What is a certificate? A certificate template is a document that is used as proof of something or to attest that something is true or genuine. Certificates contain different information depending on what type of certificate it is going to be used for. Certificates can also be used for awards as proof that someone has achieved something worth awarding.
In this article are 28+ sample award certificates that can truly help you with your certificate needs. Each sample is carefully designed and crafted to fit your every need. These samples are available online and you can download as many copies as you want.
Award Certificate Template
Modern Award Certificate Template
Excellence Award Certificate Template
Volunteer Award Sample Certificate Template
Winner Award Sample Certificate Template
Sample Training Excellence Award Certificate Template
School Award Certificate Template
Academic Sample Excellence Award Certificate
Employee of the Month Award Certificate Template
Dance Award Certificate Template
Creative Citizenship Award Certificate Template
Sample Loyalty Award Certificate
Sample Player Award certificate Template
Sample Sportsmanship Award Certificate Template
Sample Art Award Certificates
Art Award Certificate PDF
Visual Art Award Certificate
Achievement Award Certificates
Science Achievement Award Certificate
Safety Achievement Award Certificate
Computer Achievement Award Certificate
Uses of Certificates
Why are certificates used? If you think about it, certificates are only pieces of paper with a bunch of stuff and are mostly typewritten and unreadable, especially if it is one from before computers were made. And when it comes to the worst, they even lack a lot of information. Read on to know what certificates are used for.
- A school certificate is one of the requirements for a job application. It will serve as proof that you have studied in that school and finished a particular course.
- There are seminars and workshops that provide certificates. These certificates are often used as an individual’s ticket to be qualified for a certain job within an organization. It can also be a requirement for them to be legally allowed to perform a task.
- To prove the authenticity of a document, a certificate telling about its authentication is needed. Authentication is often required for birth certificates and other documents that will be used for legal purposes. This is to prove that they are true.
- Establishments or businesses need to post certain certificates to be able to do business, like their sanitary permit or certificate to operate.
Scholarship Award Certificates
College Scholarship award certificate
Scholarship Award Certificate PDF
Attendance Award Certificates
100% Attendance Award Certificate
Employee Attendance Award Certificate
Perfect Attendance Award Certificate
How to Make an Award Certificate
Need help on making an award certificate? Don’t fret because we’ve got you covered. We will show you the steps on how you can make your own award certificate. For more reference, you can download any of our sample certificates. Hey, we have made them just for you so you can always download and use them however you want.
- It is best if you use a layout or template that would be fitting to the type of award. You wouldn’t want a hula design or template for a basketball certificate award.
- If you prefer the old school certificate type, you can use a classic certificate template. It always looks elegant no mater what.
- Decide if you want your certificate to be handwritten or computerized. If you fancy the handwritten one, write as neatly as possible, or better yet hire someone to do it for you. If you don’t want to go through that trouble you can always have it computerized and printed.
- Select the material that you want to use.
- Put a margin that is the same size on all sides.
- Now for the contents. Write the title or heading for the certificate. It should be larger than the rest of the contents of your certificate.
- Use a font style that is attractive but at the same time readable. The Old English font style is commonly used in certificates.
- Make sure to include all the necessary details in the certificate, like the name of the award, what the award is for, the awarding party, the date the award is given, the place where it is given, etc.
- You can check other award certificates to see what other contents should be in an award certificate.
- Make sure to add the name and signature of the people who have approved the award.
Excellence Award Certificates
Blank Excellence Award Certificate
Employee Excellence Award Certificate
Service Excellence Award Certificate
Sample Employee Award Certificates
Employee of the Month Award Certificate
Best Employee Spirit Award Certificate
Employee Service Award Certificate
Recognition Award Certificates
Employee Recognition Award Certificate
Volunteer Recognition Award Certificate
Special Recognition Award Certificate
What Should Be Included in an Award Certificate?
Be sure to make a certificate that is complete as all of its contents are equally important. Missing any detail in a certificate might mean that it is not authentic, or you may be asked to get another one. That is why we make sure that we don’t miss anything in our printable certificates and sample certificates. We have listed the things that you should look for in certificates.
- The tittle or what the certificate is for
- The statement for warding or the description for the award
- The name of the award
- The name of the awardee
- The date the award was presented
- The place where the award was presented
- The name of the institution giving the award
- The people who approved the award and their signatures
- If it is a school certificate, the adviser’s name and signature is added
Why Is There a Need to Award Someone Who Has Made Achievements?
Everybody aims to be able to achieve something at some points in their lives. But these achievements don’t come easy and the opportunity for those achievements are not always there. With that being said, achievements are reached through hard work, perseverance, and a strong faith in oneself. This is the reason why we award people who have achieved something. These achievements may not always be awarded with money, trophies, or certificates, but the a simple gesture for their achievement would mean a lot.
Volunteer Award Certificates
Volunteer Service Award Certificate
Volunteer Award Certificate
Appreciation Award Certificates
Employee Recognition Appreciation Award Certificate
Teacher Appreciation Award Certificate
Printable Appreciation Award Certificate
Sample Sports Award Certificates
Generic Sports Award Certificate
Sports Participation Award Certificate
Sports Achievement Award Certificate
Tips on How to Create the Best Award Certificate
- Use traditional certificate style if you want your award to look classy and professional. These styles are usually used in school certificates for graduating students or for students receiving academic awards.
- Use themed award certificates based on what the award is for, like a beach themed award certificate for a bikini contest or an award for the best team in your summer outing.
- Use fonts that give style to your award certificate, but make sure they are readable.
- List down the contents that you should include in your award certificate.
- Design your award certificate in a way that the content does not appear crowded.
- Make sure to acquire the needed signatures for the people who gave approval to the award.
- Choose the appropriate materials to make your award look even more attractive.
- Avoid making any errors.
- Spell-check and proofread your work. It will save you so much embarrassment.
FREE 16+ Certificate of Excellence Templates in AI | InDesign | MS Word
FREE 26+ Certificate of Authenticity Samples in MS Word | PSD | PDF
FREE 25+ Sample Participation Certificates in AI | InDesign | MS Word | Pages | PSD | Publisher | PDF
FREE 60+ Sample Gift Certificate Templates in PDF | PSD | MS Word | AI
FREE 38+ Best School Certificate Templates in AI | InDesign | MS Word | Pages | PSD | Publisher
FREE 11+ Sample Volunteer Certificate Templates in PDF | PSD | MS Word | AI | InDesign
FREE 39+ School Certificate Templates in AI | InDesign | MS Word | Apple Pages | PSD | Publisher | PDF
FREE 11+ Gift Certificate Templates in AI | InDesign | MS Word | Apple Pages | PSD | Publisher | PDF
FREE 38+ Sample Certificate Templates in MS Word | PDF | PSD | AI
FREE 34+ Sample Certificate of Appreciation Templates in PDF | PSD | MS Word
FREE 9+ Sample Blank Gift Certificate Templates in PSD | MS Word | AI
FREE 6+ Sample Recognition Certificate Templates in PDF | PSD | MS Word
FREE 39+ Best Certificate of Achievement Templates in AI | InDesign
FREE 7+ Sample Funny Certificate Templates in PDF | PSD
FREE 4+ Useful Sample Death Certificate Templates in PDF | MS Word | PSD