Logs are useful documents that are used to list down information or data of certain processes and events. There are many types of logs that can be used such as a daily log. A daily log is used to record the tasks and events that have happened in a day.
Keeping a record of these logs is important for future references and is especially important in business. A log sheet is one example of a blank log that you can use to document data. If you need to download samples, the templates available on this page can be useful to you.
Scholarly Research Log
Log for Genealogy Research
Printable Research Log
Law School Research Log
What Is a Research Log?
A research log is a tool that is used to document information or data that you have searched, including the date that the research was done, the data that you have collected, and other relevant information regarding the research. A research log keeps a record of the research that you perform allowing you to have a reference of the websites that you have visited along with the details of the topics that you are searching for. There are various types of research logs such as a physically printed research log, an electronic research log, and an online research log.
How to Do a Research Log
The steps to do a research log are as follows:
- The first thing that you will need to do is to download a log template in PDF.
- Write the date when the research is done.
- Specify the location or place of the research.
- Write the name of the individual doing the research and the topic being researched.
- Indicate the purpose of the research including the items that you are specifically looking for.
- Provide a description of the sources that you have gathered based on the research that you have done.
- Write the document number and create a summary of the results.
A sample daily log is also available on this page should you need one.
Sample Research Log
Free Log for Research
Research Training Log
Database Research Log
Research Log for Family History
What Is the Purpose of a Research Log?
Creating a research log can provide a lot of benefits for the individuals doing the research. Here’s why a research log is essential when doing research work:
- A research log ensures that the research will be organized.
- It helps individuals in tracking and monitoring the research work that they are doing.
- It helps them outline the various sources of the information and data that they have researched.
- A research log helps in preventing double searches.
- It is important in identifying whether an information has already been found or not.
Guidelines for Creating a Research Log
To help you create a research log, here are some guidelines that you need to follow to ensure that you have an effective research log. The guidelines are as follows:
- Remember to always customize your research log to include elements and details that will be useful to you.
- Keep the design of your research log simple and informative.
- Constantly update and review the information written in the research log to ensure that all the information is accurate.
- Make several copies of the research log
Additionally, a free log template and a log template in word can be downloaded to help you outline your log.
7+ Birthday Party Checklist Templates to Download
10+ Grant Budget Samples
9+ Grant Budget Samples
13+ Annual Budget Samples – PDF, Word, Excel
13+ Sample Annual Budget Templates – Word, PDF, Excel
8+ Sample Catering Quote Templates
19+ Sample Sales Proposal Templates – PDF, Word, PSD
11+ Sample Grant Proposals – Word, PDF, Pages
17+ Sample Grant Proposal Templates – Word, PDF, Pages
9+ Small Business Investment Samples – PDF, Word
6+ Sales Budget Samples
What Is Included in a Sales Budget?
10+ Website Design Proposal Templates – Word, PDF, Pages
13+ Travel Proposal Templates
8+ Technical Proposal Samples