A company’s success does not only rely with its operations but also on how their products and services are perceived by potential consumers. Branding and marketing are both very important factors to consider if you want to achieve success in the business.
The two abovementioned factors that can give positive effects to a business can only be done if all the marketing collaterals are cohesive and can make your products and services be known as a solid “brand.” With the help of graphic designers, these goals are easy to achieve.
This article contains information about the job of people in the graphic design business. For other job functions that you are interested in knowing, we have a variety of Job Description Samples.
Web & Graphic Designer Job Description
Job Description for Graphic Design Internship
Freelance Graphic Designer Job Description
Multimedia Graphic Designer Job Description
Digital & Graphic Designer Job Description
Graphic design is the means by which communication through visual interpretations are done. It is mainly used to give identity and uniqueness to a certain cause, brand, or information relation. There are many ways on how a graphic design can be made, but graphic designers usually use the following:
- Typography. The use of letters and applying certain techniques to be more appealing and striking when viewed. It is a requirement that the words must still be readable even if certain art forms are already applied into it.
- Sketch or Illustration. Visual artists and art majors with the gift of creating images with the help of their hands will do good in this area. It is mainly a visual interpretation of how the artist see things or how they want to express themselves.
- Photography. As the word suggests, photographs is the main point in this graphic design tool. Various cameras may be used like digital or film to produce the product needed.
As you may have noticed, these three are all eye-catching and can have a grasp of the viewers’ attention easily. The main objective of graphic designers is to be able to execute them properly and on how their clients want them to be used.
You may read through Sample Graphic Designer Resumes so you would know the skill sets needed for this kind of job.
Executive Graphic Designer Job Description
Marketing Graphic Designer Job Description
Graphic Designer & Marketing Coordinator Job Description
Senior Graphic Designer Job Description
Junior Graphic Designer Job Description
The main job of graphic designers are as follows:
- Create branding that will set a person or a company from its competitors
- Formulate concepts that are visually pleasing either through the means of a software and computer or using their hands.
- Be able to express the ideas that their clients wanted to see in their designs
- Produce graphic works that are informative, descriptive, and good-looking
- Develop layouts and overall design of a certain project
- Come up with graphic design outputs for websites and company needs like invitations or logos
- Know the proper items to be used in a graphic design like the size of texts, fonts, the kind of material to be used and the overall impact of the final products
- Know the target audience or clients of their clients
- Finalize visual concepts and make sure that they are polished and are usable
Graphic designs that are produced by these type of designers are mainly used for brochures, websites, templates, company banners, marketing materials, advertisements, and magazines to name a few.
To know more about the job in Web design, which is one of the popular graphic designer jobs, Web Designer Job Description Samples are available for viewing and download.
FREE 12+ IT Intern Job Description Samples in PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Software Developer Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 9+ Sample Software Engineer Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 9+ Human Resource Management Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Human Resources Director Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ Sample Human Resource Job Descriptions in MS Word | PDF
FREE 11+ Sample Human Resources Job Description Templates in PDF
FREE 10+ HR Payroll Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 14+ HR Director Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ HR Intern Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 10+ Sample HR Coordinator Job Description Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 15+ Sample HR Manager Job Descriptions in PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Treasurer Job Descriptions in MS Word | PDF
FREE 6+ Environmental Engineer Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 8+ Construction Worker Job Description Samples in MS Word | PDF