What is a log sheet? A log sheet is one of the many sheets that make up a logbook. A log sheet is where daily events and activities are recorded. Log sheets are used for a lot of things, but the main purpose of a log sheet is for recording and tracking important events, activities, and things.
A general work log sheet contains a record of the general job activities being done in a workplace. These 34 free log sheet templates provide you with the best and useful log sheet templates. Since they are free, there is no need for you to send a penny. Just check for any template that you like and hit download.
Log Sheet Template
Call Log Sheet Template
Maintenance Log sheet Template
Daily Voids Log Sheet Template
Restaurant Period Sales and Labor Log Sheet Template
Vehicle Log Sheet
Log Sheet for Motor Vehicle
Printable Log Sheets
Printable Workout Log Sheet
Printable Call Log Sheet
What Are the Components of Log Sheet?
There are no strict rules as to what a log sheet template contains. There are specific things that your company might want you to include as a component of your log sheet. For the meantime, here is a list of components that are usually or commonly seen in any logbook regardless of what it is used for.
- The title or what the log is for
- The date and time that the log was entered
- The name of the person who wrote the log
- The description about what is being logged
What Is the Purpose of a Log Sheet?
- A log sheet is used to keep track of time logs of employees.
- It is used as a log trips and delivery, which is usually utilized by trucking companies and those offering delivery services.
- A maintenance log provides information about who is on shift and if the tasks needed are already done.
- A parent communication sheet is used to store the contact details of parents of students so that they can be easily contacted whenever it is needed.
- An equipment log sheet is a record of the equipment that is borrowed by an employee for company business transactions.
You may also want to check our free fact sheets.
Daily Log Sheets
Log Sheet for Daily Work
Daily Activity Log Sheet
Daily Food Log Sheet
Mileage Log Sheets
Log Sheet for Car Mileage
Business Mileage Log Sheet
Dos and Don’t in Log Sheets
- Do provide instructions, especially in complicated log sheets where the contents are job or topic specific. This will help provide uniform entries and makes sure that the information entered are all useful.
- Don’t make any errors, erasures, or alterations when writing in log sheets. Faulty and inaccurate log sheets can be taken against you. In the shipping industry, log sheets are used in court as evidence and for investigating accidents at sea.
- Do follow instructions on how to handle errors, erasures, and alterations. Every company or organization has their own procedure on how to handle errors. Failure to do so might make the log sheet unreliable and seem fraudulent.
- Do provide enough space to write on the details of the entry, especially if the expected entry is supposed to be a narrative, like the spaces provided in log sheet samples.
- Do make sure that you are looking at the correct log sheet before writing anything on it to avoid messing up and having any erasure on the log sheet.
- Don’t use abbreviations when logging entries. Not all people might understand it and later on will lead to confusion.
- Don’t change or alter anything from previous entries or the logs of other people. Only work on your own and don’t touch anything else.
- Don’t write entries for someone else and decline any requests that are such. It may get you in trouble.
- Do write your name, time, and date on every entry that you write in a log sheet so that you can easily trace what is yours.
- Don’t leave blank or large spaces on any part of your log sheet entry as it is possible that other people might write on it and, again, can lead you to trouble.
Activity Log Sheets
Log Sheet for Physical Activity
Work Activity Log Sheet
Business Log Sheets
Business Expense Log Sheet
Business Travel Log Sheet
Cleaning Log Sheet
Room Cleaning Log Sheet
Call Log Sheet
Phone Call Log Sheet
How to Create a Log Sheet
Not all log sheets are the same, although they are mainly used for tracking and recording purposes. But that doesn’t mean that log sheets are difficult to make. What with the availability of downloadable and printable log sheets and log sheet examples, you’ll run out of excuses for not being able to make one. So we have prepared some steps on how you can make a log sheet.
- Identify what type of log sheet you will be making so that you can list down what you need and how many columns and rows you need to make.
- Prepare the sheet that you will be using for your log sheet.
- Put a header or title that will indicate what the log sheet is used for.
- Draw the table columns and rows that you need.
- You can download printable log sheet templates that are available online.
- If you want, you can put instructions on how to fill out the log sheet either on top of the table or below the table you created.
- Label the columns and rows that you need to label. It serves as a guide on what information is written in that column or row.
- Fill in the columns and rows with the information you need to log for the day.
Another useful sheet to check is our balance sheet examples.
Equipment Log Sheet
Log Sheet for Laboratory Equipment
Employee Log Sheet
Log Sheet for Employee Training
Employee Time Log Sheet
Inventory Log Sheet
Equipment Inventory Log Sheet
Maintenance Log Sheet
Equipment Maintenance Log Sheet
Log Sheet for Vehicle Maintenance
Payment Log Sheet
Log Sheet for Sample Payment
Rental Payment Log Sheet
Cash Payment Log Sheet
Project Log Sheets
Group Project Log Sheet
Log Sheet for Project Management
Project Time Log Sheet
Running Log Sheet
Printable Running Log Sheet
Sales Log Sheet
Outside Sales Log Sheet
Training Log Sheet
Safety Training Log Sheet
Staff Training Log Sheet
Gym Training Log Sheet
Volunteer Log Sheets
Student Volunteer Log Sheet
Log Sheet for Volunteer Service
Work Log Sheets
Log Sheet for Employee Work
Work Search Log Sheet
How Is a Log Sheet Used in the Shipping Industry?
In the shipping industry, a log sheet or logbook is referred to as a ship’s log. It is a book where records of important events and happenings in a ship’s management and operations are being kept and reviewed. The ship’s log is an important source of information in emergency situations or unwanted accidents that a ship encounters at sea. This record is used in the investigation on why the accident happened and who is responsible for it.
What Are Instructions for Log Sheets?
There are log sheets that are complicated to look at and are more complicated to fill out. This is when you easily make mistakes and a lot of erasures, most especially when you have no idea what it is asking for. That is why some log sheets provide instructions to guide in filling out the log sheet.
Below are other reasons why it is important to provide instructions on log sheets.
- Helps establish having uniform information on every column and row of the sheet.
- Prevents one from making errors, erasures, and alterations.
- Ensures that information entered in the log sheet are useful and what is being expected.
FREE 10+ Evaluation Tracking Sheet Samples in MS Word | PDF
FREE 9+ Balance Sheet Reconciliation Samples & Templates in PDF | MS Word
FREE 10+ Split Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Pro Forma Balance Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 12+ Sample Meeting Sign in Sheet Templates in MS Word | PDF
FREE 18+ Tally Sheet Samples and Templates in Excel | PDF
FREE 10+ Reference Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Note Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Commission Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Sale Sign Up Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Punch Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Term Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Attendance Sheet Format Samples in PDF
FREE 10+ Employee Attendance Sheet Samples in PDF
FREE 36+ Data Sheet Templates in MS Word | PDF