There are various reasons why people sign up for memberships in certain organizations, leagues, sports, clubs, and other purposes. One, they get to take advantage of perks such as merchandise freebies, product or service payment discounts, free mentoring, career development opportunities, getting to know people in the same industry, and many others. As a head of an organization that allows for memberships, you should have an application form that you can use for your incoming members to fill out and for your current members to update their status and information. In this article, we will discuss the importance of membership forms and how you can make one for yourself.
FREE 50+ Membership Application Samples
1. Membership Application Template
2. Membership Application Letter Template
3. Membership Application and Payment Information
4. Basic Membership Application
5. Architect Membership Application
6. Membership Application Example
7. Internal Revenue Service Advisory Council Membership Application
8. Printable Membership Application
9. Membership Application and Facility Agreement
10. League Membership Application
11. Formal Membership Application
12. Individual Membership Application
13. Cadet Membership Application
14. Field of Membership Internet Application
15. Tennis Membership Application
16. Simple Membership Application
17. Official Membership Application
18. Home Care Guest Membership Application
19. Membership Application For Post Training
20. Membership Application Long Form
21. Draft Membership Application
22. Agency Membership Application
23. Full Membership Application
24. Membership Locker Rental Application
25. Sick Leave Pool Membership Application
26. Secure Bike Room Membership Application
27. Corporate Membership Application
28. Resident Membership Application
29. Council Membership Application
30. Student Membership Application
31. Membership Application for Appointment
32. Facility Membership Application
33. Life Membership Application
34. Membership Application Form
35. Association Membership Application
36. Membership Application Checklist
37. Advisory Committee Membership Application
38. Retired Membership Application
39. In-Training Membership Application
40. Organizational Membership Application
41. Committee Membership Application
42. Master Membership Application
43. Law Student For Affiliate Membership Application
44. Membership Application For Non-Transmission Facilities Owner
45. Positional Membership Application
46. Recreation Center Membership Application
47. Membership Application Format
48. Robotics Membership Application
49. Safe Child Council Membership Application
50. Partner Membership Application Form
51. Membership Application Renewal Form
What Is a Membership Application Form?
A membership application form is a type of document that allows clubs and organizations to gather information about their prospective members. The application form may ask for a person’s personal and contact information, work information (work experience, company details, job description), hobbies, skills, and whether they have undergone training for a certain position or job. An application form also contains legal-related questions to ensure that the member has no pending case in court or hasn’t committed any administrative or criminal offenses.
How To Make a Membership Application Form?
Do you want to make an application form for your club, team, agency, organization, or league? We have provided some steps that you can follow if you decide to create your own form in an instant. Read further below to find out more.
1. Choose Your Tool
Before creating your form, it is best that you pick out the materials that you need to use first. For those who need time management and still be able to go about their usual daily schedule, it would be advisable to get a template. A premade template contains preformatted and prewritten contents, so all you have to do is fill out the blanks or edit some of its contents accordingly. But, if you want to save money, you can always create your form using word processing software with basic to advanced text formatting features.
2. Make a Layout
Next, proceed to the main task starting with the layout of your form. When making a layout, it is recommended that you divide categories into sections. Make sections for personal information, membership category, membership dues, payment terms, benefits, educational background, and other information that you may deem necessary to include in the form. Of course, do not forget to provide white spaces between the lines so that it will be easier for your applicants to read and understand the content.
3. Include Instructions
Before signing up for the membership, your applicants should know what they are expected to do. That is why you should include instructions that will serve both as a reminder of their obligations to the organization and of the protocols, house rules, or terms and conditions that they should observe and follow. In the instruction, you can also include information on penalties or sanctions for disobedience, delayed membership payments, unprofessional behavior, uninformed resignation, and many other offenses. You can use the back end of your document for this one.
4. Include an Acknowledgment
To make sure that the applicant understands and affirms their commitment to the organization, you need to include an acknowledgment stating their agreement. You can either make a simple statement or be more specific by including a different section where they can certify that all the facts provided by them are true and correct.
Why should I make a membership application form?
If you are operating a club or organization, you want your members to sign up without hassle, and that is why you need a membership form from the get-go. Of course, you want to know your members better by going through their applications and being able to keep records of them which you can use when making decisions or activities for the club or organization.
Who uses membership application forms?
Industries that use membership application forms are retail stores, groceries (for their loyalty reward cards), government agencies (for benefits), school organizations, professional clubs, real estate agencies (for those who want to be brokers), hobby organizations, and many others.
What are some benefits that I may get from joining a sports club?
If you want to become a member of a sports club, some of the benefits that you might get may include free coach training, discounts on merchandise, free tickets to any match or tournaments, being able to meet up with key personalities and celebrities in the world of sports, and so many others.
There are many reasons why you should make a membership application form such as consistent and efficient data tracking or gathering, smoother membership process, and speed up the growth of your organization or club. To make an effective membership application form, you will need a tool that you can use at any time as well as reproduce for later use. Download our editable and printable templates by accessing our website and browsing our gallery.
FREE 10+ Church Directory Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Roster Form Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Student Form Samples in PDF
FREE 5+ Sample Industry Contract Templates in PDF
FREE 10+ Sample Fire Service Application Forms in PDF MS Word
FREE 10+ Cooperative Proposal Samples [ Business, Project ...
FREE 9+ Sample Transfer Letter Templates in PDF MS Word ...
FREE 8+ Gym Contract Samples in PDF MS Word | Google Docs ...
FREE 7+ Charity Commission Application Form Samples ...
FREE 5+ Sample Membership Resignation Letter Templates in PDF ...
FREE 10+ Charity Donation Form Samples & Templates in MS Word ...
FREE 10+ Customer Service Form Samples in PDF MS Word ...
FREE 10+ Real Estate Registration Form Samples in MS Word ...
FREE 10+ Nonprofit Agreement Samples in MS Word Google Docs ...
FREE 8+ Sample Vendor Registration Forms in MS Word PDF