There is a huge importance of making a progress report. It gives every project managers a clear visibility of what is happening and provides you with details that usually tells about the current task, percentage of the task completed, challenges that you would face, scheduled deadline for the completion of the task, and if everything is going well as planned. Generally, progress reports are simply broken down into three. It can be delivered daily, weekly, or monthly. They have different purposes and expectations, so you have to be aware of their differences and their individual roles. In this article, we will be discussing more about monthly progress reports.
10+ Monthly Progress Report Samples
Monthly progress reports are considered as reports intended for long term periods carried out by project managers. It can be one of the most effective review tools which can be used along with your team members. It tells how tasks should be properly handled. It is also very essential to give a comprehensive overview of the project. Situations that are dealt on a monthly basis can be clearer. With that, you will be able to see how it can be utilized to be used as a tool for learning your team’s competence in handling all the challenges you faced.
1. Monthly Construction Progress Report Template
2. Monthly Progress Report
3. University Monthly Progress Report
4. Designer Monthly Progress Report
5. Geographic Grantee Monthly Progress Report
6. Monthly Progress Business Report
7. Adult Learning Monthly Progress Report
8. Corrective Action Plan Monthly Progress Report
9. Cost Development Monthly Progress Report
10. Subcontractor Monthly Progress Report
11. Sample Monthly Progress Report
Tips on Creating a Monthly Progress Report Effectively
- You should be able to provide a brief yet concise description of your project. You don’t have to put too much details since its main purpose is to only remind what the project is all about. All project managers should keep in mind that they have to practice honesty and integrity when it comes to reporting. Note that some of the executives in your company have extremely sharp minds that they can remember every single detail no matter how small it is.
- Use tables, graphs, and charts to make your presentation easier. Visual reporting helps readers to see the trends easily. Check first if the data you are presenting is accurate.
- Do not use too many technical terms in your progress report. Make sure to define the project and make it more readable. All abbreviations should be spelled out if you are using it in the report for the first time followed by its abbreviated form. Doing so will let your readers be guided and ultimately know what it means.
- Use a good format of your report to increase its readability. Use only a single font and size all throughout your entire report. You should be consistent in writing the report. Emphasize the sections and subsections by making the text bold or underlining them. Emphasizing the texts signifies a new idea or topic is coming up.
- Allot more time in creating a report. Do not cram. You main goal is to get the progress of a particular project. Project managers should be able to go through the details and necessary information in order to come up with a comprehensive monthly progress report.
What does a monthly progress report contain?
It usually contains last month’s activities, accomplishments for the month, plans for the next month, and issues and concerns.
What are some guidelines that you need to follow in order to create a monthly progress report?
You must provide the necessary information, write what the project performance is all about, compare the progress of the project and the timelines planned, provide details about the tasks performed by your team, and support the details that you have presented in your monthly progress report.
What are some of the purposes of a monthly progress report?
It enables buy-in from stakeholders, provide transparency, help identify issues, pinpoint the progress at work, prevent unpleasant surprises, furnish a method, prevent scope creep, and present the right information.
If you want to see more samples and format, check out some of the monthly progress report samples and templates provided in the article for your reference.
FREE 10+ Sample Employee Reports
FREE 10+ Quality Assurance Report Samples
FREE 10+ Facilities Management Report Samples
FREE 10+ Work Status Report Samples
FREE 10+ Monthly Quality Report Samples
FREE 10+ Church Report Samples
FREE 9+ Status Report Samples
FREE 29+ Sample Reports
FREE 22+ Sample Monthly Management Report
FREE 20+ Board Report Samples
FREE 11+ Weekly Construction Report Samples
FREE 10+ Daily Status Report Samples
FREE 10+ Group Project Report Samples
FREE 9+ Sample Reports
FREE 8+ Accomplishment Report Samples