What is a fact sheet? A fact sheet is a written document or a type of data presentation about the key points of something. Since it is about facts, everything that is provided in a facts sheet should be true and have basis, otherwise it would defeat the purpose of having a fact sheet and may cause serious trouble.
Making a facts sheet is not very hard to do. You need to gather information from a reliable source and lay it out on a sheet of paper. Well, there is actually a hard part and that is making it look attractive and worth reading. You can do that by downloading our facts sheet templates available here.
Project Fact Sheets
Fund Fact Sheets
Mutual Fund Sheet
What Is a Personal Fact Sheet?
A personal fact sheet is a brief summary of important information about an individual. These important information include their basic information, like an individual’s name, age, religion, and so on. Also included is the individual’s work history and experience, their educational background, skills, abilities, and characteristics. If you have tried making a resume or filled out an application form, then you should be familiar with the personal fact sheet template. They are used the same way as resumes are used.
How to Write a Fact Sheet Template
There are free fact sheet templates available for download online and some come in different formats. There are also some that are already printed and sold in bookstores. That being said, we have relied on those sources. So here is a little know-how on how to write a fact sheet template.
- Select the paper size and set the margin.
- Choose related but catchy picture for your fact sheet. If it is catchy and nice, a lot of people ill surely read it.
- Organize the important information on which one comes first and which one is last.
- Choose a layout for your fact sheet. Arrange it in a way that is easy to read and understand.
- Double-check for any spelling or grammatical errors.
Hotel Fact Sheets
Rest Detail Hotel Fact Sheet
Company Fact Sheets
Business Fact Sheets
Revised Business Plan
Business Continuity Management
Business Information Centres
Tips for Creating a Fact Sheet
With the availability of ready-made fact sheets or sample fact sheet, it is a wonder if there are still people who make their own fact sheet. Well, you actually don’t have to wonder because there are still lot of people who want to make their own fact sheet. They are those who want to make an impression or they could be those who want to make sure that get the job. If you are one of those people who still write their own fact sheet, then these tips are for you.
- Decide on an orientation for your fact sheet.
- A one-page fact sheet with just the essential information or the information useful for its purpose is the best kind of fact sheet. Although all of the information you may write are correct, it is more effective if you write the things that are related to how you are going to use the fact sheet.
- Your fact sheet should follow a layout that is appropriate for its use, like the margin, indentation, and spacing.
- There are certain layout standards for specific fact sheets. There are also some who would provide a particular layout for the fact sheet that they want you to create.
- Use a font size and a font style that is clear and easy to read. An unreadable fact sheet is next to nothing.
- Have your fact sheet in bullet form if possible.
- Do not exaggerate and always be honest when writing about yourself.
- Make references and and use reliable sources of information. Keep in mind that wrong information is harmful.
- Make your facts sheet colorful and attractive. Most of the time people tend to read things that look nice even if the content sucks. Wouldn’t it better if you make it look nice and interesting?
- Finally, spell-check and proofread. Trust me, it does amazing wonders.
Product Fact Sheets
Customer Fact Sheets
Event Fact Sheets
Event and Sponsorship
Job Fact Sheet
Job Capacity Assessment
What Is Fact Sheet of a Company?
A fact sheet of a company contains information about the company itself, their products and services, and many more facts about the company. Just like personal facts sheets, company fact sheets incur the company’s name, the president or the CEO of the company, the founder of the company, the business partners, the nature of the company’s business, their products and services, as well as information about how the company came to be. It is almost similar to a historical background but not. You can also check our Fact Sheet Examples.
How to Cite a Fact Sheet
Since fact sheets contain information that are proven to be true, they can be used as references to a research, report, or presentation. There are many ways to cite a fact sheet. Here we will show you some ways on how to cite a fact sheet. We also have Sample Fact Sheet Templates.
- The author’s name for the fact sheet is the person or organization who compiled it.
- The title of the fact sheet is also what you will put on your citation, and not where the title of the thing where the fact came from.
- If your fact sheet is one of the many pages in a book or magazine, you may follow the citation format for books or magazines.
Marketing Fact Sheets
One-Page Marketing Fact Sheet
Student Fact Sheets
School Fact Sheets
Personal Fact Sheets
Fact Sheet Format Guidelines
- Make your fact sheet readable. Use a font that is easy to read and a readable font size. Say for example, a Times New Roman font and font size 12.
- Have your information text short. Most people don’t read stuff written in big blocks of paragraph.
- If you have to write in paragraph form and it is really not avoidable, do so. But just make sure that the important stuff are on the very first paragraph.
- Do not assume that your reader knows about the other stuff that you are referring to in your fact sheet.
- Use simple terms and avoid jargon words. Not all readers have dictionaries on hand. Simple words can be easily understood.
- Try to use bullets instead of paragraphs.
- If the fact sheet is about a process that differs from one institution to the other, give a Web address, phone number, or email address that they can contact.
You can also check Sample Sheets.
22+ Asset Worksheet Templates – PDF, Excel
10+ Accounting Spreadsheet Samples and Templates – PDF, XLS
14+ Interview Worksheet Templates – PDF
16+ Inspection Worksheet Templates – PDF, Excel
14+ Overtime Worksheet Templates – PDF, Word, Excel
8+ Password Spreadsheet Templates – PDF, Word
9+ Monthly Spreadsheet Samples & Templates – PDF, Excel
11+ Hourly Worksheet Samples & Templates – PDF, Excel
7+ Accounts Receivable Spreadsheet Samples and Templates – Excel, Word
6+ Financial Spreadsheet Templates – PDF, Excel
10+ Daily Worksheet Templates – PDF, Word
22+ Payroll Templates in Excel
3+ Sales Prospecting Sheet Samples and Templates – PDF, Excel
6+ Debt Spreadsheet Samples & Templates – PDF, Excel
12+ Cash Flow Spreadsheet Samples and Templates – PDF