Sales letters are meant to persuade the reader or the recipient to buy or purchase a specific product. These are typically written whenever a salesperson is not present. They are usually addressed to one person or to an organization.
Sales letters are commonly used by new companies who are offering a certain product or by established companies who are offering new products and services. These letters can be tricky to write as there are a lot of things to consider. Luckily, there are a lot of sample sales proposal letters that you can use as a reference for writing one for your company.
However, to make it more convenient for you, we will give you a few tips plus samples of sales letters right on this very page. Read on and find out what we have in store for you.
Sample Advertising Sales Letter Template
Sample Letter of Encouragement to Sales Staff Template
Product Sales Proposal Letter in Word
This is a great example of a sales letter intending to let someone know of a new product in the works.
Tips for Writing a Sales Letter
Writing formal proposal letters for product sales can help to enhance the sales of the products you are offering. These letters can also help to run your business in a more efficient and effective manner without expelling too much physical effort. Creating these letters can be a very challenging task, but if written properly, it can prove to be worth it. Utmost care and carefully choosing the words to write is of great importance.
Here we have a few tips to help you come up with an effective sales letter:
- Put yourself in your customer’s shoes. This is probably one of the most neglected aspects of a good sales letter. Before you start writing your letter, you have to imagine yourself as the customer and what it is that you would like to know about a certain product/service.
- Format your letter properly. Sales letters follow a business letter format that is persuasive in nature. Basically, you will write an introduction, a body, and a closing paragraph. Just like the persuasive business letters found in our sample persuasive business letters, your introduction will let your reader know why the letter has been sent. The body is where your sales pitch will be found and the closing paragraph will summarize what you are offering and ask your customer to grab the opportunity of availing the product.
- Make it easy to comprehend. Use simple and straightforward language to make it easier for your readers to grasp your point. Blocks of paragraphs will make your letter seem lengthy, which can, in turn, make your readers uninterested in pushing through with reading your sales letter. Instead, make use of bullets and lists as well as short sentences. Just make sure to make it sound as flawless as possible.
- Grab the reader’s attention. Headlines are your best friends for sales letters. A few sentences that present relevant information about the product will suffice. This can be very tricky as your headline will define whether your letter is worth reading or worth throwing in the bin. Try to write as many headlines as possible and pick out the best one from your list.
- Keep your readers interested with your offer. Every part of your letter is crucial. To make your letters even more persuasive, you should make sure to bring life to your letters by slowly building up to the main purpose of the letter. In this case, it is to have the customer be interested in purchasing your product.
- Let the readers know what they can benefit from your product/service. This should answer the customer’s question, “What’s in it for me?” When it comes to selling items, your customer will actually not buy the product just because of the product itself but because of the benefits that they can get from purchasing the product.
- Persuade your reader to take action. You can address this by telling them what it is that they need to do once you have captured their interest. Give them a call to action by instructing them to give you a call or send you a message on your email or social media platforms. You may also ask them to visit your location or website and fill out product order forms for when they want to purchase your product. Encourage them to make the action right away by giving the impression that the need for the product is urgent.
Once the customer has purchased the product, you may ask them to rate the product accordingly. This can be done by making use of product survey templates, which should ask the appropriate questions regarding product satisfaction or dissatisfaction.
Helpful Samples for Sales Letters
We have a massive collection of samples that are helpful for coming up with a well-written sales letter and other documents that may be useful for when your customers are ready to purchase your product, as well as documents that are useful for making appropriate changes to make your products more attractive to other markets.
Persuasive Essay Business Letter Format
This sample sales letter intends to persuade the reader to keep reading and find out what the offer is all about.
Standard Short Sales Proposal Letter
This sales lettes is shot in nature. Despite it being a proposal letter, this can still help you create a brief and concise sales letter to be distributed to your customers.
Custom Product Order Form
This custom product order form sample can be used in coming up with an order form that would be appropriate for the products you are offering. You may opt to upload this to your website or have printed copies ready for your customers to fill out.
Customer Product Survey Template
This sample survey form can be used to collect relevant feedback from your customers regarding the product they purchased from you. Through this document, you can definitely make proper adjustments and other marketing strategies to help make your products more salable to a wide variety of markets.
FREE 3+ Distribution Agreement Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 2+ Multi Society Immigration Letter Samples in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ School Excuse Letter Samples & Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 12+ Donation Acknowledgement Letter Samples in MS Word | Google Docs | Pages | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Job Application Letter Samples for Accountant in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 8+ Job Application Letter Samples for Employment in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 10+ Debt Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 15+ Landlord Letter Samples in MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook | PDF
FREE 6+ Sample Camp Counselor Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Sample Faculty Position Cover Letter Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 4+ Internship Letter of Interest Samples [ Medical, Counselling, Summer ]
FREE 10+ Credit Dispute Letter Samples [ Card, Inquiry, Bureau ]
FREE 3+ Sample Proposal Letters for Funding in PDF | MS Word | Google Docs
FREE 5+ Sample Bid Proposal Letters [ Construction, Rejection, Acceptance ]
FREE 6+ Sample Construction Proposal Letters [ Project, Church, Building ]