A log sheet is used for recording or keeping track of a lot of things. It could be for work and businesses, for exercise tracking, for delivery and equipment records, and so on. A logs sheet is not similar or the same as a marketing fact sheet. Marketing fact sheets only provide facts, but they are not used for recording and tracking.
Preparing for a log sheet may be similar to preparing a startup balance sheet as they both require a table with columns and rows to enter the needed information. Why prepare for a log sheet when you can download these 32 log sheets in PDF in this article? What are you waiting for? Download now!
Log Sheet Template
Call Log Sheet Template
Daily Log Sheets in PDF
Daily Work Log Sheet
Daily Time Log Sheet
Daily Weather Log Sheet
Driver Log Sheet
Truck Driver Log Sheet
What Is a Log Sheet?
A log sheet is one of the many pages that make up a log book. It is used to record and keep track of processes, whether it be for business or for other transactions. Some examples of log sheets are daily log sheets, equipment log sheets, maintenance log sheets, work log sheets, and parent communication log sheets. The importance of log sheets should not be underestimated because as records, they are monitored regularly to check for inconsistencies and illegal activities. They can also use it as documents or evidence in court.
What Is an Equipment Log Sheet?
An equipment log sheet is used to record and track equipment that are borrowed or used by employees within a company. These equipment are company owned and are intended for use in company-related transactions. The records are used to keep track of who borrowed what equipment and what they are going to use it for. It is also used as part of inventory if the equipment used requires supplies like paper, ink pens, pencils, clips, etc. A common example would be borrowing an LCD projector for a company presentation. An employee needs to log the date and time that they will be using the projector and the reason for borrowing.
Vehicle Log Sheets in PDF
Daily Vehicle Log Sheet
Vehicle Maintenance Log Sheet
Motor Vehicle Log Sheet
Maintenance Log Sheets
Equipment Maintenance Log Sheet
Maintenance Log Sheet for Generator
Pool Maintenance Log Sheet
Dos and Don’ts in a Log Sheet
- Do give instructions on how you want the log sheet to be filled out. This will help you establish a uniform log sheet that will make it easy to read and look for important entries.
- Do make use of standard instructions that are provided for handling errors, in case you commit a mistake or made alterations. Remember that errors are not allowed in log sheets.
- Do write clearly and concisely in every log entry you write so that whoever reviews or monitors your work will not get confused and end up misunderstanding your entry.
- Do use complete words and sentences when writing on a log sheet. Avoid abbreviations because not all people can understand them.
- Do consider previous entries and those entries that are not yours to a for-your-eyes-only information. It is not appropriate to make any changes to them no matter what. Only make changes to the entry you are currently working on.
- Do check other sample log templates or free daily log sheets to help you design and create your own log sheet.
- Don’t be careless when writing your entry on the log sheet.
- Don’t write anything without checking if you have the correct log sheet in front of you. Read and make sure that it is the correct sheet.
- Don’t leave any empty spaces or large blank spaces in your log entry as other people might write something fraudulent in your entry and you might end up getting in trouble.
- Don’t write entries on a log sheet, like in a time log, in place of someone else.
- Don’t forget to write you name, the date the entry was written, and the time on each of the entries you make.
Volunteer Log Sheets in PDF
Student Volunteer Log Sheet
Volunteer Log Sheet Example
Medication Log Sheets
Medication Count Log Sheet
Medication Daily Log Sheet
Activity Log Sheets
Daily Activity Log Sheet
Work Activity Log Sheet
Food Activity Log Sheet
Attendance Log Sheets
Employee Attendance Log Sheet
Attendance Log Sheet Printable
Sample Attendance Log Sheet
What Is a Communication Log Sheet?
A communication log sheet consists of information like name, contact number, email address, and physical address. In other words, a communication log sheet is where an individual’s contact information is stored so that they can be easily reached in times of emergency or when needed. A communication log sheet is often used a parent communication log sheet in schools, especially in preschools and kindergarten.
Benefits of Using Log Sheets
- A log sheet is used to record events or occurrences that are beneficial to businesses and other transactions.
- Entries that are logged in a log sheet are used to track and monitor daily activities as in a daily log, the time in and time out of employees, and logs of trips and deliveries done in a transport and delivery business.
- Provides the number of workforces present in a particular workday.
- It is easy to monitor sales in businesses with the use of log sheets as every sale will be recorded on it and kept as a record to be analyzed in the future.
- Helps in making the inventory process easy because a record has already been established. It is easier to know what happened to what.
- Free log sheet templates make log sheets that are readily available.
Cleaning Log Sheets
Bathroom Cleaning Log Sheet
Equipment Cleaning Log Sheet
Daily Cleaning Log Sheet
Call Log Sheets
Phone Call Log Sheet
Service Call Log Sheet
Construction Log Sheet
Construction Site Log Sheet
Delivery Log Sheets
Courier Delivery Log Sheet
Delivery Log Sheet Sample
Employee Log Sheets
Employee Time Log Sheet
Employee Training Log Sheet
Employee Daily Log Sheet
Equipment Log Sheet
Equipment Repair Log Sheet
How to Write Log Sheet
Instead of making your own log sheet, why not choose from any of the 32 log sheets that are available in this article?A log sheet template in word will definitely help you make your task easy. If you prefer doing your own, then you can use the steps that we have prepared below.
- Log sheets vary depending on how they will be used and for what they will be used for. Before you start making a log sheet, be sure that you know this. This will make everything else easy.
- Make a list of the components or contents that you need on your log sheet.
- Determine how many columns and rows are needed based on the components you have listed.
- Proceed with preparing for the paper or sheet you will be using for this log sheet.
- Add a title on top as an indication that this is what the log sheet is for.
- Put instructions on how you specifically want the log sheet to be filled out.
- Write the appropriate labels on the columns and rows as a guide on what information should be in that column or row.
- Enter what you need to log in the log sheet for the day.
Another type of sheet that you might find useful is a fact sheet.
FREE 10+ Evaluation Tracking Sheet Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Balance Sheet Reconciliation Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Split Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Pro Forma Balance Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Meeting Sign in Sheet Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 18+ Tally Sheet Samples and Templates in Excel | PDF
FREE 10+ Reference Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Note Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Commission Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Sale Sign Up Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Punch Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Term Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Attendance Sheet Format Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Employee Attendance Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 36+ Data Sheet Templates in MS Word | PDF