Logs are useful documents that are used to list down information or data of certain processes and events. There are many types of logs that can be used such as a daily log. A daily log is used to record the tasks and events that have happened in a day.
Keeping a record of these logs is important for future references and is especially important in business. A log sheet is one example of a blank log that you can use to document data. If you need to download samples, the templates available on this page can be useful to you.
Scholarly Research Log
Log for Genealogy Research
Printable Research Log
Law School Research Log
What Is a Research Log?
A research log is a tool that is used to document information or data that you have searched, including the date that the research was done, the data that you have collected, and other relevant information regarding the research. A research log keeps a record of the research that you perform allowing you to have a reference of the websites that you have visited along with the details of the topics that you are searching for. There are various types of research logs such as a physically printed research log, an electronic research log, and an online research log.
How to Do a Research Log
The steps to do a research log are as follows:
- The first thing that you will need to do is to download a log template in PDF.
- Write the date when the research is done.
- Specify the location or place of the research.
- Write the name of the individual doing the research and the topic being researched.
- Indicate the purpose of the research including the items that you are specifically looking for.
- Provide a description of the sources that you have gathered based on the research that you have done.
- Write the document number and create a summary of the results.
A sample daily log is also available on this page should you need one.
Sample Research Log
Free Log for Research
Research Training Log
Database Research Log
Research Log for Family History
What Is the Purpose of a Research Log?
Creating a research log can provide a lot of benefits for the individuals doing the research. Here’s why a research log is essential when doing research work:
- A research log ensures that the research will be organized.
- It helps individuals in tracking and monitoring the research work that they are doing.
- It helps them outline the various sources of the information and data that they have researched.
- A research log helps in preventing double searches.
- It is important in identifying whether an information has already been found or not.
Guidelines for Creating a Research Log
To help you create a research log, here are some guidelines that you need to follow to ensure that you have an effective research log. The guidelines are as follows:
- Remember to always customize your research log to include elements and details that will be useful to you.
- Keep the design of your research log simple and informative.
- Constantly update and review the information written in the research log to ensure that all the information is accurate.
- Make several copies of the research log
Additionally, a free log template and a log template in word can be downloaded to help you outline your log.
FREE 5+ Sample Physical Therapy Evaluation Templates in PDF
FREE 10+ Business Analyst Samples in PDF
FREE 8+ Sample Billing Statement Templates in PDF
FREE 12+ Restaurant Budget Samples in Google Docs | Google Sheets | Excel | MS Word | Numbers | Pages | PDF
FREE 10+ Event Management Scope of Work Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Decision Matrix Samples in MS Word | PDF | DOC
FREE 10+ Deed of Charge Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 10+ Business Partnership Deed Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 10+ Property Deed Samples in PDF | DOC
FREE 10+ Mindmap Plan Samples in Word | Google Docs | Slides | Keynote | PPT | Pages | PDF
FREE 7+ Small Business Inventory Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Grant Deed Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ B2B Sales Strategy Samples [ Digital, Startup, Channel ]
FREE 11+ Sample Coat of Arms Templates in PDF | PSD | EPS | AI
FREE 8+ Passport Samples in AI | MS Word | Pages | PSD | Publisher | PDF