There is a multitude of tasks that one has to accomplish after losing a loved one. Organizing a funeral service, writing a funeral program, and even publishing an obituary are such cumbersome tasks that you could almost want to wish away these practical affairs to never bob their ugly heads in your funeral tasks list.
That is why, to make things easier for you, we are providing you with a variety of obituary templates that you may use as your reference. Moreover, for your other funeral planning needs, our website holds numerous collections of funeral program templates, funeral service lists, etc.
Sample Obituary for Child
Obituary for Child Sample
Obituary for Adopted Child
Obituary for Mother
Obituary Template for Died Mother
How to Write Obituary for Mother
Obituary for Mother Example
Memorial Obituary Examples
Elegant Memorial Obituary
Legacy Memorial Obituary
Memorial Obituary Sample
The Main Differences between a Newspaper Obituary and a Funeral Program Obituary
In essence, a newspaper obituary and a funeral program obituary contain more or less similar information. There are however some key characteristics that set the two apart and those are the following:
- Length: A funeral program obituary is usually lengthier as compared to the newspaper one. This is because you need to pay for each word in the newspaper obituary while in the funeral program, you need not bother with the number of words and sentences you incorporate in it.
- Freedom to customize: When you are writing an obituary for a newspaper, you have to arrange the information in such a way that it fits the format suggested or required by the newspaper company; whereas, if you are to write an obituary for a funeral program, the sky is the limit when deciding on the format, layout, and even the type of content you want to include. Indeed, you can even incorporate photos, songs lyrics, or poems that have greatly touched the deceased.
- Number of writers: The newspaper obituary is usually written by one person. The funeral program obituary is, however, a different case as there can be a lot of individuals who can pitch in. A funeral program obituary can compose of statements from different individuals whose lives have been touched by the deceased.
- Tone: Due to the more informative purpose of the newspaper obituary, the tone of this type of obituary is usually formal and dry. It contains less emotions as its primary objective is to inform the public regarding the details of the death as well as the details of the funeral service. Meanwhile, a funeral program obituary can assume a less formal tone. It doesn’t even have to be gloomy and dolorous. In fact, this type of obituary can be a fun piece of literature to read as the writer or writers of it have the liberty to narrate the funny or silly moments that they have shared with the deceased.
In order to know more about the difference between these two types, check out samples of newspaper obituary templates and obituary program templates such as the ones we have on this page.
Christian Obituary Examples
Best Christian Obituary
Free Christian Obituary Template
Death Obituary Form
Sudden Death Obituary
Basic Death Obituary
Newspaper Obituary Template
Newspaper Death Obituary
Newspaper Obituary Format
Newspaper Obituary Example
Newspaper Obituary Thank you
How to Write a Newspaper Obituary?
When you have lost someone who is so dear to you, be it a spouse, a sibling, or a parent, you can barely gather the energy to become objective and formal when dealing with practical matters that inherently follows a modern-day death. That is why it is understandable how you may find it difficult to craft a formal and terse newspaper obituary. Indeed, the magnanimity of your deceased loved one’s life cannot possibly be encapsulated in a few brief sentences. However, writing a newspaper obituary is an inconvenience that you cannot avoid. To help you in writing a formal newspaper obituary, here are some guidelines you can follow:
- Ask the newspaper company regarding their preferred format, size of the article, and number of words.
- Gauge the tone of writing that is commonly used by the newspaper company by reading their previously published obituary articles.
- Gain newspaper obituary ideas from the wide collection of sample obituaries you can find on the Internet. If you want, you can refer to our death obituary templates on this page.
- Follow the most basic layout of writing obituaries by including these elements:
- statement of the name, age, time, and cause of death
- statement of the most apparent characteristic of the deceased
- details of the funeral service
- Maintain a formal tone.
- Keep your writing simple and informative.
Funeral Home Obituary
Funeral Program Obituary
Free Funeral Obituary
Obituary Event Card Brochure
Obituary Brochure Sample
Why Include an Obituary in a Funeral Program?
A funeral program is the document that contains details of a funeral service. Logically, when you think about it, you would expect that a funeral program must merely comprise of an outline of the activities and rituals to be performed during the funeral service and the persons involved in it. However, there is a reason why one must include additional sections in a funeral program such as the following:
Below are some of the reasons why an obituary is an essential fixture in a funeral program:
- A funeral service can draw individuals who are merely acquaintances with the the deceased. Thus, an obituary can better help them understand the significance and character of the deceased.
- In a way, an obituary can help set the tone of the entire funeral service as it can provide the guests to better empathize with the pain of the close family and friends of the deceased.
To see for yourself how significant an obituary is to the funeral program’s effectivity in making the funeral service or memorial a smooth-sailing event, check out our collection of funeral obituary templates on this page.
Short Obituary Writing
Obituary Service Outline
Obituary Writing Format Template
Funeral Obituary Program
Free Obituary Program
Obituary Templates for Father
Funny Young Father Obituary
Funeral Program Template for Father
Obituary Template for Father in PDF
Blank Obituary Program in PDF
Blank Obituary Form
Blank Short Obituary
Blank Obituary Service Form
How to Write a Funeral Program Obituary
Here are some tips that can help you write a beautiful and moving funeral program obituary:
- Invite other individuals who are close to the deceased to write their heartfelt regard for the deceased.
- Don’t be afraid to assume a whimsical, silly, and even a witty tone.
- Narrate the incidents that perfectly encapsulates the nature and character of the deceased.
- Incorporate photos, songs, poems, even excerpts from novels, and movie quotations that the deceased enjoyed so much or constantly refer to during conversations.
- Describe the achievements of the deceased, his/her principles, and scope of influence on other people.
To know more about writing obituaries, download our collection of printable obituary templates.
10+ Sample Commercial Lease Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
8+ Sample Commercial Lease Agreements – Word, PDF
8+ Fault Tree Templates – PDF, Excel, Word
11+ Sample Accident Report Templates – PDF, Word, Pages
12+ Sample Home Inspection Reports – Docs, Word, Pages
53+ Contract Agreement Templates – Pages, Docs
10+Trip Report Templates – Word, Docs, pages
20+ Sample Trip Reports – Word, PDF
15+ Monthly Report Templates – Docs, Pages, Word
37+ Sample Proposal Templates – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
20+ Management Samples – PDF , Word, Docs, Pages
5+ Sample Car Lease Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
8+ Car Lease Agreement Templates – Word, PDF, Pages
7+ Car Lease Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
17+ Sample Buy Sell Agreement Templates – Word, PDF, Pages