What is a certificate? A certificate is an official document that serves as a proof that someone is who they say they are, like in birth certificates; or someone has done something, just like getting an award. Certificates are provided together with trophies when one joins and wins in a competition.
There are a lot of uses of certificates and the field of sports is not an exception. Sports certificates are awarded to athletes who have done excellent in their field of expertise. The 25 sports certificates in PDF in this article will surely be a great help for your sports certificate needs.
Sports Fitness Certificates
Certificate of Fitness
Certificate of Fitness Running
Sports Participation Certificates
Sports Gymnastics Participation Certificate
Baseball Certificate of Participation
Football Certificate of Participation
How to Make a Sports Certificate
The reason why sports certificates are made available for online viewing and download is so that it will be made easy for you to get access on such a precious piece of document. But if you prefer the hard way, you can still download these certificates and use them as reference to be able to make your very own sports certificate.
The steps provided below will guide you through the making of a sports certificate.
- The very fist thing that you should think about is what type of sports certificate you are going to make. You can use a sample award certificate for the awarding of winners, and there is also a certificate for appreciating the individuals’ participation in the said event.
- It is good practice to choose a certificate layout beforehand to make the entire certificate-making process easy breezy.
- A certificate can be made using a portrait or landscape orientation. While certificates in landscape orientation are usually used, you can still decide if you want it that way or not. There are no rules to how you want it done.
- You can make use of themed sports certificates or free award certificates that are available online for download. These themed certificates are now becoming popular because they are ready to use and easy to edit.
- Even with the availability of printers, there are still some who prefer making handwritten certificates. Handwritten certificates have an elegant and classic feel to them. Get help from people who are good at calligraphy if you decide to make it handwritten.
- Make sure to use a paper that is thick and durable so that our certificate will not easily crumple or be torn apart.
- Add a margin to your certificate so that it will look neat and framed.
- Add the rest of the contents of your certificate.
- Do a spelling and grammar check.
Football Sport Certificates
Football Award Certificate
Football Fan Certificate Sample
Football Participation Certificate
Sports Gift Certificates
Sports Jewelry Gift Certificate
Sports Gift Certificate Sample
Sports Achievement Certificates
Basketball Certificate of Achievement
Volleyball Certificate of Achievement
Softball Certificate of Achievement
Sports Champion Certificates
Sports Ladder Golf Certificate
Golf Sport Certificate
What Is a Sports Certificate?
Sports certificates are either given to athletes for their participation in a certain sports event or it could be awarded to them for winning the said event. Sports certificate serve as proof that the said individual has joined a sports competition and has won the said sports competition. It is a another way of appreciating one’s hard work in the field of sports. Sports certificate awards are provided together with trophies and monetary awards, which greatly motivates athletes to look forward to the next competitions.
What to Include in a Sports Certificate
- The title of the certificate or the heading
- The name of the person being awarded with the sports certificate
- A short statement about why the certificate is warded to such individual
- The date of the awarding
- The place where the awarding will take place
- The name of the organization giving the award
- The name and signature of the awarding body’s representatives
- The logo of the organization awarding the certificate
- The seal of the said organization, if there is any
Uses of a Certificate
Aside form being used as a sports certificate, there are definitely a lot more uses of certificates than what we are aware of and they are as follows:
- A certificate is used as a proof of one’s identity, just like a birth certificate.
- A certificate can be a medical certificate that is given by doctors to provide information on an individual’s health condition, especially when they claim to be sick and missed work. You may check out the contents of medical certificate in some sample medical certificates.
- A certificated can be an award certificate, which can be created using a blank award certificate, and is given to exemplary individuals as a token or sign of appreciation for what they have done.
Hockey Sport Certificates
Official Hockey Certificate
Hockey Award Certificate
Field Hockey Certificate
Sports Kid Certificates
Sports Kid Award Excellence
Sports Kid Swimming Certificate
Football Sportsmanship Award Certificate
Sportsmanship Appreciation Certificate
Soccer Sport Certificates
Soccer Sport Participation Certificate
Certificate of Soccer Achievement
Dos and Don’ts in Making a Certificate
Have you tried making a certificate before? If not, then here are the dos and don’ts that you should know about making a certificate.
- Do put a header or a title on top of your sheet so that you can easily determine that such a document is a certificate.
- Don’t write unnecessary things in your certificate.
- Do put a margin to your certificate to make it look neat and framed. This is optional, but it is definitely helpful.
- Do use one or two font styles in writing the contents of your certificate, but never more than that as it may look chaotic and untidy.
- Do put lines where they are appropriate and needed.
- Do write the name of the award recipient correctly making sure that there aren’t any spelling errors.
- Do write a value statement or a brief description on why the certificate is awarded. Make sure that it is complete with the date, the venue where the certificate is going to be awarded.
- Don’t randomly put the details just anywhere. Use a certificate template to determine where to put what so that your certificate will not look chaotic and unprofessionally made.
- Don’t use themes that are not appropriate for the type of certificate you will be making.
- Do take note of the names of the representatives who will be presenting the award as you will have to write their names on the certificate.
- Do have the certificates signed by the representatives before the awarding so that they can be actually given to the recipients on the said day.
- Do put the seal and the logo of the organization giving the award.
- Don’t forget to do a spelling check and grammar check on your work. Your certificate should look and feel professional in every aspect.
You might also find blank award certificates useful.
16 Sample Attendance Certificate Templates to Download
30+ Certificate Templates
19+ Sample Participation Certificates
36+ Sample Certificate of Authenticity Templates
17+ Certificate of Service Templates
56+ Gift Certificate Templates
8+ Performance Certificate Templates
30+ School Certificate Templates – Samples , Examples & Format
14 Baptism Certificate Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
21 Certificate of Appreciation Templates – Free Samples, Examples & Format
23+ Training Certificate Templates – Free Samples, Examples, Format
28 Microsoft Certificate Templates Download for Free
20 Sample Employment Certificate Templates
18+ Sample Marriage Certificate Templates to Download
9 Sample Printable Baby Dedication Certificate Templates