An award certificate is given to individuals or groups that have made exceptional achievements in various fields, like in competitions, politics, environmental advocacy, educational attainment, good conduct, and many more. There are just a lot of reasons why an award certificate is given.
In this article are 23+ blank award certificates that you can use however you want. These blank certificates will make it easy for you to edit and add other details that you wish to include in it. You can also download all 23 certificate templates anytime you want. They are available for download online. So don’t leave without downloading!
Blank Scholarship Award Certificates
College Scholarship Award Certificate
Academic Scholarship Award Certificate
Printable Scholarship Award Certificate
Service Award Certificates
Sample Service Award Certificate
Tips on How to Create the Best Award Certificate
Follow these useful tips to be able to create the best award certificate ever!
- Readable and classy font styles are ideal font styles that should be used in creating certificates.
- Add a boarder to give your award certificate a framed and professional look. Use a boarder size between 0.5 inches to 1 inch on all sides.
- Avoid spelling and grammatical errors by making sure that you have performed a spell-check and edited your work. This saves you from shame.
- Use a theme that is appropriate for the award.
- Don’t make your certificate look crowded. Arrange it in a way that it would look neat and tidy.
- Make a list of the contents so that you will know if you miss anything that should be there.
- Use high-quality papers or specialty board papers to add texture to your award certificate.
- Secure the required signatures for the award certificate. That would be the signatures of the representatives who will present the award.
- Avoid making errors, especially in the names of the awardee and the representatives.
- Draw lines where they are required, like those above a representative’s name where they put their signatures.
You can also take a look at our medical fitness certificates.
Achievement Award Certificates
Science Achievement Award Certificate
Safety Achievement Award Certificate
Computer Achievement Award Certificate
Attendance Award Certificates
Student Attendance Award Certificate
Printable Attendance Award Certificate
Blank Appreciation Award Certificates
Employee Appreciation Award Certificate
Teacher Appreciation Award Certificate
Free Printable Appreciation Award Certificate
How to Make an Award Certificate
- Start by thinking of the layout and the position of the contents of the award certificate. This will make your task easier later on.
- The orientation of your certificate is important. Decide if you wish to put it on portrait or landscape orientation. Use only one orientation for the award certificates you will be making.
- Use themed certificate templates to make your award certificate colorful and fancy-looking. Little children would be excited receiving an award certificate with their favorite cartoon character in it.
- Make use of one or two types of font styles in your certificate, but don’t use more than that.
- Hire someone who is good at calligraphy to write on your certificate if you want a handmade one. They are sure to make an elegant and classy work.
- Don’t like the idea of making a handmade award certificate? Then why not have it computerized or use a printable award certificate? There are a lot of templates and font styles you can choose from online. It will make your task even easier.
- A good-looking certificate needs to be written on good quality materials.
- Use a 0.5- to 1-inch margin size for all the sides of your award certificate.
- The heading and the name of the awardee of your award certificate should be larger than the rest of the contents.
- Compare your finished certificate to other certificate templates to make sure that you have not missed any details. Every detail in it is just as important as those in a medical certificate.
- Make it a habit to proofread and spell-check your certificate to save you from a lot of embarrassment.
Excellence Award Certificates
Academic Excellence Award Certificate
Employee Excellence Award Certificate
Service Excellence Award Certificate
Blank Employee Award Certificates
Best Employee Award Certificate
Employee of the Month Award Certificate
Employee Recognition Award Certificate
Parts of a Certificate
- The title is usually written at the top of the certificate to indicate what type of certificate it is. It is the main headline of the certificate. It can be written simply as Certificate of Appreciation or Certificate of Achievement.
- The description refers to why the awardee is the receiver of the said award. They are expressed in simple statements.
- The presentation line is the part that says, “is awarded to,” followed by the name of the awardee and all other details.
- The recipient is the name of the awardee.
- From is referred to as the person or the organization who is presenting the award.
- The date refers to the date the award is presented to the awardee.
- The signature refers to the signature of the representative from the awarding body who is there to give the award.
- The border in a certificate is optional, so it is not a loss if you don’t put one. But it adds class to a certificate and it is also commonly used.
- A logo of the company or organization giving the award is mostly included in some certificates.
- The seal refers to the gold sticker with a ribbon attached to it or the dry seal of an institution directly printed on the certificate.
Volunteer Award Certificates
Volunteer Service Award Certificate
Volunteer Recognition Award Certificate
Printable Volunteer Service Award Certificate
Membership Award Certificates
Membership Development Award Certificate
Sample Membership Award Certificate
What Are the Uses of a Certificate?
- Award certificates are used to show proof that an individual has finished with honors in school or an institution.
- Often in seminars or learning workshops, a certificate is provided as evidence that an individual has joined the activity.
- You need a medical certificate to go on leave from work if you are sick or hospitalized.
- You also need to present a fit-to-work certificate from the doctor as proof that you are free from illness or any diseases, especially if it is contagious.
What to Include in an Award Certificate
Don’t know what to put in your award certificate? Don’t worry because after all the explanations and the sample certificates we have provided, we wouldn’t leave out the part on what you should include in it.
- It is important that you make sure you have a heading or the title.
- Have an award statement added.
- Put the name of the awardee.
- Write what the award is for or what did the awardee achieve to get get this award.
- State the date, in month, day, and year that the award is given.
- Include the location of the awarding.
- Write the complete name of the person, company, or organization that is giving the award.
- Have the complete name, designation, and signature of the people who gave approval to the award.
55+ Printable Award Certificate Templates – Word, PSD, AI
37+ Best Award Certificate Templates – Word, PSD, AI, EPS Vector
36+ Award Certificate Templates – Examples, Samples & Format
19+ Sample Award Certificates – Word, PSD, AI, EPS Vector
31+ Award Certificates in Word
43+ Printable Award Certificates – Word, PSD, AI, EPS Vector
21+ Award Certificates Samples & Templates – Word, PSD, AI, EPS Vector
22+ Birth Certificate Templates to Download
15+ Best Birth Certificate Templates to Download
12+ Sample Birth Certificates
17+ Soccer Certificate Templates to Download
38+ Best Certificate of Achievement Templates
21+ Certificate of Conformance Templates
12+ Certificate of Achievement Templates
15+ Certificate of Excellence Templates – Samples, Examples & Format