Some of the daily log uses are to monitor and record important events, incidents, or progress made by a certain establishment or work site. In jobs related to construction, it is where they record information about their manpower, weather, and materials. This is how managers and owners of businesses or establishments keep track of their progress.
Daily logs can be used for any type of recording needs. Creating a daily log can be time-consuming and confusing. But with these 26+ daily log templates that we have in word format, it will be easier. Save yourself the hassle and choose from these sample templates. Download now!
Daily Work Log Templates in Word
Construction Work Log
Printable Daily Work Log
Best Daily Work Log
Construction Daily Logs
Construction Site Log
Construction Daily Report Log
What Is the Purpose of a Daily Log?
If you are a manager of a certain establishment or the owner of a small store, you need to have a daily log with you. This is a useful tool for you to be able to keep track of what happened to, who did what, and where did what go. Well, if you don’t know about it or if you want to know more about how it is being used, then you might find the information below useful. You can also check Sample Daily Log.
- It is used to record important incidents that may be useful for work.
- Significant progress reports are monitored and recorded in daily logs to determine if the action used for the project is effective.
- Daily logs also help determine the manpower available for that certain day. This helps explain why production is high, sufficient, or low.
- A daily log can also help you create a picture of what is being done in a daily basis, like how time is spent on a specific activity or what time a delivery arrived, etc.
- A daily log can also help determine what time of day is most productive and what time is not. This can aid in the planning of daily activities.
Daily Activity Log Templates in Word
Physical Activity Log
Employee Activity Log
Activity Log Sample
Maintenance Daily Logs
Daily Equipment Maintenance Log
Daily Pool Maintenance Log
Hotel Maintenance Log
The Differences between a Daily Plan and a Daily Log
We often hear the words daily log and daily plan, but do we really know the difference between the two? Can they be used interchangeably? What if your work requires you to make a daily plan and a daily log, but you don’t know what they are? Don’t panic. Allow us to explain the difference between a daily plan and a daily log.
A daily log, as described above, is a document where you keep a record of the daily activities, incidents, progress, and findings of everyday work. It can be used to monitor and record daily activities that has been done in a shop, in a supermarket, in delivery, or in construction sites. Daily logs are also used to gather data about available manpower, weather, materials used, materials needed, etc. These data in turn are useful in analyzing sales trend, like what time of day is sales high and what time it is low. It can also be used as a source making studies about productivity. Information that is recorded in a daily log have various uses depending on how they are going to be used.
A daily plan on the other hand is about the details of what to do and what needs to be done on a daily basis. It is like organizing the activities that need to be accomplished on that day to meet a set goal. Unlike a daily log, a daily plan is not used for monitoring or recording day-to-day activities of a job. But the tasks that are planned in a daily plan will be recorded in the daily log to monitor if it is effective and if it is doing progress. If not, then the daily plan needs to be changed. Free Log Templates are also available.
Daily Exercise Log Templates in DOC
Daily Exercise and Diet Log
Daily Exercise Activity Log
Sample Daily Exercise Log
Daily Log Sheets
Swimming Pool Log Sheet
Maintenance Log Sheet
Vehicle Log Sheet
Employee Daily Logs
Employee Task Log
Employee Daily Productivity Log
What Is Daily Learning Log?
If a daily log records work-related stuff, like incidents, progress, and sales, a daily learning log records what an individual has learned in school. Learning logs are mostly used by school children. This is where they record their learning challenges, especially the challenges that are set by their teachers. Each learning log is unique as each child’s learning needs is different. Daily learning logs may contain visuals, like images, graphs, and charts. Research Log Templates are also available for download.
Uses of a Daily Learning Log
- It helps the learners become aware of how they think and do things, or their thought process.
- It aids the students to actively participate in the learning process.
- To allow students to gain insights.
- Helps students in problem solving and in formulating strategies to solve specific problems or difficulties.
- Through the use of daily learning logs, the children are encouraged to share what they have learned with their peers or their partners in the learning process.
- It helps the teachers easily identify learning deficiencies, which can help them determine the daily learning objectives with the children.
- The use of a daily learning log is not limited to students or children but for all learners regardless of age.
Patient Daily Log Templates
Patient Daily Care Log
Security Daily Logs
School Daily Logs
Daily School Counselor Log
Daily School Bus Inspection Log
Daily Cleaning Logs
Daily Restroom Cleaning Log
Daily Office Cleaning Log
Daily Pool Cleaning Log
How to Fill Out a Log Book
Have you seen or used a log book before? For those who have, filling out a log is an easy task. Log books come in different forms. They contain different stuff that are based on the needs or requirements of a company or establishments. They are often customized too. For those who have not yet used or seen a log book before, here are steps that can help you in the event that you have to fill one out. Please also see Action Log Templates.
- Familiarize yourself with the columns and rows of a log book. Remember that they are used and treated differently depending on what is needed.
- Know what information are to be added on each row or column. Different companies have their own way of putting in information in log books. Some use the full words and others use abbreviations.
- It is important to avoid making erasures or errors in log books. It might look suspicious if it is full of erasures.
- To avoid making mistakes, ask before you write anything. If you are still not sure, try using a pencil first.
- If you are ready, fill out all the necessary fields. Double-check to make sure that you did not miss anything.
12+ Sample Marketing Reports- Docs, PDF, Pages
14+ Sample Marketing Report Templates- Docs, PDF, Pages
28+ Sample Reports – PDF, Word, Apple Pages
18+ Sample Gap Analysis Templates – PDF, Excel, Word, Pages
10+ Sample Commercial Lease Agreements – Word, PDF, Pages
8+ Sample Commercial Lease Agreements – Word, PDF
8+ Fault Tree Templates – PDF, Excel, Word
11+ Sample Accident Report Templates – PDF, Word, Pages
12+ Sample Home Inspection Reports – Docs, Word, Pages
53+ Contract Agreement Templates – Pages, Docs
10+Trip Report Templates – Word, Docs, pages
20+ Sample Trip Reports – Word, PDF
15+ Monthly Report Templates – Docs, Pages, Word
37+ Sample Proposal Templates – Word, Apple Pages, Google Docs
20+ Management Samples – PDF , Word, Docs, Pages