During awarding ceremonies, the recipient of the award receives a medal or a trophy together with an award certificate. An award certificate is a piece of document that serves as a proof that the recipient of the award has achieved such achievement.
Traditional award certificates are carefully handwritten using blank parchment paper and framed with a simple border that gives it its classic and elegant look. Nowadays award certificates are made fancier and stylish with the use of different designs and templates that are now available online. Some would even use specialty papers and colored ink to make it look more attractive.
Award Certificate Template
Modern Award Certificate Template
Excellence Award Certificate Template
Winner Award Certificate Sample Template
Volunteer Award Certificate Sample Template
Academic Excellence Award Certificate Sample
School Award Certificate Template
Dance Award Certificate Template
Employee of the Month Award Certificate Template
Sample Training Excellence Award Certificate Template
Sample Loyalty Award Certificate
Sample Sportsmanship Award Certificate Template
Sample Player Award certificate Template
Scholarship Award Certificates in Word
Academic Scholarship Award Certificate
Blank Scholarship Award Certificate
Service Award Certificates
Customer Service Award Certificate
Community Service Award Certificate
10 Year Service Award Certificate
What Is the Difference between a Certificate of Appreciation and a Certificate of Recognition?
We often hear about the certificate of appreciation and the certificate of recognition, but do we truly know what they are? Let us go ahead and try to differentiate them.
A certificate of appreciation is awarded to an individual as message to convey one’s thanks or appreciation for the work that they have done. These awards are only given to deserving individuals. Companies or institutions usually award their employees with the certificate of appreciation to show their gratitude for working hard and being part of their company. A certificate of appreciation does not have a lot of words in it because it is intended to put on display for everyone to see.
A certificate of recognition or COR, on the other hand, is awarded to individuals who have developed certain programs about a specific thing or those who have made excellent undertakings. It means that a certain individual is recognized for doing something that is exceptional and something of value.
Achievement Award Certificates
Music Achievement Award Certificate
Lifetime Achievement Award Certificate
Attendance Award Certificates
100% Attendance Award Certificate
School Attendance Award Certificate
How to Make an Award Certificate
There are a lot of ways to make an award certificate, especially if you already know what the award certificate is for. One of the many ways is to download printable award certificates that are available online or the templates provided in this article. If you prefer to make your own, you can always use these sample templates as a guide when you make one.
Below are the steps on how you can make an award certificate.
- Think of the award you will make a certificate for or what the award is all about.
- Determine the layout of the award certificate that you will make. Choose a layout that is appropriate for the award.
- Choose between a portrait or landscape orientation. Whatever your choice is, just make sure that you only use one orientation for all of the certificates you will be making.
- Themed certificates are now popular and used in most award certificates. You can download themed award certificate templates or design your own to make your certificate look fancy and attractive.
- Decide if you want a printed certificate, a handwritten one, or a mix of both. A medical certificate is an example of a printed and handwritten certificate.
- If you decide to have a handwritten one, you can hire someone who is good at calligraphy. If you need to make a lot of award certificates, then it is best you have it printed for your convenience.
- Choose what type of paper you want to use for your certificate.
- You can use one or two font styles for your certificate, but not more than two.
- Once you have decided on that, you can now add the things that are needed on the certificate.
- Start with putting a margin of the same size for all four sides for a neat framed look.
- Proceed with adding the contents of the award certificate.
- Always proofread and spell-check your work to identify spelling and grammar errors.
Appreciation Award Certificates in Doc
Teacher Appreciation Award Certificate
Excellence Award Certificates in Word
Employee Excellence Award Certificate
Service Excellence Award Certificate
Sample Excellence Award Certificate
What Do I Need to Include in an Award Certificate?
Awards are given to people who made a difference or those who worked hard to achieve their goals. There are a lot of reasons why awards are given and they are as follows.
- Awards are given to people who join and won competitions.
- Awards are given to hardworking outstanding employees within an organization.
- They are given to people who have dedicated their lives in order to help others.
- They are given to those who finished their studies with honors.
- Awards are given because of the need to appreciate a certain good deed.
If you are a recipient of an award of any kind, you should check if they have the following information included in the award certificate.
- The heading or the title of the award on the certificate, just like what we see on the heading of medical fitness certificates.
- A brief statement or the value statement for awarding
- The name of the recipient of the award
- A description of what the award is about
- The date that the award is given or presented to the recipient
- The place or the venue where the awarding will take place
- The name of the institution or organization who is giving the award
- The name of the representative or representatives of the institution who gave the award and their signatures
Employee Award Certificates
Employee of the Month Award Certificate
Best Employee Award Certificate
Recognition Award Certificates
Special Recognition Award Certificate
Employee Recognition Award Certificate
Volunteer Recognition Award Certificate
Volunteer Award Certificates in Doc
Sample Volunteer Award Certificate
Tips on How to Create the Best Award Certificate
- An award certificate should look classy and at the same time readable. That is why you need to choose a font style that will not sacrifice quality for style.
- Adding a border is optional, but it gives your award certificate that professional and framed look.
- Say no to errors! It is best that you make it a habit to do spell-checks and proofread every work you make to avoid spelling and grammatical errors. Save yourself from shame.
- If you want to use themed templates, use one that is appropriate for the award.
- Choosing the right material for your certificate will make it even more attractive.
- Create a checklist of the things that you need to include in the certificate.
- Secure all necessary signatures that is required in the award.
- Make sure you get the names of the awardee and the representatives right.
- Compare your award certificate to other existing certificates or to sample certificates and make changes as needed.
15+ Certificate of Origin Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
16+ Sample Medical Certificate Formats
35+ Sample Certificate of Appreciation Temaplates to Download
14+ Gift Certificate Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
12+ Wedding Certificate Templates
23+ Training Certificate Templates
26+ Training Certificate Templates – Samples, Examples, Format
64+ Gift Certificate Templates
19+ Sample Printable Gift Certificates
31+ Certificate of Appreciation Templates – Samples, Examples & Format
35+ Best Printable Certificate of Appreciation Templates
19+ Sample Certificates of Appreciation
12+ Birth Certificate Templates – Free Examples, Samples & Format
40+ Sample Award Certificates – Word, PSD, AI, EPS Vector
7+ Sample Medical Certificate for Sick Leave