a biography sample timeline template should be done with utmost care and with patience. You are telling another person’s story, so you want to make sure that you are able to present accurate and factual information. It also has to be fun and engaging to make it an interesting read for your audience. This way it will also make it more memorable to the reader.
8+ Sample Artist Statements
7+ Sample Company Profile Samples
7+ Sample Accounting Balance Sheets
7+ Sample Company Profiles
6+ Sample Child Funeral Program Templates
How to Write a Petition Guide?
How to Write an Application Letter for Employment
35+ Printable Obituary
29+ Sample Cover Letter Example Templates
26+ Free Obituary Templates
14+ Death Notice Samples & Templates
9+ Resume Writing Samples & Templates
9+ Sample Blank Resumes
8+ Sample Career Timeline
7+ Personal Essay Examples