Summary refers to a skill that involves a concise and brief recollection of the main or key points of a piece of writing or literature. As a student, this skill is an ideal trait for assignments and preparation for examinations as well as a tool to aid more confident and effective communication. Other skills that are useful for both students and professional writers are discursive writing, informative writing, commentary writing, narrative writing, persuasive writing, and more.
50+ Summary Sheet Samples
1. University Summary Sheet Template
2. Law Student Case Brief Summary Sheet Template
3. Free Summary Term Sheet Template
4. Start Summary Sheet Template
5. Child Labor Summary Sheet Template
6. Activity Summary Sheet Template
7. Document Summary Sheet Template
8. Divorce Summary Sheet Template
9. Pond Summary Sheet Template
10. Nondoctoral Plan of Study Summary Sheet Template
11. Project Summary Sheet For Plan Review Template
12. Licensing Notebook Summary Sheet Template
13. Petty Cash Summary Sheet Template
14. Summary Sheet Template
15. Product Approval Summary Sheet Template
16. Loan Summary Sheet Template
17. Small Project Summary Sheet Template
18. Data Summary Sheet Template
19. Information Summary Sheet Template
20. Event Summary Sheet and Inventory Template
21. Evaluation Data Summary Sheet Template
22. Basic Summary Sheet Template
23. Judge Summary Sheet Template
24. Relief From Stay Summary Sheet Template
25. Policy Summary Sheet Template
26. Ten Percent Summary Sheet Template
27. Summary Sheet in PDF
28. Summary Hospitalization Sheet Template
29. Stream Visual Assessment Protocol Summary Sheet Template
30. Lecture Summary Sheet Template
31. Load Rating Summary Sheet Template
32. Agenda Item Summary Sheet Template
33. Final Practical Skills Examination Summary Sheet Template
34. Test Summary Sheet Template
35. Summary Sheet For Stack Adequacy Template
36. Tender Summary Sheet Template
37. College Visit Summary Sheet Template
38. Summary Data Sheet Template
39. Design Summary Sheet Template
40. Work and Energy Summary Sheet Template
41. Bid Summary Sheet Template
42. Academic Summary Sheet Template
43. Experience Summary Sheet For Application Template
44. Summary of Tasks Log Sheet Template
45. Flight Summary Sheet Template
46. Communication Summary Sheet Template
47. Scoring Summary Sheet Template
48. Citizenship Summary Sheet Template
49. Career Development Proposal Summary Sheet Template
50. Final Evaluation Summary Sheet Template
51. Audit Summary Sheet Template
What is a Summary Sheet?
A summary sheet is a document or tool that allows you to summarize information that you might find difficult to comprehend. The summary might refer to the month of accounts data such as the amount of money you have earned from a particular customer. It is also considered important to be informed on how to summarize different pieces of texts like magazine articles, internet articles, short stories, chapter books, and more.
How to Use a Summary Sheet
A summary sheet is a worksheet template that provides guidelines that enables the writer to create a comprehensive summary of their chosen text. This sheet can be also used as a project management tool that helps your team to spend less time searching for key information, enhancing effectiveness, and reporting essential metrics such as monthly progress reports, status reports, analysis reports, and more. Summary sheets can also be used for other kinds of writing such as descriptive, narrative, expository, and journal writing.
Step 1: Read Your Chosen Piece of Writing
An effective method to read includes three stages which are to scan, read, and skim. To identify the main points of what you are reading, you can start by reading the abstract which includes the writer’s summary of his work, consider the headings and subheadings, and read the text’s introduction and conclusion to create a comparison between them.
Step 2: Categorize the Text Into Sections
Breaking the text down into smaller sections enables it to be more manageable and understandable. These sections typically include the introduction, methods, results, and discussion. If several of your paragraphs discuss the same topic, you can group them into one section.
Step 3: Determine the Key Points in Every Section
Review each of your sections and select the most essential points such as points the readers must know to understand your overall argument or conclusion. You can also consider your thesis statement and topic sentences which is the main idea of each of your paragraphs.
Step 4: Compose Your Summary
To avoid possible cases of plagiarism, make sure to properly paraphrase the ideas presented by the author. It is best to write out your own comprehension of the text after reading it. You also have to include citations when you are summarizing such as referencing in APA format or MLA format.
How do you create a summary sheet in Excel?
There are different ways to create a summary sheet using Excel. You can use the automatic update from its group sheet feature, insert Excel VBA to create your summary sheet with hyperlinks, use the Excel consolidation tool, or apply the Excel Pivot Table Feature to create a summary of multiple worksheets.
What are the different types of summary worksheets that students can use?
The different types of summary worksheets that students can use include an article summary worksheet, four-square summary worksheet, prediction, fact, or opinion summary worksheet, five-questions summary worksheet, retell summary worksheet, and more.
What is the common information that a summary sheet should include?
Summary sheets contain a brief recollection of key points of a certain document or report. It includes the restatement of the report’s purpose, the highlights of its major points, and the description of results, conclusions, and recommendations.
A summary sheet is a tool used to create a brief summary of reports which helps in spending less time searching for important information in months worth of documentation or report. This sheet can also be used to determine how much you have earned, review your spending, and more. Summary sheets also provide a standard way of organizing and reporting critical information that is usually hard to maintain or manage.
FREE 10+ Cheat Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Instructor Course Fact Sheets Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Evaluation Tracking Sheet Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Balance Sheet Reconciliation Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Split Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Pro Forma Balance Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Meeting Sign in Sheet Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 18+ Tally Sheet Samples and Templates in Excel | PDF
FREE 10+ Reference Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Note Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Commission Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Sale Sign Up Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Punch Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Term Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Attendance Sheet Format Samples in PDF